ADVERTISEMENT

Focus Shift

dbleagle1

HR All-State
Oct 18, 2014
I would love to see that Iowa kid who just committed to Alabama disappear from this board permanently. There are some kids who just signed that I am pretty excited about. First, Marco Lainez I feel is in a great situation. He can learn from Cade the next couple of years before taking over. What a great situation. He can move, seems to be a total team player, good arm and just seems like a winner. I am pretty excited about him. Trevor Lauck seems pretty good also and is a 4 star. In reading about him, he seems to have a mean streak that many HS tackles don't have..........plus, there are a number of other players who look to be good players (the WR from KC for example). At the end of the day, they want to be in IC that is what really matters.......congrats to all of them!!

I would love to see that Iowa kid who just committed to Alabama disappear from this board permanently. There are some kids who just signed that I am pretty excited about. First, Marco Lainez I feel is in a great situation. He can learn from Cade the next couple of years before taking over. What a great situation. He can move, seems to be a total team player, good arm and just seems like a winner. I am pretty excited about him. Trevor Lauck seems pretty good also and is a 4 star. In reading about him, he seems to have a mean streak that many HS tackles don't have..........plus, there are a number of other players who look to be good players (the WR from KC for example). At the end of the day, they want to be in IC that is what really matters.......congrats to all of them!!
Very well said and done ✔️ great post!

Great thread. Why would we sell the farm now.

As for what the offense is doing, if they do nothing else I think Labas will make things look very much better.

McNamara, two, possibly three future NFL tights, at least one future NFL back and the best defensive coaches in the country. We'll see who gets the last laugh.​

I love the signees. Some fantastic talent in there, 3 star or not. Obviously Lauck is 4 but man he's good and definitely going to be great. I'm even impressed with the preferred walk ons. Some are going to play and make a difference. Tatw looks like a superstar to me. Lauck looks like he's got a nasty streak! I love it. And our first 2 portals are amazing. Can't wait to see the bowl game and then the next portal session! Go Hawkeyes! Great thread op!

Laucks highlights would definitely indicate a nasty streak!

I am excited about this guy.........and he is proud to be in IC. He is 6'6" and if you watch the video at the end of the article, he seems to move really well, good feet, plus, if you watch, he finishes everything........Lastly, the majority of B1G teams offered this kid, including Michigan and Ohio State.

Last edited:
I am excited about this guy.........and he is proud to be in IC. He is 6'6" and if you watch the video at the end of the article, he seems to move really well, good feet, plus, if you watch, he finishes everything........Lastly, the majority of B1G teams offered this kid, including Michigan and Ohio State.

Well hopefully he can stay healthy. We’ve had some O lineman with good tapes recently and in the past who hasn’t or couldn’t stay healthy.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I am excited about this guy.........and he is proud to be in IC. He is 6'6" and if you watch the video at the end of the article, he seems to move really well........

I'm already saying he'll have a chance at 1st round draft pick. I know it's early but his athletic ability is off the charts
Well hopefully he can stay healthy. We’ve had some O lineman with good tapes recently and in the past who hasn’t or couldn’t stay healthy.
This kid is athletic, mean, and gifted. I think 25 pounds from being a 5 star. The way he attacks blocking reminds me of Gallery.

Agreed OP. I am done worrying about KP. He made his choice and it is done. I don't wish him ill will but am not going to root for him either.

Iowa has a nice class without him and hopefully this season put a fire in the bellies of some people.

I'm already saying he'll have a chance at 1st round draft pick. I know it's early but his athletic ability is off the charts

This kid is athletic, mean, and gifted. I think 25 pounds from being a 5 star. The way he attacks blocking reminds me of Gallery.
I much prefer lineman who come in and need to add a few college weight room pounds rather than the high school kid who is already at NFL weights. No matter how good the high school strength and conditioning is I doubt all of that is good weight.

Just heard from co-worker from SEP that their house is on the market and mom is quitting her job, that is not what NIL should be about at all

I much prefer lineman who come in and need to add a few college weight room pounds rather than the high school kid who is already at NFL weights. No matter how good the high school strength and conditioning is I doubt all of that is good weight.
I agree 100% and Lauck has the frame and base to add quality weight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT