ADVERTISEMENT

Flu shot

Because that gives me a 50% chance of not getting it. I'd prefer to not get sick if possible.

My only concern is that is seems I'm now being tailed.
So, you're bed ridden for a few days. Better than never walking again from GBS.

That's very rare.

You an anti-vaxxer, bro?
Immune systems are also destroyed. Says so on the package inserts.

Kids are vaccinated. Deeply opposed to over vaccination. When growing up, we got 3 shots. Today, kids get 72. It's the ONLY industry you cannot turn around and sue the manufacturer. However, in the mid-80's, The government set up a vaccine court where over $4.4 Billion has been paid out and that's with less than 1% reporting.

The first time I took the flu shot (around 2012) I got sick as a dog. Probably the worst illness I've ever endured. I was out of commission for about three weeks.

But I've had the shot every year since then and I really haven't gotten sick all those years. Looking forward to getting it again this year.

Because that gives me a 50% chance of not getting it. I'd prefer to not get sick if possible.

My only concern is that is seems I'm now being tailed.
Yeah, but you already have a 50/50 chance of getting the flu. You either do or don't. So why take the vaccine if you still end up with 50/50? Seems pointless.

Yeah, but you already have a 50/50 chance of getting the flu. You either do or don't. So why take the vaccine if you still end up with 50/50? Seems pointless.

No, you don't already have a 50/50 chance of catching the flu. Half the country does not get the flu every year.

What the flu shot does do is give you is a 50/50 chance of not getting sick if you're EXPOSED to the flu, which helps prevent viral shedding, which helps keep others from getting sick.

And if you do develop symptoms, they're supposedly less severe if you've had the shot.

According to the experts, anyway.

Reactions: goldmom
Links given here, but since it's a CDC page I'm sure some of you will disregard it and the linked studies.

Reactions: Moral and Wendy79
He got you
3QIB3YQ4F5BSVCZUWE5Y3RFOD4.jpg

Why take the risk if t's only 50% effective in any given season?
I know you are Republican so you only think about your self and this may be a tough concept for you to grasp. It’s not for you, it’s for the at risk population who you don’t want to contribute the spread to. But go ahead and be a selfish jerk and only think of yourself like you and the rest of the idiots.

I know you are Republican so you only think about your self and this may be a tough concept for you to grasp. It’s not for you, it’s for the at risk population who you don’t want to contribute the spread to. But go ahead and be a selfish jerk and only think of yourself like you and the rest of the idiots.

50% of our population does not get a flu shot. They must all be selfish Republicans, right?

Trying to paint the anti-vaxxer freaks as just Republicans is dumb. I can say with absolute fact that anti-vaxxers span the political spectrum.

You don't know squat. Not a Rep.

Maybe your selfish jerk. Maybe your immune system is destroyed from over vaccinating. That's your problem. If you're at risk, walk around in your oven mitts, beekeeper's mask and Michelin Man suit. Don't push your views on everyone else.

Last edited:
Links given here, but since it's a CDC page I'm sure some of you will disregard it and the linked studies.

Kudos for the link. I'm not going to open all of them. Can you link the study? I'm curious as to who paid for it.

The first time I took the flu shot (around 2012) I got sick as a dog. Probably the worst illness I've ever endured. I was out of commission for about three weeks.

But I've had the shot every year since then and I really haven't gotten sick all those years. Looking forward to getting it again this year.
Let's ask the obvious. After being side-lined on your 1st shot, what compelled you to give it another go? 3 weeks? I wouldn't go near it ever.

No, you don't already have a 50/50 chance of catching the flu. Half the country does not get the flu every year.

What the flu shot does do is give you is a 50/50 chance of not getting sick if you're EXPOSED to the flu, which helps prevent viral shedding, which helps keep others from getting sick.

And if you do develop symptoms, they're supposedly less severe if you've had the shot.

According to the experts, anyway.
It's simple math. You have two outcomes. Getting flu; not getting flu. That's 50/50. Don't overthink it.

ADVERTISEMENT