ADVERTISEMENT

Florida sheriff's deputy runs over sunbather with his police SUV...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. - The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office isn't responding to questions about how a sunbather was run over by one of its deputies who was driving an SUV on St. Pete Beach Wednesday afternoon.

The deputy ran over the 23-year-old woman who was reportedly lying on her back on the sand.

It happened just after 1 p.m. behind 4450 Gulf Boulevard. The sheriff's office said the 58-year-old deputy was driving a fully-marked Chevrolet Tahoe when it happened.

The deputy was parked and talking with pedestrians when he was dispatched to the location of a 911 hang-up.

The deputy turned right from where he was parked and that's when he ran the sunbather over.

According to investigators, the front driver side tire of the Tahoe drove over the woman's right side and mid to upper back. She was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and did not feel up to talking to reporters Thursday.

A bystander, who wished to remain anonymous, took photos of a deputy standing over the woman as firefighter rescue personnel tended to the victim. The pink facade of the Don Cesar hotel could be seen in the background.

subather-scene.jpg

Beachgoers Thursday said they see sheriff's office SUVs patrolling Pinellas County beaches regularly.

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office has not responded to FOX 13's questions about whether it will review policies about driving full-sized SUVs on the sand.

The sheriff's office also uses smaller ATVs on the beaches, as well.

They declined an interview Thursday, citing the active and ongoing investigation by its Major Accident Investigation Team.

subather-scene.jpg

4, 1, 3, 5, 6, 2 M2FL* ** *** ****

* I hope the injured woman makes a full and speedy recovery.
** Rating of men was for comedic purposes only.
*** To be clear, the woman kneeling is the one considered to be on the far left and first.
**** No rating given to the injured woman, or the guy in the white bro tank in the background.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: lucas80 and NCHawk5
Ha, immediately recognized the backdrop. couple years ago I lived on gulf blvd right where this happened. There really is no need for officers to have full size vehicles patrolling the beach. give them a 4 wheeler or something. Hopefully this lady ends up being ok…..

Ha, immediately recognized the backdrop. couple years ago I lived on gulf blvd right where this happened. There really is no need for officers to have full size vehicles patrolling the beach. give them a 4 wheeler or something. Hopefully this lady ends up being ok…..
Oh I guarantee she ends up ok. $$$

Son lives 15 minutes from there. The Don was his first place of employment when he moved there. Family has spent mucho time there.
Hope the woman is okay.

Yeah, but do the 4 wheelers have air conditioning?

Reactions: claykenny

*** To be clear, the woman kneeling is the one considered to be on the far left and first.
**** No rating given to the injured woman, or the guy in the white bro tank in the background.

Wood … stay at the Don Cesar.

Reactions: Tenacious E
If whatever that black smudge is on the leg of the black topped / yellow bottom bikini lady was higher you could be forgiven for thinking you were seeing a massive bush at a nudist beach.

You’ve got lady cop rated too low.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT