ADVERTISEMENT

For those who have had a vasectomy

Carolina Hawk

HR Legend
Sep 27, 2001
Duck, North Carolina
How many days past the procedure were you feeling normal and pain free? How many days past the procedure could you have gone on a pretty difficult hike? Asking for a friend

How many days past the procedure were you feeling normal and pain free? How many days past the procedure could you have gone on a pretty difficult hike? Asking for a friend
I had it on a Friday, worked half a day on Monday and felt pretty much normal by Wednesday. I would not take a hike for a week if it were me.

They say 24/48 hours after the procedure, but I was feeling some tenderness for about 7-10 days. A hike would have probably inflamed them to the size of grapefruits but I'm a puss so don't take my advice.

On a semi-related note. I've dropped two "samples" off to the lab. Both came back negative. Got the results back and they want me to to again. 3 times?!?!? Granted its less painful than dealing with a pregnant wife and an infant but come on!! 3 times?!?!? Hopefully this is the last time. I'm starting to learn the ladies names at the lab. That shouldn't happen.

Reactions: INXS83
It would depend on how long of a hike and what kind of shape you are in. If it's something you can easily handle pre-vasectomy, then I'd wait at least 3-4 days.

I had mine on a Friday. Pretty much laid on the couch all weekend and was back to normal Monday. I wouldn't do anything strenuous the first couple of days after. And as Fred mentioned, dropping off the samples are the worst. Those ladies know what you've done. Especially in a small town where you know most of them.

No and no. I guess the only reason I can think of to be happy you didn't have it done is because you wanted (more) kids.

I hope I did not offend you. My wife and I had some problems around the time I planned to have it done. I may want kids some day and she decided she did not. We were having problems then, so she got fixed and I did not. Just in case we split up I could still have children.

Reactions: millah_22

Haha! Asking for a friend.

For me, I felt pretty normal the next day.

I could've done a hike in maybe 3 days.

The whole thing was a piece of cake.

Tell "your friend" that it probably wouldn't be smart to go hiking for a week or so. Might be OK sooner than that. But you can rush things, and pain aside, you don't want the stitches to pull out. My former BIL went bowling the night he had procedure done and ended up bleeding all over his pants and the alley. Not cool.

Had mine on a Friday afternoon, decided to go to the State Fair that evening and watch a concert. I was hurting a lot that evening so I ended up pretty much sitting on the couch the rest of the weekend, frozen peas were my friend. Felt about 95% normal by that next Monday, but like you've seen in this thread, everyone has different reactions and recovery times.

I hope I did not offend you. My wife and I had some problems around the time I planned to have it done. I may want kids some day and she decided she did not. We were having problems then, so she got fixed and I did not. Just in case we split up I could still have children.

tumblr_lvov0vJPZY1r4mur8o1_400.gif

You'll want to save the operation for the days of a multi day sporting event. I went with the NFL Draft. I know some go with The Master's or opening weekend of March Madness.

As far as your original question. I wouldn't plan on going on a hike within the first week. You can irritate the area. My 1 year old daughter stepped on my balls on the 2nd day and they expanded to literally the size of golf balls.

Being you would be even worse than having his married life.
I had fresh seafood for lunch and saw the ocean and mountains to the east and west as I drove around the city today. Yeah, my life suck
Being you would be even worse than having his married life.
As I drove around this city today with my windows down, I saw mountains to the East and West, the ocean, had fresh seafood for lunch, and plan to drink world class beers and barbecue with friends all weekend. But yes, I'm sure my life pales in comparison to yours! LOL

I had fresh seafood for lunch and saw the ocean and mountains to the east and west as I drove around the city today. Yeah, my life suck

As I drove around this city today with my windows down, I saw mountains to the East and West, the ocean, had fresh seafood for lunch, and plan to drink world class beers and barbecue with friends all weekend. But yes, I'm sure my life pales in comparison to yours! LOL
Huh

As I drove around this city today with my windows down, I saw mountains to the East and West, the ocean, had fresh seafood for lunch, and plan to drink world class beers and barbecue with friends all weekend. But yes, I'm sure my life pales in comparion to yours! LOL
Wow, don't have to much fun this weekend. Lol

Didn't know they had mountains or the ocean in Davenport.

Good job mutilating the quote function. You should've just left the first post as is since you ended it accurately. You derive so much of your self worth just from the city you live in. That is pathetic. You also have the need to be a troll on here for years showing that you are a very insecure person. But hey, you live in Seattle so that makes everything else not matter.

Good job mutilating the quote function. You should've just left the first post as is since you ended it accurately. You derive so much of your self worth just from the city you live in. That is pathetic. You also have the need to be a troll on here for years showing that you are a very insecure person. But hey, you live in Seattle so that makes everything else not matter.
I would say the insecure person is the poster that's tailed me on here for years trying to insult me in jealous fits of rage.

And living here speaks volumes for the type of person I am. Just curious-how many miles away are you from your home town/in laws/parents?

I would say the insecure person is the poster that's tailed me on here for years trying to insult me in jealous fits of rage.

And living here speaks volumes for the type of person I am. Just curious-how many miles away are you from your home town/in laws/parents?

As compared to you keeping records on many posters so you can bring up their shortcomings randomly? LOL. Oh yeah, I forgot you will just say that you have a great memory when people call you out on that. Sure thing stevie boy.

How does living in Seattle speak volumes for who you are? A city doesn't make a person any better or worse. BTW I live about 160 miles from my hometown, parents, and in laws. Which is the closest I've been since high school. What's the magic acceptable number for living near your hometown? When you visit Iowa do you rip on your friends for still living there like you do on here?

If you really were like this, which you're not. Then, daddy never taught you respect. And you're a parent, this scares me. World class scary situation we have here.

As compared to you keeping records on many posters so you can bring up their shortcomings randomly? LOL. Oh yeah, I forgot you will just say that you have a great memory when people call you out on that. Sure thing stevie boy.

How does living in Seattle speak volumes for who you are? A city doesn't make a person any better or worse. BTW I live about 160 miles from my hometown, parents, and in laws. Which is the closest I've been since high school. What's the magic acceptable number for living near your hometown? When you visit Iowa do you rip on your friends for still living there like you do on here?
Steven had the classic qualities of someone who was picked on in High School. So much anger in him still, so he has to make sure people know how awesome he is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT