ADVERTISEMENT

Fools gold..

jonesy5960

HB Legend
Sep 6, 2012
Just as feared, that 40 point outburst was a function of playing a bad team vs any real competence on the offensive side of the ball. The Iowa offense netted 23 yards and 1 first down on their last 5 possessions. Two first downs inside the 5 without a touchdown. Couldn't manage just 2 first downs to put the game away. The oline and Cade are just bad, bad, bad.

Just brutal brutal offense for another year.

There was a slant Iowa ran and the ISU lineman jumped and the pass from Cade almost hit the ISU DL in the balls. With Kaleb running like he did, there should have been some open receivers and some semblance of a passing game. Cade looked like crap in passing game, and he doesn't bring a lot more than Deacon Hill as far as running the ball.

Just as feared, that 40 point outburst was a function of playing a bad team vs any real competence on the offensive side of the ball. The Iowa offense netted 23 yards and 1 first down on their last 5 possessions. Two first downs inside the 5 without a touchdown. Couldn't manage just 2 first downs to put the game away. The oline and Cade are just bad, bad, bad.

Just brutal brutal offense for another year.
From a coaching standpoint- they should have removed every single Offensive coach from that shit show last year, but Beth could only do so much….

I am kind of wondering if JVZ’s performance last week was deceiving as well, he seemed to struggle against physical Clown DBs. Gill is the real deal, but where the hell was Brown? It probably didn’t matter anyway - Cade could not hit shit…

There was a slant Iowa ran and the ISU lineman jumped and the pass from Cade almost hit the ISU DL in the balls. With Kaleb running like he did, there should have been some open receivers and some semblance of a passing game. Cade looked like crap in passing game, and he doesn't bring a lot more than Deacon Hill as far as running the ball.

That slant throw hit the ISU guy's shoulder, but not even the outside of it. The inside of it near his armpit and chest. I couldn't believe how low that throw was when I saw that. It had zero chance of ever making it to the WR.

Reactions: MitchLL
Cade is scared to run...and the ISU Defensive Co-ordinator spotted it on those early 1st & Goals. He told his DB's, "no reason at all to come off your assignment to stop a QB scramble." Thus Hawk receivers covered like paint the whole game.
Exactly!

I don't understand why we aren't running Cade some. The QB draw would've went big. In the end this season is like every other season. We win as many games as Parker can get us.

The OL is better and KJ is a top-quality back.
The receivers are meh.
The D is still good but got torched on two plays that contributed largely to the loss.
As usual, our coaching and QB play are just plain awful.

Unfortunately, Cade isn't getting benched.

Too much NIL invested and would make certain coaches look bad that recruited him.

Pretty remarkable how lousy Hawkeye QBs have generally been.
Cade is a professional football player and should be treated as such. Kirk should not be sacrificing wins for the sake of hurting someone’s feelings.

Reactions: MitchLL
Those of us that pointed out Cade's flaws after last week were roundly criticized. They were on full display today. He's not the answer.
I was one of those. I thought Cade looked decent last week under the circumstances and wanted to believe he would continue to improve, both with his skills and his physical ability, but I was absolutely wrong. In fact, I said Sullivan should have started the second half yesterday. It's clear to me now that those who criticized Cade were absolutely right. I have no problem admitting that. The facts are clear.

For Iowa to salvage this season, Sullivan must become the starting QB, but we all know KF. Hell, he even said again yesterday he never even tought about trying Sullivan vs. Iowa State. KF has to go. That's just as clear as Sullivan has to be the QB.

I admire Cade for trying to fight his way back, but his injuries have proven too much to overcome. It's a shame, but that's the reality. Who will tell KF? Are you out there, Beth?

Reactions: drew_hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT