ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Following the future

Apr 8, 2003
Following the future
Blair Sanderson | Editor

mj8ywaym5yf72i2ytfdd

Jack Nunge had 32 points and 14 rebounds in his final high school game Saturday.

In our following the future update, we take a look at how Iowa's commits are doing on the court this season, get up to date on their stats, and much more.

Class of 2017

Jack Nunge did everything he could, finishing with 32 points and 14 rebounds on Saturday, but saw his Castle team lose to Ben Davis 74-71 on a three-pointer at the buzzer in the state semifinals. Nunge finishes his senior season averaging 22.8 points, 11.6 rebounds, and 3.6 blocked shots per game for Castle (24-4).

Luka Garza earned MVP honors in the Crab Ball Classic as he finished with 27 points and 13 rebounds in leading his D.C. team to a 126-114 win over Baltimore. Garza finished his high school season averaging 24.5 points and 13.0 rebounds per game for Maret (26-5).

Connor McCaffery finished his senior year averaging 19.6 points per game for Iowa City West (23-3).

Incoming walk-on Austin Ash finished the season averaging 24.1 points per game and shot 41.1% from three-point range for Mount Vernon (17-6).

Class of 2018

Joe Wieskamp finished his junior season averaging 30.4 points and 10.2 rebounds per game for Muscatine (15-7).

Class of 2019

Patrick McCaffery finished his sophomore year averaging 13.8 points per game for Iowa City West (23-3).

Make sure to visit the Hawkeye Lounge for the latest on Iowa basketball recruiting and join us again next week for another following the future update.

I think Nunge will be the best player in this coming class. He's got a pretty three point shot, can dribble drive, and is very long. He's a stretch 4 or possibly a stretch 5, a la Kaminsky, if he puts on some weight. Nunge played against basically a D1 small forward with good handles and can pass. His name is Aaron Henry and he basically played point guard in the half court offense. He repeatedly got around Nunge for layups but Nunge didn't have any help defense either. I don't think Nunge will be a bad defensive player when he gets to Iowa. He won't be pulled away from the basket as often and the help defense should be better. I looked up Aaron Henry because I was impressed and look at that, Iowa has shown interest. Henry looks like a guy that can initiate the half court offense with the dribble drive and finish or pass it off. Something Iowa really needs.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...terest-ben-davis-aaron-henry-rising/83929108/

Henry said he allows his coaches and parents to handle his recruitment at this point. He already has an offer from IUPUI and took a visit to Indiana State during the season. Big Ten programs Iowa and Michigan State have shown some early interest, as well as Detroit and Oakland.

Reactions: nu2u
Aaron Henry also has offers from Ball State, Bradley, Indiana State, Milwaukee, Toledo, and Northern Kentucky. He's a Class of 2018 prospect.

Aaron Henry also has offers from Ball State, Bradley, Indiana State, Milwaukee, Toledo, and Northern Kentucky. He's a Class of 2018 prospect.

I should be join the Iowa recruiting staff; ) Apparently, Aaron Henry got better offers. He just commited to Michigan St. Damn, Fran should have offered him. He punished Nunge in that game. That dude is a tremendous passer/decision maker. He's going to be a thorn in Iowa's side.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/63e676a8...5c2c3d4/ss_michigan-state-lands-5th-2018.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT