ADVERTISEMENT

? For Republicans, what would it take for you to vote Biden?

What would it take for you to vote for Biden?

• Total voters
The only thing I know for certain is that I'm not voting for Trump under any circumstances. I haven't decided yet if I can hold my nose long enough to vote for Biden. I'd like to see him in a 90-minute debate to see how well he can think on his feet. He has said a lot of head-scratching things in recent months that Democrats want to dismiss as stuttering, but they're not stuttering.

Registered Republican here. Would never vote for Biden...or Trump for that matter. Voted for Gary Johnson in 2016. Obama before that. This year it's probably Kanye or writing in my wife's name just for some bonus points at home.
I've said it on here over and over, until we get a viable third party were in trouble as a country.
Trump is better than Biden in my opinion. If that's the point of this. If people REALLY believe Biden is a good choice to run this country were in big trouble.

Not to mention if you watch the famous video of Biden behind that little girl in the black shirt and red skirt I think, you can really see him pinch her chest. Its really disturbing.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
The only thing I know for certain is that I'm not voting for Trump under any circumstances. I haven't decided yet if I can hold my nose long enough to vote for Biden. I'd like to see him in a 90-minute debate to see how well he can think on his feet. He has said a lot of head-scratching things in recent months that Democrats want to dismiss as stuttering, but they're not stuttering.
What's wrong with Trump? edit I mean I've seen you criticize him a few times on here but what's your main issue?

Last edited:
What's wrong with Trump?
Almost everything. I have despised him since the early 80s when I first started seeing him on tv. The only thing he ever talked about in interviews was how much money he had and how hot his wife was. He is the antithesis of almost every value and personal creed in which I believe.

I grew up in the heartland with a strong work ethic. Trump personifies every conceivable negative stereotype about slimy New Yorkers. He doesn’t represent the Republican Party that I grew up with and voted with my entire adult life.

When he’s gone I hope the party can somehow remove the stain he leaves behind, but I’m not very confident about that.

Last edited:
Almost everything. I have despised him since the early 80s when I first started seeing him on tv. The only thing he ever talked about in interviews was how much money he had and how hot his wife was. He is the antithesis of almost every value and personal creed in which I believe.

I grew up in the heartland with a strong work ethic. Trump personifies every conceivable negative stereotype about slimy New Yorkers. He doesn’t represent the Republican Party that I grew up with and voted with my entire adult life.

When he’s gone I hope the party can somehow remove the stain he leaves behind, but I’m not very confident about that.
Thanks for your answer it helps me understand why I like trump so much because it gets me thinking about certain things from a,different point of view. When I moved away from Ottumwa, I moved to Upstate New York. I was there during the height of trump and his Antics and I liked him. I think he is third party and not GOP, so I don't think he can stain in the GOP from outside. And I never really cared about his women around him. I was interested in his real estate and business deals , which I think is why I like him now , he runs the country like a real estate deal which i am okay with.

If you think you are voting for those things if you vote for Biden, you are crazy. I would personally love it if we defunded the police but Biden ain’t touching that.
Better hope there's some tough social workers then. By the i have some nice seaside properties to sell you over in Marshalltown.

Better hope there's some tough social workers then. By the i have some nice seaside properties to sell you over in Marshalltown.
The system is broken but go ahead and keep on glorifying the cops and enabling a broken system. This is just one example.

Would you vote for the murder of innocent children? That is the single most important issue in any and all elections. Taxes, deficit, budget, social security, rioting, and any other issue pales in comparison to murdering babies.
If I thought it was murdering babies I don't know if wouldn't just vote against it.

Reactions: Moral
Would you vote for the murder of innocent children? That is the single most important issue in any and all elections. Taxes, deficit, budget, social security, rioting, and any other issue pales in comparison to murdering babies.

So instead of voting for the lifelong Catholic, you suck the ^*^+ of a guy who self-funded dozens of them with his various mistresses.

That’s some good thinking there Lou.

Change his fiscal policies and view on abortion... and I’d vote for him in a heartbeat. That wasn’t a poll option though.

No it wouldn’t. Stop lying. Trump, OAN, and Fox News could turn their sights on Ronald Reagan and you’d fall in line.

This is why a more insightful question would ask what it would take for independents to vote for Biden (or Trump). Here is a rough facsimile of eligible voters in the US:

20% would vote for Charles Manson if he were the Republican candidate.
20% would vote for Charles Manson if he were the Democratic candidate.
40% won't vote.
20% doesn't care about party and tries to pick what they believe to be the best candidate.

This last group decides all elections.

Reactions: WapelloHawk
So instead of voting for the lifelong Catholic, you suck the ^*^+ of a guy who self-funded dozens of them with his various mistresses.

there is a double standard for sure. we shall overlook trump and all his women. because of the economics. we shall not overlook biden and his hair sniffing. and we cannot overlook his economics. see the difference? probably not.

I don't know how you vote for higher tax ,defunding the police, letting criminals out of jail , not punishing rioters , sanctuary cities, no borders, 3rd trimester abortion, and green new deal and free health care and free college.
I’d vote for any and all of that if it got rid of Trump. Nothing Biden can do will be worse than Trump. Nothing

Registered Republican here. Would never vote for Biden...or Trump for that matter. Voted for Gary Johnson in 2016. Obama before that. This year it's probably Kanye or writing in my wife's name just for some bonus points at home.
I've said it on here over and over, until we get a viable third party were in trouble as a country.
Trump is better than Biden in my opinion. If that's the point of this. If people REALLY believe Biden is a good choice to run this country were in big trouble.

A non-exhaustive list of people I believe are a better choice than Donald Trump to run the country:

1. Joe Biden
  2. Kamala Harris
  3. Gary Johnson
  4. Jo Jorgensen
  5. Kanye West
  6. My three year old daughter
  7. My seven year old son
  8. My ten year old dog
  9. The corpse of George HW Bush
  10. An animatronic tree
  11. Billy Bob Thornton
  12. Jared from Subway

Yeah. Biden is not all there.

Is the lifelong Catholic pro abortion? Also look at my history. I appreciate Trump policy most of the time but hes a piece of shit human being that doesnt get my vote either. This countries system is broken.

Not 👏 The 👏 Year 👏 For 👏 That 👏
Sure it is. Just as it is any other year. Both parties always make the claim it isn't the year for that.

If Biden were to get enough in his entire party to support term limits for all of Congress and make it a priority to pass term limits within his first 90 days in office, then I will vote for him.

Sure it is. Just as it is any other year. Both parties always make the claim it isn't the year for that.

If Biden were to get enough in his entire party to support term limits for all of Congress and make it a priority to pass term limits within his first 90 days in office, then I will vote for him.

Only problem with term limits is they get paid for life. Which is ****ing ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT