ADVERTISEMENT

Former Hawkeye Commit Leaves Michigan (with brother)

No reason to believe there is any smoke here and among the last things we need is more LBs, but I'd take a 2 for 1 to get a 4* DT if we had to. BVS was athletic enough maybe he could find a home at TE, or if nothing else be a special teams contributor.

Wasn't he the late diamond in the ruff we tried to get...if I remember right the dude was jacked

He had a lot of MAC offers I believe when he committed to Iowa. Michigan came in very late and left for the home state school. Think we got Seth Benson then as his replacement.

He played some running back and fullback at Michigan as well. 6'2" 252, big boy

usatsi_12529358_168388427_lowres.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
If he would have stayed with Iowa good chance he could've been seeing some PT next year even starting as will be the case with Benson.

I don't care if we have enough backers. If I'm Iowa, I'm turning up the heat to get both these guys. You find a spot for both.

No reason to believe there is any smoke here and among the last things we need is more LBs, but I'd take a 2 for 1 to get a 4* DT if we had to. BVS was athletic enough maybe he could find a home at TE, or if nothing else be a special teams contributor.
At Michigan Ben has played on both Offense and Defense the last year it was defense. I believe early on he played running back. I don't remember when he originally committed to Iowa what position they were recruiting him for.

At Michigan Ben has played on both Offense and Defense the last year it was defense. I believe early on he played running back. I don't remember when he originally committed to Iowa what position they were recruiting him for.
LB

Easy there Benny Boy! 😂 You’re from Essexville,Mi! sugar beat, soybean & corn farms & a cement plant... please stop! 😂 I know what happened here, his team mates saw that video and laughed him right into transfer portal.. LOL Now with that being said, the kid is a football player and can play multiple positions well. and most likely has the work ethic of someone who pulls double shifts at all those places his little town is known for... where ever he lands gets a good football player & from watching that video I guess a comedian too.. lol

Watched the video. I just don't see him as a Kirk Ferentz type of player from the personality stand point. Watching his video reminds me of a line I heard from the movie "We were soldiers". "Look at that other fellow over there, the big strong one, he wants to win medals".

Doesn't look like Ben has a terribly long wingspan. Doesn't matter what he benches if he doesn't have the length to disengage from blocks. I can see why Michigan initially like him more at FB.

I've never understood going for muscle mass to that extent. Unless you're a bodybuilder in competition, the bigger you get, the more you lose in cardio, flexibility, speed and quickness. It's pure image and ego. He could probably drop 25 pounds of muscle and be a much better football player.
I think he is far more concerned with his weight lifting than being a football player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT