ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Gov. Ron Desantis' office blasts NHL for 'discriminatory' job fair...

Only desperate simpletons scream that the mean Republicans are taking away your SSI. These people hope you’re too dumb to find out just what they’re talking about. You know, go beyond the noisy headlines and make the effort to get the details?
I am on SSI and I am not worried one bit.
They’d immediately never get another vote from a significant portion of their base constituency.
Move on Dims...🔥
You're calling us "dims" when we give you direct quotes from leading GOP congressmen including one I know you voted for? That is both hilarious and sad. Take the L in this thread and step out.

Last edited:
You're calling us "dims" when we give you direct quotes from leading GOP congressmen including one I know you voted for? That is both hilarious and sad. Take the L in this thread and step out.
But my point is that NOWHERE did those direct quotes say ANYTHING about cutting off SSI altogether because that’s not what they’re saying and you know it. I hope so anyway.

Are you being deliberately stubborn and obtuse? I had you pegged as brighter than that.

As stated previously, if they, whoever the hell that is, "take away social security", I'll expect a full refund with interest.

Secondly, as goldmom indicated, they will never receive a vote from me again.

Reactions: franklinman
As stated previously, if they, whoever the hell that is, "take away social security", I'll expect a full refund with interest.

Psst...they know this.

Whoever the hell? Rick Scott, for one. I assume goldie voted for him. You don't hear any Democrats saying what some of these guys are saying. Hell, Bush brought it up 20 years ago and realized quickly it was a bad idea because even his base disagreed strongly. That's our money and the cons want it.

But my point is that NOWHERE did those direct quotes say ANYTHING about cutting off SSI altogether because that’s not what they’re saying and you know it. I hope so anyway.

Are you being deliberately stubborn and obtuse? I had you pegged as brighter than that.
Okay. So now you're going to rest on semantics in your never ending defense of all things republican. Cutting social security and medicare will be devastating for millions of people. I know that. You know that. I care. You don't because either it doesn't affect you greatly or your empathy is gone. Just keep supporting them no matter what!

You calling someone else stubborn when you refuse to be critical of any and all things GOP is also both sad and hilarious. Now, this is where you would devolve into name calling and/or questioning one's intelligence. I won't lower myself to that level.

Utah US Senator Mike Lee said in 2010 that he wanted to end Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. His audience, mostly seniors, applauded. Silent Generation and Boomers are really good at closing the door behind them.

Last edited:
Whoever the hell? Rick Scott, for one. I assume goldie voted for him. You don't hear any Democrats saying what some of these guys are saying. Hell, Bush brought it up 20 years ago and realized quickly it was a bad idea because even his base disagreed strongly. That's our money and the cons want it.

Your own words:
"even his base disagreed strongly."

So just calm down drama queen.

Reactions: goldmom
Okay. So now you're going to rest on semantics in your never ending defense of all things republican. Cutting social security and medicare will be devastating for millions of people. I know that. You know that. I care. You don't because either it doesn't affect you greatly or your empathy is gone. Just keep supporting them no matter what!

You calling someone else stubborn when you refuse to be critical of any and all things GOP is also both sad and hilarious. Now, this is where you would devolve into name calling and/or questioning one's intelligence. I won't lower myself to that level.
So you’re NOT smarter than I give you credit for.
How does one state it more plainly? They are NOT ending SSI for seniors. They are telling us - in ways that beg a better delivery I agree - that an overhaul of the current system must be undertaken so that we do not hit a wall in 2035. But for whatever reason and regardless of how they try to approach the issue the Democrats twist it to use against them, thus proving that they aren’t serious about addressing the problem.

Last edited:
That was 20 years ago, moron, and they have shown to lie to and go against the will of their constituents. It's sad that you won't take these scumbags at their word on what they want to do to us.
Dear Jesus... thank you once again for not letting this unfortunate creature into the same classroom with any little person in my family.

So you really aren't opposed to discrimination, as long as you don't like the party being discriminated against. Got it. MLK would be thrilled.
These orgs mostly hire white straight non-veteran males. How is that discrimination?

How does one state it more plainly? They are NOT ending SSI for seniors. They are telling us - in ways that beg a better delivery I agree - that an overhaul of the current system must be undertaken so that we do not hit a wall in 2035. But for whatever reason and regardless of how they try to approach the issue the Democrats twist it to use against them, thus proving that they aren’t serious about addressing the problem.
I see you led with the name calling and insults this time.

If you truly believe Rick Scott would ever do anything that supports those who truly need social security, it's not my intelligence that should be questioned.

Reactions: nelly02
Can explain why you’re upset with a ban of this stuff being taught to 5-8 yr olds in Florida…when you’re an Iowa resident?
Probably because DeSantis makes it well-known to the rest of the country. If you think this is anything but politics I am not sure what to say. You still can't provide an example of it. Again, it's not in a curriculum.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I don’t need a job. Stop mentioning me in your posts.
Well, you certainly seem animated about it enough to post in this thread. Should I take this response to mean that you have not been oppressed in applying to jobs with the NHL?

I'm not in need of a job.
Oh, that's weird. You seemed so distressed in this thread about being oppressed. I'm sure you got your current job fair and square over every other qualified applicant. Or, was it just union rules?

I see you led with the name calling and insults this time.

If you truly believe Rick Scott would ever do anything that supports those who truly need social security, it's not my intelligence that should be questioned.

Why would a sitting US Senator from a state with a huge number of SSI recipients NOT want to support those senior citizens who have contributed to SSI?

It's not being taught. Kids are not being taught like DeSantis is saying. It's bullcrap. Your turn.

I am okay with informing parents. The other stuff is crap. Again, are they teaching lgbtq curriculum as is being reported? Come on.
I don’t know what a LGBTQ curriculum would look like but I probably wouldn’t like it 😂

Anyway, bottom line is I don’t really see a problem with the law…I think the LBGTQ “indoctrination” threat that Ron is pumping is way overblown.

I also think the “don’t say gay” reaction to the actual law as written is/was way overblown.

Basically a lotta blowin going on as per usual

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Probably because DeSantis makes it well-known to the rest of the country. If you think this is anything but politics I am not sure what to say. You still can't provide an example of it. Again, it's not in a curriculum.
Oh I agree it’s politics 100%

Almost everything is…

Just seems the “why do you care” argument is a staple around here so I threw it out 😄

I don’t know what a LGBTQ curriculum would look like but I probably wouldn’t like it 😂

Anyway, bottom line is I don’t really see a problem with the law…I think the LBGTQ “indoctrination” threat that Ron is way overblown.

I also think the “don’t say gay” reaction to the actual law as written is/was way overblown.

I would image at least 90 percent of the population wouldn't. That's why it's not being taught. The Don't Say Gay is overblown. However, DeSantis is doing quite a bit of culture war antics as he is a candidate for his party. Legislating on what could happen but never has is ridiculous. DeSantis is playing to the base about educators indoctrinating students. You have to know this, right?

You’re wrong. As usual. Defense of all things Con.

Reactions: nelly02

Anyway, bottom line is I don’t really see a problem with the law…I think the LBGTQ “indoctrination” threat that Ron is pumping is way overblown.

Just stop. When goldie is on your side you might want to back out of a conversation. Again, why do people think they know more about a topic than people who are in said topic? RNHawk and I disagree almost always but I don’t argue with him about nursing and I sure as hell don’t make shit up that isn’t happening in his profession.

Last edited:
I would image at least 90 percent of the population wouldn't. That's why it's not being taught. The Don't Say Gay is overblown. However, DeSantis is doing quite a bit of culture war antics as he is a candidate for his party. Legislating on what could happen but never has is ridiculous. DeSantis is playing to the base about educators indoctrinating students. You have to know this, right?
I just said it was politics so yes….

I also think there are educators that are obviously LGBTQ advocates and may have over stepped their bounds….been some pretty egregious examples but they’re anecdotal and I don’t think it’s wide spread. Anecdotal evidence rules the day nowadays though…

• Haha
Just stop. When goldie is on your side you might want to back out of a conversation. Again, why do people think they know more about a topic than people who are in said topic. RNHawk and I disagree almost always but I don’t argue with him about nursing and I sure as hell don’t make shit up that isn’t happening in his profession.
Oh so the teaching profession is off limits if you don’t teach? Interesting 🤨

I just said it was politics so yes….

I also think there are educators that are obviously LGBTQ advocates and may have over stepped their bounds….been some pretty egregious examples but they’re anecdotal and I don’t think it’s wide spread. Anecdotal evidence rules the day nowadays though…
Sure. There are always the crazies in every profession. Just because anecdotal evidence rules doesn't make it right. But I get ya.

Sure. There are always the crazies in every profession. Just because anecdotal evidence rules doesn't make it right. But I get ya.
The elevation of anecdotal evidence is probably the worst thing that has come out of the social media age IMO. At least in regards to our politics.

Used to be you had to come to the table with statistics and studies when discussing social issues….no longer. Unfortunately…

Then why did he and Florida have to make such a promotion in the passing of these bills?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Why do you believe Scott's nonsensical fear mongering? And, if he is fear mongering, why?

You should watch something else besides FoxNews.
I do not watch Fox News. I try not to watch any cable news outlets but when I’m at the gym in the afternoon CNN and Fox are on side by side, so if I’m using a piece of equipment in front of those I see both. I also see Food Network. Should I avoid that as well? Inquiring minds want to know...

I do not watch Fox News. I try not to watch any cable news outlets but when I’m at the gym in the afternoon CNN and Fox are on side by side, so if I’m using a piece of equipment in front of those I see both. I also see Food Network. Should I avoid that as well? Inquiring minds want to know...
Haha. Sure. You are quite the hack.

Why do you believe Scott's nonsensical fear mongering? And, if he is fear mongering, why?

He’s definitely not the only one saying it. Dems are jumping all over saying Republicans want to take away SSI.
Think about it. He’s warning that if the system is not fixed it will run out of money. He’s not saying we should dump it. So what can be done to fix it?
Why is this so difficult to understand?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT