ADVERTISEMENT

For me, it has been Bobby, John and Kirk ....

cidsports

HB King

I have always loved this folk song.
So, I would say, I will look for the good, in this young team. And, the good news.

Like my love for Hawkeye Football, beginning with Bob Commings, then Hayden Fry and now, Kirk Ferentz, this has become a competitive program, which we should be grateful for.

Only three programs are undefeated right now, and each have won all their Big Ten games played: Ohio State, Cincinnati and UTSA. If Iowa had any of their schedules in 2021, we quite possibly would remain 10-2 or better, as well.

There is plenty to be thankful and grateful for throughout 2021.
Firstly, 12 games and being back in Kinnick Stadium for the season.

As the Christmas songs share already, "great joy" can be found. But, this is Thanksgiving week. Let the Christmas cheer arrive on Sunday, with the beginning of Advent and hopefully news the Hawkeyes are 10-2 and heading to Indianapolis. It is still possible, but we cannot control.

We enter the final week of the regular college football season, the Hawkeyes have a great opportunity to close out 10-2, finish 3-1 in trophy games, 7-2 in conference games.

We are fortunate to have a grounded coach, who is a good ambassador for College Dean of the sport, in his 23rd season at Iowa.

Hopefully, the Hawkeyes are trending upward, as compared to their opponent, the Huskers, who will debut a new quarterback.

And, our adventure continues, into Week 13. Wow, the 2021 season has zipped by, I would suggest.

The 2013 season ended with a W in Lincoln. Now, if Minnesota can take care of business, maybe we can talk 2002, and we all remember the game never scheduled that season, when Iowa and Ohio State both finished 8-0

Well, the next two games didn't turn out Iowa's way, but that's football. Young, not 100% healthy team wasn't disciplined enough, and the play of two opponents shouldn't be discounted in the West.

For now, we just have this memory to draw on for Hawkeye Football in Indy.

On Iowa!

Reactions: KatoHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News