ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Gov. Ron Desantis' office blasts NHL for 'discriminatory' job fair...

He’s definitely not the only one saying it. Dems are jumping all over saying Republicans want to take away SSI.
Think about it. He’s warning that if the system is not fixed it will run out of money. He’s not saying we should dump it. So what can be done to fix it?
Why is this so difficult to understand?
It's not running out of money! Did you even read what I posted?

Reactions: nelly02
Just stop. When goldie is on your side you might want to back out of a conversation. Again, why do people think they know more about a topic than people who are in said topic. RNHawk and I disagree almost always but I don’t argue with him about nursing and I sure as hell don’t make shit up that isn’t happening in his profession.

I’m thinking you must have forgotten that I was a teacher? 🤔

It's not running out of money! Did you even read what I posted?

Yes I did. And did you not read MY post from earlier when I said SSI would hit the wall in 2036...I was posting from memory and was two years off. Scott was mistaken on SSI but correct on Medicare. If I’m still kicking it in 2034 I can’t afford to get 78% of what I get now. You’re not going to be able to take a 22% cut either.
Really hard decisions like raising eligibility from 62 will have to be on the table as will the age of max benefit being 70.
The idea of a child being orphaned and collecting SSI until 18 is noble but should be funded by other programs rather than from the SSI piggy bank.
The max for 2023 earnings by the way is higher than the date of the article which references 2021. That limit should be removed altogether. If Dems are true believers in taxing the rich they shouldn’t have a problem with that.

Like CRT, which was another right-wing dog whistle, right?
My granddaughter is a third grader in St. John’s County and brought home an assignment this year that her parents found historically objectionable (she’s in the gifted program) and it went back to the teacher with a note from them. And they’re not “MAGATS” by any means.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
If it happens that the only persons who show up and apply for the position advertised should no one be hired?
Are you saying the only people applying for position ls with pro hockey teams are straight white males so they have no choice but to hire them? Come on now. That’s ridiculous and you know it. Diversifying your workforce is the opposite of discrimination.

Are you saying the only people applying for position ls with pro hockey teams are straight white males so they have no choice but to hire them? Come on now. That’s ridiculous and you know it. Diversifying your workforce is the opposite of discrimination.
I do believe the job fair should be open to everyone. However, the far right cannot wrap their head around the fact that the NHL is the most white pro sport. Maybe ... just maybe the NHL wants to move into other market demographics to increase revenue. Nope. Must make culture war.

I just said it was politics so yes….

I also think there are educators that are obviously LGBTQ advocates and may have over stepped their bounds….been some pretty egregious examples but they’re anecdotal and I don’t think it’s wide spread. Anecdotal evidence rules the day nowadays though…
Unbelievable.

Lol. Like I said, no job in the country has more people who think they are experts that don’t actually work in the field. It’s truly incredible.
It’s weird to me… we entrust teachers with educating and protecting our kids 7 hours a day for 9-10 months a year, and yet many people treat the profession with disrespect and want to nickel and dime them. I don’t get it.

He’s definitely not the only one saying it. Dems are jumping all over saying Republicans want to take away SSI.
Think about it. He’s warning that if the system is not fixed it will run out of money. He’s not saying we should dump it. So what can be done to fix it?
Why is this so difficult to understand?
Why do you constantly believe what crooks and grifters tell you? Would a smart person do that?

• Haha
Reactions: HarrisAOC24
It’s weird to me… we entrust teachers with educating and protecting our kids 7 hours a day for 9-10 months a year, and yet many people treat the profession with disrespect and want to nickel and dime them. I don’t get it.
Yep. We love, treat kids like family, and would give our lives to protect other peoples' children...but we're horrible and should be ripped on here weekly. Always by the right. Why is that? Why won't they understand?

• Haha
Reactions: HarrisAOC24
Lol. Like I said, no job in the country has more people who think they are experts that don’t actually work in the field. It’s truly incredible.

Not what you expected when you got in, but the reality you have to live with.

Oh, and cashier's might take a strong stance on that opinion 😀

Did I say anything that would indicate I endorse such? I just asked a “what if” question. Did that go over your head? You must be vertically challenged.

I feel sorry for your children having an ignorant bigot for a mother.

LOL I can’t even get upset at your name calling anymore. You’re just not to be taken seriously.
Since my children are bright intelligent adults I think it’s okay.

Then here’s an uncomfortable fact: It’s a historically rooted bias against the profession because it was considered a female occupation for so long.

Not surprised. She’s surely a horrible mom. Probably thinks it’s her kid’s fault.

Oh, Tom. You’re so sad.
My children are grown adults. We have a wonderful relationship and we all love each other.

No kidding. You went on a huge rant about her. Can't remember?
Honestly I do not. And I’m not sure I’d even rant on some random message board about “hating my daughter”.
Like I said refresh my memory

Honestly I do not. And I’m not sure I’d even rant on some random message board about “hating my daughter”.
Like I said refresh my memory
It was a freakin' long time ago. About the time you were okay with Kelley Conway posting compromising photos of her daughter.

It was a freakin' long time ago. About the time you were okay with Kelley Conway posting compromising photos of her daughter.

Post the receipts.

You don’t get to call out someone for hating their daughter, being a shitty mom, and making up lies without having evidence

Reactions: goldmom
True. I have empathy for teachers…have many family members in the profession.

It’s a bit much to expect folks not to have opinions on the folks educating the nations kids though…

Reactions: goldmom
Did I say anything that would indicate I endorse such? I just asked a “what if” question. Did that go over your head? You must be vertically challenged.
What point are you trying to make with your “what if” question?

ADVERTISEMENT