ADVERTISEMENT

Florida teacher resigns after his photos of MLK and Harriet Tubman were deemed 'age inappropriate'

You are correct, Dems are not fascists, they are communists.
No, they are not communists. You have no idea what a communist actually is, although they do believe that we are better off working together rather than working against each other on everything (but that doesn't make you a communist).

When Democrats start passing laws nationalizing oil companies, all manufacturing, and everything else then you can start throwing the communist word around. Republicans are actually passing fascist laws now. It's no longer hyperbole to talk about Republicans being fascist. Their actions have made it true.

No, they are not communists. You have no idea what a communist actually is, although they do believe that we are better off working together rather than working against each other on everything (but that doesn't make you a communist).

When Democrats start passing laws nationalizing oil companies, all manufacturing, and everything else then you can start throwing the communist word around. Republicans are actually passing fascist laws now. It's no longer hyperbole to talk about Republicans being fascist. Their actions have made it true.
Yep

Overturning elections and tossing out legitimate votes is full-on fascism.

You really need to open a book once in a while, maybe something other than the Communist Manifesto this time.

Reactions: Tfxchawk
Did OP get what he wanted out of this thread?

Absolutely, which is to say I got some political discussion and a bit of mudslinging going back and forth.

If you think I'm going to be sheepish because the story I posted has, apparently to this point, turned out to be less than accurate, you're mistaken.

I can handle being proven wrong on a regular basis. Really, ask anyone.

Absolutely, which is to say I got some political discussion and a bit of mudslinging going back and forth.

If you think I'm going to be sheepish because the story I posted has, ee apparently to this point, turned out to be less than accurate, you're mistaken.

I can handle being proven wrong on a regular basis. Really, ask anyone.
I agree.
You’re just wrong so it’s gotta feel like just another day.

Good one. You still have no idea what communism actually is.
I do. Have been to communist countries many times. Know many people that grew up in communist countries including eastern Europe, china, cuba, and Russia. Some of them still do think life was better for them when the USSR was ruling that part of the world. The Chinese friends won't say much because even though they're out they are scared....for good reason. The eastern Europeans I have known all are glad the USSR is gone. Almost all of them whisper about their experience and if that doesn't tell you something I'm not sure what will.

Every single one I have spoken with about things like this would tell me the type of comments you are making are right out of the playbook. I hope for your sake you wake up to reality because people like you are who they shoot first when they gain power. You wouldn't think that would be true but it is. The cultural revolution in china behaved exactly how you claim communism doesn't work

I do. Have been to communist countries many times. Know many people that grew up in communist countries including eastern Europe, china, cuba, and Russia. Some of them still do think life was better for them when the USSR was ruling that part of the world. The Chinese friends won't say much because even though they're out they are scared....for good reason. The eastern Europeans I have known all are glad the USSR is gone. Almost all of them whisper about their experience and if that doesn't tell you something I'm not sure what will.

Every single one I have spoken with about things like this would tell me the type of comments you are making are right out of the playbook. I hope for your sake you wake up to reality because people like you are who they shoot first when they gain power. You wouldn't think that would be true but it is. The cultural revolution in china behaved exactly how you claim communism doesn't work
Which comments, specifically?

Lol. Ok Mr mao
Hey, if you're going to make the accusation then you need to back it up. But, it's clear that you have no idea, just like your whole story of asking people in communist countries what they think of communism is complete BS. I'm guessing you vote for the fascists too.

Hey, if you're going to make the accusation then you need to back it up. But, it's clear that you have no idea, just like your whole story of asking people in communist countries what they think of communism is complete BS. I'm guessing you vote for the fascists too.
Racist, Fascist, Bigot, Homophobe get thrown around at the drop of a hat on this board...why not communist?

Exaggeration and hyperbole are SOP on this board....why draw the line at communist?

Racist, Fascist, Bigot, Homophobe get thrown around at the drop of a hat on this board...why not communist?

Exaggeration and hyperbole are SOP on this board....why draw the line at communist?
Because they know it is hitting too close to home.

It's Republicans passing legislation that requires political positions to be known for hiring for a job. It's Republicans that pass legislation removing certain symbols they don't like from classrooms. It's Republicans attacking law enforcement officials who are doing their jobs. It's Republicans who have politicized the court system to circumvent the legislative process. These are all fascist actions. But you won't read that and just continue to project what the Trump dumpster groups are doing and pretending it's actually Democrats doing these things.

You still haven't provided any explanation as to what you are talking about. Because, again, you have no idea what communism actually is.
One of the reasons I'm so conservative is because throughout my entire childhood, my grandparents explained to me over and over again what life was like in their native Bulgaria. (I know you aren't very bright as you are a known leftist, so let me inform you that Bulgaria was a communist country) They were not allowed to own anything. They were not allowed to go anywhere without the government's approval. When my grandfather went back to visit his mother and sister in the 1960s, his own family didn't believe him that he owned a farm and his own farm equipment.

You my friend have no idea what communism is because if you did, you wouldn't be the leftist you are. There is nothing good about an all powerful, unaccountable government something the American left longs for.

One of the reasons I'm so conservative is because throughout my entire childhood, my grandparents explained to me over and over again what life was like in their native Bulgaria. (I know you aren't very bright as you are a known leftist, so let me inform you that Bulgaria was a communist country) They were not allowed to own anything. They were not allowed to go anywhere without the government's approval. When my grandfather went back to visit his mother and sister in the 1960s, his own family didn't believe him that he owned a farm and his own farm equipment.

You my friend have no idea what communism is because if you did, you wouldn't be the leftist you are. There is nothing good about an all powerful, unaccountable government something the American left longs for.
And you think Democrats are doing that? I would love for you to list off some of the policies that Democrats are pushing that even resembles what you describe in Bulgaria. I can certainly name some policies Republicans are pushing that do that though. You are so unhinged it's an embarrassment to your grandparents to even bring that crap up as some sort of justification for your fascist beliefs now. You clearly missed the message from them because right now, there is a party in the United States taking away people's rights and it isn't the Democrats. You are aiding and abbetting the very scenario you claim to be afraid of in the above post. Unbelievable.

Social democracy is not communism.

I lived in the former USSR for over five years. I did research on the development of what was called in “free market democracy“. I worked as an analyst for the us dept of state for three years too. I saw effects of so-called “shock therapy“, corrupt privatization, I saw the rise of Putin in Saint Petersburg, and just because you have an anecdote from your grandparents doesn’t mean you understand much of anything about communism. Do you really think that Ayn Rand is the only response to the awful excesses and genocides of Stalin and Lennon?

Newsflash: there have been justice many genocides conducted in the name of capitalism and imperialism as in 20 century communism. Much more in fact.

you do know that corporations were formed for the first time in the name of capitalism and imperialism, right? Do some reading on the Dutch East India Company. And a few centuries later, do some reading about imperialist and capitalist monsters like King Leopold second of Belgium, personally responsible for the deaths of a couple million Congolese, because the Belgian Congo was his personal fiefdom and he wanted as much rubber as possible for his personal wealth. Ever watch Apocalypse now? It’s based on a book that’s written about the Congo at that time, called heart of darkness by Joseph Conrad.

My father-in-law was detained as a teenager installers Gulag after the war. They in the majority of the people in the agricultural sector in the Baltic states were able to do much better under collective agriculture than they do now, because most of them were driven off their land during privatization and now it is mostly corporate big ag.

You can be against Soviet or Mauist communism but for social democracy or work or cooperatives or unions.

it’s amazing to me how people think they know an entire ideology because of stories that they heard as a kid or whatever.

People decide what to believe early on in life and they don’t educate themselves or act with any kind of objectivity enough to change their opinion based on actual facts on the actual ground.

Communism is evil and the modern Democratic party is moving in that direction. 85,000 IRS agents? Censoring of political speech? Weaponizing the IRS against the tea party? Putting 1/6 protestors in prison without council or bail? Using the FBI to raid the home of a former president. The dems are making Stalin proud.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Such a shame that schools have to know what material they are handing out to children.
It’s a manufactured issue. I’m not saying that there wasn’t a microscopic chance that a teacher was teaching something that they shouldn’t (Alt left or alt right). But it didn’t warrant this type of action.

Such a shame that schools have to know what material they are handing out to children.
That's why you have state mandated standards. That's why you have administration whose job it is to ensure that the teachers are sticking to the curriculum. But here you've added another completely unfunded mandate to do something that is redundant.

ADVERTISEMENT