ADVERTISEMENT

For those so devoid of taste they don't like QC style, an interesting new pizza place in the Quads...

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Is opening where Crust used to be. Hopefully its pizza is better than that limp-crusted, taste-challenged crap at Crust:

Mio Russo Sicilian Bar+Table

614a4f9f7ceeb.image.jpg

Michael Dewitte, owner of Foundry Food+Tap and Terraza Modern Mexican, is set to open a new restaurant in Bettendorf.
Mio Russo Sicilian Bar+Table, 2561 E 53rd St., is moving into the former site of Crust Stone Oven Pizza, serving New York and Detroit-style pizza.

DeWitte said the restaurant was set to open in mid-to-late October. The space has been completely remodeled, which pushed the opening date back from early September.

The restaurant’s signature foods will include the two styles of pizza and Italian beef sandwiches. Some recipes come from Italian restaurants his family owned in the 1950s and 60s, DeWitte said.
"We're looking forward to serving the Bettendorf area," DeWitte said.

Does Harris still do the "half bakes" where I could go pick it up, drive back to DM, and bake it fresh?

Good luck to that place.

They sure do. Frank's in Silvis (which is better than Harris, IMO) also does this.
Oddly enough the last time I went to visit my father we were talking about that place. Is it true they are the ones,Frank's, that use the original Harris recipe?

I had a pizza from Gunchies 2 weeks ago. Better than Harris IMO.

Oddly enough the last time I went to visit my father we were talking about that place. Is it true they are the ones,Frank's, that use the original Harris recipe?
That is a matter of dispute. Frank's fans say Frank's invented QC style, Harris fans say it was Harris.

I believe both opened sometime in the late 50s/early 60s.

Hey Torbs, pregame drinks on me if you meet me at one of the b10 games with a few take and bakes. I'll pay for the pizza also obviously.
You going to Colorado State? We will be tailgating by the old Roosevelt school. I'd be happy to bring a couple pies up for someone on HROT who actually has good taste in pizza. :)

That is a matter of dispute. Frank's fans say Frank's invented QC style, Harris fans say it was Harris.

I believe both opened sometime in the late 50s/early 60s.
I'm going to give you the final vote as a QC pizza expert and long time HroT poster.

Gun to your head, what's the real story?

I'm going to give you the final vote as a QC pizza expert and long time HroT poster.

Gun to your head, what's the real story?
Me? I'm a Frank's guy. I find Harris to be inconsistent and too greasy. My current FAVORITE favorite, though, is Uncle Bill's on East Locust. They have spicier sauce, which I like.

You going to Colorado State? We will be tailgating by the old Roosevelt school. I'd be happy to bring a couple pies up for someone on HROT who actually has good taste in pizza. :)
I'm still debating it. Likely no but I have not been to a game yet this year. I have soccer in altoona at 9am and 11 am so if I leave right after the game I could MAYBEEEE make it for kick.(but I will have just played 180 minutes of soccer) I'm going to make it up to a game for sure soon though. Just a couple of weeks ago I put two and two together that the little dude "joe" I would hang out with when I went and visited my dad was Joe Conklin so he and I have reconnected on Facebook and I want to go hang out with him pregame this year.

/csb

Reactions: torbee
I'm still debating it. Likely no but I have not been to a game yet this year. I have soccer in altoona at 9am and 11 am so if I leave right after the game I could MAYBEEEE make it for kick.(but I will have just played 180 minutes of soccer) I'm going to make it up to a game for sure soon though. Just a couple of weeks ago I put two and two together that the little dude "joe" I would hang out with when I went and visited my dad was Joe Conklin so he and I have reconnected on Facebook and I want to go hang out with him pregame this year.

/csb
Give me a head's up and I'll be happy to do a tradeoff. Maybe you can get me some good brews from a brewery in the DSM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT