ADVERTISEMENT

Football Parents Going To B1G HQ Friday

Such a Gen Z thing, have mommy and daddy go complain for me.

are they going to do that when their child gets let go from their first post college job too?

stop treating 18-22 year olds as kids.

:rolleyes:

are they going to do that when their child gets let go from their first post college job too?

If 1000 Big Ten football players showed up, it might affect change. Rev up the team buses and charter planes and get them there!

Then let them play and if they want to sign a waiver or opt out let them. Ya know...the adult thing.

Or

We could treat them like kids and call off their season with no input or transparency.

If 1000 Big Ten football players showed up, it might affect change. Rev up the team buses and charter planes and get them there!

and let QCHawks pick up the tab

Maybe if people had actually listened to the players when they spoke up instead of dismissing them as "kids", the parents wouldn't need to say anything.

They deserve explanations. However, I don't think they will find their answers satisfactory. I also don't think their presence will change the league's decision.

They deserve explanations. However, I don't think they will find their answers satisfactory. I also don't think their presence will change the league's decision.

Warren needs to resign or be relieved of his duties with how he has handled this. Add in he has a son at Miss State that will be playing football. If it is not safe for the players of the B1G to play, why is it safe for him to play? Such a double standard. And not a B1G guy.

Reactions: pmtdc

These college athletes work their asses off, regardless of sport. They will be just fine when it comes to working in the "real" world. There is nothing wrong with the parents of college students being their advocates.

Reactions: pmtdc
Warren needs to resign or be relieved of his duties with how he has handled this. Add in he has a son at Miss State that will be playing football. If it is not safe for the players of the B1G to play, why is it safe for him to play? Such a double standard. And not a B1G guy.
I am not impressed with his communication on this issue, its lacking.

He is in a no-win situation with the public when it comes to his son.

If his son decides to play, he will be deemed by many to be a hypocrite.
If he prohibits him from playing (and his son decides to sit), he will be regarded by many as an overbearing parent of an adult son.

His son is an adult and should be able to make his own decision. Warren has two distinct and separate roles - B10 Commissioner and parent. As a parent, the proper way to handle this IMO would be to discuss the risks and rewards privately but ultimately let my son decide for himself.

I personally don't see anything hypocritical about taking a strong public stand against something (drugs, associations, e.g.) then permitting your adult son to make up his own mind. There is no double standard IMO. There is one standard and a recognition that others (including an adult son or daughter) may disagree and decide otherwise (even if the parent has strongly counseled against it).

Two months ago, Warren started a "voter registration initiative" for his student athletes. The goals were to "empower the athletes" "promote transparency" and "give them a voice" - (direct quotes)

Their voices are important to him regarding political agenda, but all those principles are thrown out the window when it comes to playing football.

What a shithead - the athletes deserve better.

I admire the parents for fighting for a season but they're not gonna get too far - supposedly Warren still lives in MN and hasn't even moved to Chicago since being hired.

It is astounding to me that there has been this much outcry and the leadership who made this decision is basically reacting by saying "let's just ignore everyone and hope they go away."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT