ADVERTISEMENT

Florida couple murdered by neighbor over ‘HOA issues’, sheriff says...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
STUART, Fla. (WFLA) — A Florida homeowners association president and her husband were fatally shot by a neighbor over apparent HOA issues on Saturday, according to deputies.

The Martin County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of two people shot at Cedar Pointe Condominiums in Stuart at 3:18 p.m. Cedar Pointe is a condo complex for retirees.

Sheriff William Snyder told TCPalm the couple – identified as Ginger and Harry Wallace, both age 81 – was found just feet away from their door with gunshot wounds in their chests. Harry was reportedly found clutching his house keys.

TCPalm reported that the suspect, Hugh Hootman, 75, was found in his apartment and surrendered to the SWAT team within 20 minutes of their arrival. He has reportedly been charged with two counts of first-degree murder.

Sheriff Snyder said Ginger was president of the condo complex’s HOA and the couple had gotten into an argument with Hootman in the days prior to the shooting.

“It does appear to us from witness statements that the shooter and Ginger had some disagreement over HOA issues,” Sheriff Snyder told TCPalm. “I don’t know what those were, though.”

Plus they were 81. They probably didn't have much time left anyway. And the 75 year old isn't going to serve out his full sentence either.
He’ll get 3 hots and a cot for free and free Medicare. No worries about Condo dues increasing or inflation eating into his fixed income. He’ll be in a cellblock with other seniors and they’ll all be asleep by 9:30. What’s not to like? Plus he got the last word in, right?

He’ll get 3 hots and a cot for free and free Medicare. No worries about Condo dues increasing or inflation eating into his fixed income. He’ll be in a cellblock with other seniors and they’ll all be asleep by 9:30. What’s not to like? Plus he got the last word in, right?
Sound like you are trying to sell yourself on killing someone. ;)

Wait I thought Florida was the state that stood for Freedom? Is this not America? An HOA sure doesn’t sound like freedom to me!

5903d263-4413-466e-b107-3a9e0507499c_text.gif

I was on an HOA call about five months ago. My T's & P's go out to those who work on the board - couldn't pay me enough to take that abuse. It was very serious business.

Reactions: VodkaSam
It was one of three things:

1. She refused to give back an astronaut pen.
2. She gave out faulty tip calculators that resulted in leaving more than 15%.
3. She was driving a fancy new car, a clear indication of embezzlement of HOA funds.
They were in Del Boca Vista?

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT