ADVERTISEMENT

Florida vacation advice needed

Tommy Gavin

HR Heisman
Oct 28, 2003
Taking my wife and 2 boys to Florida in August for a week on the Allegiant Air Cedar Rapids to St Petersburg airport route.

We've done Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach so looking for some place different. We try to rent a condo whenever we go so would like someplace with a decent selection would help. Here are some of our choices within about an hour of the airport:

Ann Maria Island
Longboat Key
Siesta Key
Venice

Looking for great beach, clear water and a location that has other things to do as well. I'm currently up in the air on all 4 of the locations as well as any recommendations.

Thoughts?

Anna Marie or Siesta

Many will tell you Siesta is the best beach in Florida. It's nice,but way overrated. I work out of Anna Marie and it's starting to get really popular, but is a little more laid back.

Longboat is nice, but is more residential and golf resorts.
Venice is pretty dead, not much there anymore.

My advice would be don't smoke pot in the backseat of a car with a school principle. You will get busted.

Anna Marie or Siesta

Many will tell you Siesta is the best beach in Florida. It's nice,but way overrated. I work out of Anna Marie and it's starting to get really popular, but is a little more laid back.

Longboat is nice, but is more residential and golf resorts.
Venice is pretty dead, not much there anymore.
Agree with this

Is there an area in Anna Maria island that is more desirable? We like to stay on the beach the way.

Indian Shores and Redington are nice areas with decent beaches and are very close to Treasure Island where there are a lot of things to do.

It's hard to beat the sand of Siesta Key beaches but they can be really crowded.

Indian Shores and Redington are nice areas with decent beaches and are very close to Treasure Island where there are a lot of things to do.

It's hard to beat the sand of Siesta Key beaches but they can be really crowded.

Yeah, I kind of blend St Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Indian Shores, Redington sort of all into 1 since they pretty much run together.

We really liked the beach and water at St Pete Beach but the area itself wasn't the greatest imho.

Ive been to anna maria island twice and rented condos right on the beach. very nice and relaxing. its also cool how that area has no mcdonalds or starbucks. they keep it pretty local minus the walgreens and grocery store.

You don't like oceans and nice weather year round brah?

florida-zombie-ecard.png

Reactions: The_Joker13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT