ADVERTISEMENT

For You Anti-Vaxxers...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
https://keysnews.com

Today in Keys History
1865: The ship "Adventure" arrived in Key West in distress. Four of her crew were sick with yellow fever and sent to the Marine Hospital for treatment. The fever spread to the Army troops on the island and began an epidemic that caused 331 case with 71 deaths among the troops and an unknown number of case among the civilian population.

Reactions: bojihawk44
Do we have any anti-vaxxers on here? I am convinced the only reason we have anti-vaxers in the first place is because vaccines have been so successful that most people in America today have never seen the horrible diseases that we vaccinate against nor realize the horrible amount of death they used to cause prior to vaccines.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/one-vaccinated-one-not-smallpox/

Do we have any anti-vaxxers on here? I am convinced the only reason we have anti-vaxers in the first place is because vaccines have been so successful that most people in America today have never seen the horrible diseases that we vaccinate against nor realize the horrible amount of death they used to cause prior to vaccines.

There's someone who tried convincing us that vaccines are the root of all evil.

I think he was a flat-earther as well.

I'm not necessarily an anti-vaxxer, but can we trust 100% that everything in them is what they say it is? Is it something else?

I'm not necessarily an anti-vaxxer, but can we trust 100% that everything in them is what they say it is? Is it something else?

Generally I trust the consensus of medical professionals. Given how life expectancy has increased quite substantially under their watch and the number of people dying young of disease has plummeted, I think they have done enough to earn our trust.

A: Yes

B: In contrast, the "supplements" industry has no such legal requirements. But the same granola anti-vaxxers crowd seems to love that shit.

It's funny to me that a conservative who seems to think that not even nursing homes need oversight and regulation suddenly doesn't trust vaccines.

"Nursing homes would never neglect their patients to make a higher profit margin."

"I don't trust doctors. . . they might put poison in the vaccines and kill me just for the LULZ" "You know despite the fact that doctors can't make any money off of me if I'm dead. I'm sure they kill people or shorten their lives for the LULZ."

I think I have less respect for anti vaxxer guy than I do 9/11 was a government conspiracy guy. Hard to be dumber than that but anti vaxxer pulls it off.

It's not just the stupidity of it. . . it's the effect it has on society. For all the silly conspiracy theories and ideas out there. Anti-Vaxxerism is quite possibly the most harmful one to society.

Shoot 9/11 was a government conspiracy guys don't get people killed.

It's not just the stupidity of it. . . it's the effect it has on society. For all the silly conspiracy theories and ideas out there. Anti-Vaxxerism is quite possibly the most harmful one to society.

Shoot 9/11 was a government conspiracy guys don't get people killed.
I’m not usually for govt intervention and telling people what to do, but maybe it’s time we consider this mandatory. It’s for the good of society.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I’m not usually for govt intervention and telling people what to do, but maybe it’s time we consider this mandatory. It’s for the good of society.

I'm fairly close to that point. I would be more towards having communities at least 10 miles from any other communities in which anti-vaxxers may live but may not leave without health checks.

I don't believe they should be attending school with my children.

I’m the same but I would lump these turds with terrorist. IMO this is a national security issue not a government telling us what to do issue. And one thing I get behind with our government is them protecting me from the enemy of the people.

All of the anti-vaxxers I know, are so because of their kids having autism and being told vaccines may have "caused" it. I have empathy for families dealing with this challenge.

I wish we could find out what actually causes autism so that it wouldn't be blamed on vaccines any longer. I'm not saying that is the vaccine industry's job, I'm just saying I wish it would happen. Autism sucks.

very few people are dangerous than these idiots. Most are on the left also

Reactions: BrianNole09
All of the anti-vaxxers I know, are so because of their kids having autism and being told vaccines may have "caused" it. I have empathy for families dealing with this challenge.

I wish we could find out what actually causes autism so that it wouldn't be blamed on vaccines any longer. I'm not saying that is the vaccine industry's job, I'm just saying I wish it would happen. Autism sucks.

I have 2 kids on the spectrum. It wasn't vaccines. Besides even if it was I'd rather have them have autism them smallpox or something like that.

Quite frankly my wife and I think it might be genetics with us.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
https://keysnews.com

Today in Keys History
1865: The ship "Adventure" arrived in Key West in distress. Four of her crew were sick with yellow fever and sent to the Marine Hospital for treatment. The fever spread to the Army troops on the island and began an epidemic that caused 331 case with 71 deaths among the troops and an unknown number of case among the civilian population.
The vaccine against yellow fever was developed in the 30's. It is also one of those diseases that is spread by mosquitos.

I have 2 kids on the spectrum. It wasn't vaccines. Besides even if it was I'd rather have them have autism them smallpox or something like that.
Just curious why you said "even if it was"? That would be strange language to use if you were 100% certain it wasn't. I agree, just curious.

Just curious why you said "even if it was"? That would be strange language to use if you were 100% certain it wasn't. I agree, just curious.

No I'm 100% confident that vaccines did not cause it.

Mostly I say that because I find the reasoning to be ridiculous to begin with.

Say you do believe that vaccines increase your child's risk to get autism. They also drastically decrease by a much larger margin their likelyhood of contracting a deadly disease.

So in order to argue against vaccines you not only have to believe that they cause autism. . . but you also have to believe that smallpox, measels, and other diseases are better fate then autism.

I also find it highly interesting that I've never heard the anti-vaxxers address the second part. I've never heard one argue that getting these diseases are a better fate then autism.

The belief that it causes autism is simple mis information that you see all the time for all sorts of conspiracy theories.

But the thing that really brings this home is the fact that because we as a population have almost no experience with these diseases since we've vaccinated them away is the clear lack of understanding at how bad these diseases really where in the first place!!!

Say you do believe that vaccines increase your child's risk to get autism. They also drastically decrease by a much larger margin their likelyhood of contracting a deadly disease.

So in order to argue against vaccines you not only have to believe that they cause autism. . . but you also have to believe that smallpox, measels, and other diseases are better fate then autism.

I also find it highly interesting that I've never heard the anti-vaxxers address the second part. I've never heard one argue that getting these diseases are a better fate then autism.

The belief that it causes autism is simple mis information that you see all the time for all sorts of conspiracy theories.

But the thing that really brings this home is the fact that because we as a population have almost no experience with these diseases since we've vaccinated them away is the clear lack of understanding at how bad these diseases really where in the first place!!!

They say getting the disease naturally is better for future immunity. Never mind that recent research has shown measles "erases" immunity (so if you get chicken pox, you're not likely to get it again because your body makes antibodies against the virus...but measles can come along and your body stops making antibodies against chicken pox).

Interesting how the foreign students in my classes were all about vaccines because they all knew multiple people who died from vaccine preventable diseases.

They say getting the disease naturally is better for future immunity. Never mind that recent research has shown measles "erases" immunity (so if you get chicken pox, you're not likely to get it again because your body makes antibodies against the virus...but measles can come along and your body stops making antibodies against chicken pox).

Interesting how the foreign students in my classes were all about vaccines because they all knew multiple people who died from vaccine preventable diseases.

Yeah well 30% of the people who get small pox die from it.

Pretty sure your odds with the vaccine are much better.

Reactions: Wendy79
Yeah well 30% of the people who get small pox die from it.

Pretty sure your odds with the vaccine are much better.

Oh, I totally agree. They focus on the number of deaths, but there are many complications of "simple" diseases. Sorry, little boy, you will be sterile because you got mumps.

Oh, I totally agree. They focus on the number of deaths, but there are many complications of "simple" diseases. Sorry, little boy, you will be sterile because you got mumps.
Oh, no! I didn't know this was a side effect. I actually had the mumps on both sides (not sure if I was vaxed for mumps, I had all the others)... Could I be sterile and I don't know because it doesn't matter?

Oh, no! I didn't know this was a side effect. I actually had the mumps on both sides (not sure if I was vaxed for mumps, I had all the others)... Could I be sterile and I don't know because it doesn't matter?

Considering that it doesn't matter you could be sterile for any reason and not know it. You can only know you are not sterile by either getting tested or conceiving a child.

I'm old enough to remember the fear of polio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT