ADVERTISEMENT

Following NFL Cuts and Trades today

If you want, below is the link to NFL cuts and trades today. Need to be down to 53 players by 4pm today.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-news-roundup-latest-league-updates-from-tuesday-aug-29
Should at least bump the active rosters up to 60.

A. that would help to alleviate overpaid players

B. that would help to add more depth to rosters so you could sub more guys to keep certain positions "fresher", but also not be entirely f***ed in the event of worst-case scenarios.

Reactions: littlez

B. that would help to add more depth to rosters so you could sub more guys to keep certain positions "fresher", but also not be entirely f***ed in the event of worst-case scenarios.
They'll add another 3 unrestricted slots to the practice squad first. Easier to stash and lowball players that way.

They would rather raise the practice squad limit than roster. Practice squad does not count toward the 3 years in NFL to qualify for their pension.

Being on the practice squad does not count towards credited seasons. Therefore, players on the practice squad will not be eligible for a pension unless they are activated and play in at least three regular-season games.

Another reason teams prefer to expand practice squads:

Practice squad players make $12k per week or $216k per season.

Active players have a $750k minimum.

I'm glad the practice squad size has been growing in recent years. I've always found the NFL lack of a development league or office to be odd. These guys get cut and then go back to their local high school and lift weights. That can't be good for the health of the league. I'm surprised there isn't an NFL version of extended spring training or the Arizona Fall League where all the marginal guys have somewhere central to train and eat correctly.

Last edited:
Ojemudia, Wade both waived by Chicago.
Ike Boettger done at Buffalo.
Seth Benson waived by Denver

He sure did and has been playing for a couple of years.
He has good hands based on his beautiful pick 6 against Nebby in 2015 and I think he had at least one or two more dropping off into coverage on a blitz package. Not bad for a DEnd

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT