ADVERTISEMENT

Flu season like stronger, earlier this year

Makes sense. People not getting the flu for a while results in a less circulating neutralizing antibodies and more frequent infection. Now what we have to do is use the covid MRNA technology to rapidly produce flu vaccines for that season rather than the old methods of guessing two or three strains and growing them slowly in chicken eggs. MRNA tech should allow us to rapidly turn around an accurate vaccine.

Then we should also combine flu and covid boosters.

Never had a flu shot and I got the flu last year.

Knocked my ass out for like a week.

You better believe I'm getting a flu shot this year.

Reactions: BEAVERDALEHAWK
Never had a flu shot and I got the flu last year.

Knocked my ass out for like a week.

You better believe I'm getting a flu shot this year.
I had Influenza A last year. It was horrible. First year that I can remember I didn’t get a flu shot too. Horrible timing on my part.

The worst flu I ever had was ironically after taking the flu shot for the first time ever. It was maybe 2012 or 2014? Probably the sickest I've ever been as an adult.

Even though that was scary, I've had the flu shot every year since then and no flu.

The worst flu I ever had was ironically after taking the flu shot for the first time ever. It was maybe 2012 or 2014? Probably the sickest I've ever been as an adult.

Even though that was scary, I've had the flu shot every year since then and no flu.
You don't get the flu from a flu shot. It's an inactive virus. You can have side effects.

Reactions: BEAVERDALEHAWK
You don't get the flu from a flu shot. It's an inactive virus. You can have side effects.

I know this.

It was a coincidence or the vaccine wasn't tuned for the flu variant I caught or the vaccine was administered too late or whatever.

That's why I rolled up my sleeve the following year.

Reactions: praguehawk
Makes sense. People not getting the flu for a while results in a less circulating neutralizing antibodies and more frequent infection. Now what we have to do is use the covid MRNA technology to rapidly produce flu vaccines for that season rather than the old methods of guessing two or three strains and growing them slowly in chicken eggs. MRNA tech should allow us to rapidly turn around an accurate vaccine.

Then we should also combine flu and covid boosters.

oh great, so we can get the dead from flu shots now too.

I’m not one to defend Trad, but I read his comment as just being about coincidental timing…..that he had never gotten the flu shot before, then did and still wound up with flu anyway, not him saying the shot caused it. You can certainly have the flu shot and also get one of the other strains that aren’t in that year’s shot.

ADVERTISEMENT