ADVERTISEMENT

Florida mail carrier mauled by dogs after truck broke down...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
INTERLACHEN, Fla. (AP) — Five dogs mauled a mail carrier for the U.S. Postal Service after her truck broke down along a road in north Florida, officials said.

Putnam County Sheriff’s deputies found the 61-year-old woman on the ground when they arrived at the scene in Interlachen Lake Estates on Sunday afternoon, sheriff’s officials said in a Facebook post. They also found the dogs inside a fence at a nearby residence.

A nearby resident told deputies they heard the woman screaming for help and saw five dogs attacking her. Several neighbors tried pulling the dogs off the woman and one shot a gun into the air to scare the dogs away, the report said.

Deputies started first aid on the woman, who was severely bleeding. They applied tourniquets until a rescue unit arrived and took the woman to a hospital, officials said.

The woman was then flown to a trauma center in Gainesville, where she was in critical condition on Monday.

The county’s animal control unit took custody of the dogs.

An investigation is continuing.

Sunday afternoon? Must have been delivering packages for Amazon. I don’t know whether to blame Louis DeJoy or Jeff Bezos.

My god. Another one

KNM_DOG_ALMOST_EATS_MUM_ALIVE_6.jpg

Reactions: 24 so far
My god. Another one

KNM_DOG_ALMOST_EATS_MUM_ALIVE_6.jpg
Let’s add things up here. She has a 20-year-old daughter, a 21-year-old husband, and a 33-year-old “friend” named Peter. She has an elaborate tramp stamp tattoo and she has a 100 lb pitbull.

Did I miss anything?

Let’s add things up here. She has a 20-year-old daughter, a 21-year-old husband, and a 33-year-old “friend” named Peter. She has an elaborate tramp stamp tattoo and she has a 100 lb pitbull.

Did I miss anything?
The 21 year old is married to the 20 year old.

Peter decided he’d rather listen to her be eaten from other side of the bathroom door, but then the kids showed up.

23 posts in and no "good guy with a gun" comment.

"...one shot a gun into the air to scare the dogs away, the report said"

6qwnd4.jpg

23 posts in and no "good guy with a gun" comment.

"...one shot a gun into the air to scare the dogs away, the report said"

6qwnd4.jpg
I read he shot into the ground which is actually the right way to do it. Firing into the air could kill someone when it comes back down.

And well they were dogs, so we need to ask where the good dogs with guns are.

Did I miss anything?
I am going to write a new MindHunter spin-off for the pitbull killings. Hope you don't mind if I plagiarise your profile.

Reactions: TJ8869
Based on the pictures provided, think I would have waited in my broken-down truck rather than getting out and trying to find a door to knock on in that "neighborhood"

Reactions: JupiterHawk
ADVERTISEMENT