ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Man Puts on Helmet and Tackles 9 Yr Old at Football Practice

TC Nole OX

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A Pensacola man was arrested last Thursday after putting on a helmet at a little league football practice and charging into a 9-year-old player, according to an arrest report.

David Taylor, 41, is charged with cruelty towards a child and disorderly conduct.

The incident happened on Sept. 20.

According to the arrest report, Taylor was seen by Escambia County deputies arguing with coaching staff at a little league football practice being held at the Longleaf Elementary School football field.

The report states coaches told deputies the argument began after Taylor witnessed his son get overpowered during a 1-on-1 tackling scrimmage by another 9-year-old player.

According to the report, Taylor took his son's helmet and placed it on his head. He then got into a "football kneeling stance" in front of the other 9-year-old and charged head first into his chest.

The report states Taylor then grabbed the 9-year-old by the arms and pushed him several feet.

I can't believe for a second this man would do something like this. No way he put his High Life down long enough to make that tackle.
98471755-adfc-4b9a-a4b9-513327ee63a6-large16x9_pefe.PNG

It's fun. I did it through Jr. High.

Then I reported to football practice in High School and everyone was suddenly a whole lot bigger than me and I backed away slowly....
We had flag football until Jr High. Can't imagine how disorganized it is at a younger age. Though culturally I suppose in the south they probably have little tyke OL chutes.

We had flag football until Jr High. Can't imagine how disorganized it is at a younger age. Though culturally I suppose in the south they probably have little tyke OL chutes.
It's my understanding that in Southlake, TX the peewee coaches work with the Southlake Carroll coaches to begin teaching football the way that builds into the system that SLC runs in high school. So by the time players get to HS, they've been learning the offense for ~9 years.

@southlakehawk that sound right? Might just be North Texas urban legend.

I’ve helped with 3-6 grade and it’s great. Kids are too slow and small that age to hurt each other. It’s great to teach them proper form and technique at the young age.

While I don't necessarily disagree, it is pretty interesting watching Friday Night Tikes for a bit, and while there are certainly many more teams in the south, there are teams all the way up into PA.

I think they have it larger metros in the Midwest now too. Just hard to imagine those kids picking up on much. How much do you get to practice at that age? Once we started tackle in junior high, we started with a couple weeks of camp with daily practices and had like a regular season daily practice schedule once games started.

I think they have it larger metros in the Midwest now too. Just hard to imagine those kids picking up on much. How much do you get to practice at that age? Once we started tackle in junior high, we started with a couple weeks of camp with daily practices and had like a regular season daily practice schedule once games started.

I mean, I get the reservation, no doubt. At the same time, if you start them young and teach them the proper way to tackle, you help condition them for heads up, etc.... Little boys will be playing tackle on their own anyways.

How much practice? It's like any other sport, some are one a week, others are 3 times a week, plus games. Some have multiple coaches "on staff", so I bet more than you think.

Some of the <12 girls soccer are practicing 3 times a week out here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT