ADVERTISEMENT

Florida peeps

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Looking for vacation locations for March 2022. I love Marco island but the rest is the family is been there done that. Want to stay south where it is more reliably hot that time of year. Preferably we would rent a house for an extended family of 12 or so. Want to stay on the gulf side. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonrann
I’m in the Keys now and loving it. Depends on family age, budget and what exactly you want to do. It’s actually a little cool in Key West today with the stiff breeze.

Red Tide comes and goes as it has since people landed in Florida in the 1500’s. Good to look out for, but hardly a new phenomenon.

That may be true but I was in Captiva last October and the only thing you heard was coughing. This was at the pool across the street because nobody could stand to be on the beach

Looking for vacation locations for March 2022. I love Marco island but the rest is the family is been there done that. Want to stay south where it is more reliably hot that time of year. Preferably we would rent a house for an extended family of 12 or so. Want to stay on the gulf side. Thoughts?
Grew up vacationing on Sanibel/captiva. Florida sucks, but that area is decent. Do yourself a favor and go to Newport Beach, CA. Weather is better and way fewer old ****ers.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I have heard the beaches are impeccable but the weather might be cool in March. This would be Iowans in the freezing cold looking for hot and balmy for a week.
Siesta Key or Anna Maria. Check out VRBO. The weather is hit or miss but a few miles south won’t make enough of a difference to matter. The Keys would be the only sure thing.

Yes to San Diego. Stay in La Jolla. Beautiful views, children’s cove nice place for younger kids to swim.

Reactions: goldmom

Beautiful. No doubt about it. I think it is too expensive, but that is my situation. I have a cousin that has a place there. It is stunningly beautiful.

I love the Keys, and if I do someday find myself enjoying the climate and nuance of the area, it will be on a live-aboard sailboat.

Check for red tide. Seriously some of the beaches in South Florida are not pleasant right now.

Thanks! Kids will be aged 14 to 23. Parents and grandparents pretty low key. Fishing, great food, sun, and beaches are “key.”
Generally, the keys and Key West do not have great beaches. There are some smaller ones here or there that are decent, but nothing like you'll see on the gulf coast of mainland florida.

St George Island in the Big Bend is an all time favorite, but no promise about your weather requirement.
We spent Christmas week there for several years with young kids, flying kites, grilling, chilling,....
Everybody walking by showed concern about our kids swimming. Wifey typically replied, “They know how to get out of the water if they feel cold.”

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT