ADVERTISEMENT

Florida driver observations

BlIIlken2

HR All-American
Nov 23, 2021
-Speed limits are more an average of +/-25 mph. Pickups driving way too fast and old people Cadillacs driving unsafely slow.
-turn signals optional
-the amount of ‘merica and Maga flags on the back of pickups puts Iowa high schoolers to shame
-right of way rules are opposite
-green lights require an extra second or two before pulling through an intersection

I just assume most don’t have insurance

In Florida you have to try and trust the other drivers to do as they are supposed to. Unfortunately, you have to come to terms with the fact that people suck at driving. Expect to be disappointed.

Reactions: goldmom and DFSNOLE
-Speed limits are more an average of +/-25 mph. Pickups driving way too fast and old people Cadillacs driving unsafely slow.
-turn signals optional
-the amount of ‘merica and Maga flags on the back of pickups puts Iowa high schoolers to shame
-green lights require an extra second or two before pulling through an intersection

The running of red lights has gotten bad everywhere. Here in sleepy old DSM it pisses me off daily.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
bad-driver-meme-600pix-03h.jpg
10f811772e7e9d41506647c751ec2b4f.jpg

-turn signals optional

Try driving around Miami sometime. You'll be doing 20 over the speed limit and people will pass you so fast that your car will shake. A lot less MAGA flags down there though.

If you think the people on regular roads are bad, wait until you see them in a traffic circle. The backwards idiots don’t know the rules. Since there is no stop sign or red light, they just go hauling ass through regardless of whether have the right of way or not.

Reactions: goldmom
They also think red lights for right hand turns are yield signs. One of these days, someone is going to rear end me after I come to a complete stop before making a turn.

Negative. It’s across the board since most detritus from northern states filter in to Florida. Ohio must have the largest white trash population ever.
It just seems that in the summer months, I rarely see a turn signal used. See a much higher percentage (although still low) when the snowbirds come down.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Iowa has their share of crazies too. I will never forget the few times I had to take the detour during flood times heading up to NW Iowa a few years ago. That put me on I-80 for about a 30-mile stretch. I was doing 85 and that wasn’t fast enough, felt like I was driving in a video game.

Iowa has their share of crazies too. I will never forget the few times I had to take the detour during flood times heading up to NW Iowa a few years ago. That put me on I-80 for about a 30-mile stretch. I was doing 85 and that wasn’t fast enough, felt like I was driving in a video game.
I think a lot of those people are just driving through the state to another destination.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
It’s awful here. I tell you’re risking your life to move to Florida. Seriously 😳
Never come here! 😈
Vacation in the Ozarks instead...
Bob’s Bodacious Breakfast Buffet in Branson is calling your name!!! 🥞🥓🍳🍗🥯

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Try driving around Miami sometime. You'll be doing 20 over the speed limit and people will pass you so fast that your car will shake. A lot less MAGA flags down there though.

Not on I-95. 1.5 MPH.

Just be glad you're not driving in China. I will never forget my first trip there about 25 years ago. Our driver blew through a red light going about 60 mph. Our interpreter turns around from the front passenger seat and says "stop light for recommendation only". I can still remember the panic vividly. That was the beginning of many fun visits.

I think all US Interstates are reaching that point. I refuse to get on I-95 at all unless I’m forced to, and I-10 east-west through NoFla is still only two lanes each way, leading to literal ruts worn by the big trucks hauling ship containers out of Jacksonville. They can’t go over 70 and have to stay in the right lane so the left lane is a continual I Dare You Not To Go Less Than 85 Or I Might Shoot You Or Run Over You version of the time trials at Daytona.

It used to take an average of 2:45 to go from Jax to Tallahassee but now I’m there in 2:15 easy. Just going with the traffic flow. If I go 75 in the right lane I’m stuck in between two huge trucks...a
Semi-Sammich. 😳

In Florida you have to try and trust the other drivers to do as they are supposed to. Unfortunately, you have to come to terms with the fact that people suck at driving. Expect to be disappointed.
This. Almost got run off the road at the Disney entrance ramp by a guy in a big hurry changing lanes at 70 mph in which traffic was so bad that ten minutes later he was 3 car lengths ahead of me. Guess he felt better than being behind me ten minutes later.

Reactions: ericram
If you think the people on regular roads are bad, wait until you see them in a traffic circle. The backwards idiots don’t know the rules. Since there is no stop sign or red light, they just go hauling ass through regardless of whether have the right of way or not.
I have had some stop on a roundabout to let me in. "What the hell" stopping the flow in the roundabout.
Stupid people. I'm a old fart and know better than that.

It’s awful here. I tell you’re risking your life to move to Florida. Seriously 😳
Never come here! 😈
Now that's funny right there!!!

I usually drive 5 over the limit and everyone is passing me. Where is everyone going that needs to drive 10-20 over that gets them to their destination 3-5 min earlier?

Come up to Maryland sometime. Never has there been a citizenry so proficient at flipping vehicles.
I'll second this! Maryland drivers are really bad. They love to figure out what exit they need, then dive over at the last second from whatever lane they're in, without signaling, checking for other cars, etc.

Reactions: Aardvark86
Wish I had a way to post pictures, as I have an excellent meme for this. How do you post pictures these days?
go to imgur and hit the "new post" green button at the top left. Drag the file from your computer into the box and it will create a link. Then hit the "insert message" button in your post and copy and past the link into that box.

Never come here! 😈
I'm with you on this. Don't ever come here, eventually you will die.......or something. Anyway, STAY AWAY!!!

ADVERTISEMENT