ADVERTISEMENT

Florida teacher resigns after his photos of MLK and Harriet Tubman were deemed 'age inappropriate'

SoProudNole

HR Legend
Jan 19, 2004
Gonna be a long school year in this dumbass state.

On Thursday, the Pensacola News Journal reported that that a public school teacher in Escambia County, Florida resigned after a school employee removed his classroom photos of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. and abolitionist Harriett Tubman.

"The teacher, Michael James, emailed a letter to Gov. Ron DeSantis and Escambia County Superintendent Tim Smith in which he wrote that a district employee removed pictures of historic Black American heroes from his classroom walls, citing the images as being 'age inappropriate,'" reported Colin Warren-Hicks. "Images that were removed from the bulletin board at O.J. Semmes Elementary School included depictions of Martin Luther King Jr., Harriett Tubman, Colin Powell and George Washington Carver, James said."

Link

On Thursday, the Pensacola News Journal reported that that a public school teacher in Escambia County, Florida resigned after a school employee removed his classroom photos of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. and abolitionist Harriett Tubman.

"The teacher, Michael James, emailed a letter to Gov. Ron DeSantis and Escambia County Superintendent Tim Smith in which he wrote that a district employee removed pictures of historic Black American heroes from his classroom walls, citing the images as being 'age inappropriate,'" reported Colin Warren-Hicks. "Images that were removed from the bulletin board at O.J. Semmes Elementary School included depictions of Martin Luther King Jr., Harriett Tubman, Colin Powell and George Washington Carver, James said."

Link
That's just so fvcked up. The school district is investigating. I'm guessing someone will be fired over this.

Bullshit. Some idiot doesn't know the law and this guy quits while blaming the law. This wasn't the government removing these pictures. There's more to this story and lots of missing info. Coulda been a janitor as far as we know.

Bullshit. Some idiot doesn't know the law and this guy quits while blaming the law. This wasn't the government removing these pictures. There's more to this story and lots of missing info. Coulda been a janitor as far as we know.
Maybe there is more to the story. But what is bullshit is the possibility for this story to even be true as it is reported. This story should be so ridiculous sounding that nobody gives it any credibility for more than 10 seconds. However, this is Florida so anything is possible.

Maybe there is more to the story. But what is bullshit is the possibility for this story to even be true as it is reported. This story should be so ridiculous sounding that nobody gives it any credibility for more than 10 seconds. However, this is Florida so anything is possible.
There’s no law in Florida that would require that….

I gave it much less than 10 seconds. Anyone who swallows this story whole is definitely ridiculous.

It's possible anywhere.

OJ Semmes is located in a very diverse neighborhood that's dominated by a government housing project. The rest of the story will come out very soon. I went to high school a few blocks away.

C3mB8c-WcAA_PI7.jpg

Yes, don't vote for Republicans down there.
Because of the partisan primary system, at least 3/4 of the people in my county are registered GOP. Whoever wins the GOP primary is going to win the general election.

I can promise you I won't vote for Trump or Gaetz. Other than that, it's going to be based on the best person in each race, regardless of party. Unfortunately, most Dems running for local office are poor candidates because most of the sane candidates run as GOP, even if they aren't truly conservative.

Reactions: Tfxchawk
Because of the partisan primary system, at least 3/4 of the people in my county are registered GOP. Whoever wins the GOP primary is going to win the general election.

I can promise you I won't vote for Trump or Gaetz. Other than that, it's going to be based on the best person in each race, regardless of party. Unfortunately, most Dems running for local office are poor candidates because most of the sane candidates run as GOP, even if they aren't truly conservative.
Must be different that everywhere else. All the sane GOP candidates have been kicked out.

Reactions: HawkMD
Must be different that everywhere else. All the sane GOP candidates have been kicked out.
Don't misunderstand. The panhandle has plenty of crazy GOP candidates. It's more like people of all political philosophies are registered as GOP.

This is exactly what I’m talking about when I say Dems are duped just as much as Republicans. The Raw Story article failed to include the fact that the Pledge of Allegiance was also taken down from the same board. That’s obviously not a right vs left move. Stop using Raw Story as your news source. It’s like Newsmax or OAN.

It seems weird that this guy resigns at 61 without telling his superintendent of the problem. I’ll be interested in seeing what they find.

Not Florida but still fitting since the GOP has pandered and emboldened these nutjobs to force their worldview on school districts.

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
Why, seems to be an employee problem in the school district, or do we really have to elevate this to crisis level?
Our children are at threat here..............well......not your children, or any child that doesn't attend this school...............but there is a threat!!!

Link
I'm sure nothing was left out of this story.;)

Link
Unreal. The GOP is completely and utterly useless

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT