ADVERTISEMENT

Former Hawkeye Commit Leaves Michigan (with brother)

"We chasing records, if you don't like it close out the video." Okay, Ben I do not like Douche Bags, so I closed it out. If this guy learned the humble approach he might make it in the League, but right now he appears uncoachable. I remember Tony Mandarich was a weight room legend.

That’s exactly what I thought...if you don’t like the video, click. Boji nailed it...that was cringy AF.

I've never understood going for muscle mass to that extent. Unless you're a bodybuilder in competition, the bigger you get, the more you lose in cardio, flexibility, speed and quickness. It's pure image and ego. He could probably drop 25 pounds of muscle and be a much better football player.
Not true. You can get quicker, faster, better cardio, all while gaining muscle

Not true. You can get quicker, faster, better cardio, all while gaining muscle

That much muscle? Absolutely not. And cardio is largely the enemy of mass as substantial as BVS’s. Those muscles require a ton of oxygen under stress. And the more muscle he puts on, the more his heart is taxed to maintain his endurance. This is why marathon runners and cyclists, while shredded, are rail thin. It’s the most efficient body type for long lasting, high output.

Last edited:
I was very happy he committed awhile ago, just watched the video. Oh man... he is something. Please don’t be a hawk. Crazy what a video shows.

That much muscle? Absolutely not. And cardio is largely the enemy of mass as substantial as BVS’s. Those muscles require a ton of oxygen under stress. And the more muscle he puts on, the more his heart is taxed to maintain his endurance. This is why marathon runners and cyclists, while shredded, are rail thin. It’s the most efficient body type for long lasting, high output.
It’s also because marathon and distance runners elevate their cortisol levels by running distance. It basically makes them more feminine. Sprinters are more well muscled. Terrell owens was jacked and fast. Many marathon runners would qualify as skinny fat

Reactions: HawkCapt1912
It’s also because marathon and distance runners elevate their cortisol levels by running distance. It basically makes them more feminine. Sprinters are more well muscled. Terrell owens was jacked and fast. Many marathon runners would qualify as skinny fat

T.O. is an inch taller than BVS and was 30 pounds lighter in his playing days. I stand my my original point. BVS is bulking his way out of his peak athleticism. Across the board.

Poser. Every gym I've belonged to has a few.... a single minded focus to achieve size. Getting a pump is an ego and energy boost and to be honest, I chased that when I was his age also. It can be addictive and an obesession. Some take it to extremes and eventually get involved with anabolic steroids to get even bigger. I bet he could be a beast at fullback.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
With that last name and that personality, I'm SHOCKED he isn't from the western side of Michigan. Probably family was, at one time.

Cortisol levels really have little to do as it relates to making an individual "more feminine." Cortisol is released as part of your fight/flight response ... and it is also a general stress-response hormone too. Long distance runners who do a good job of managing inflammation don't have any higher of cortisol levels than anyone else.

However, you'll still see the rail-thin body type for distance runners ... irrespective of how they manage inflammation. Thus, this strongly suggests that what we see is largely independent of cortisol.

Distance-runner body types likely arise more due to the nature on how they train their metabolism to work.

Cortisol levels really have little to do as it relates to making an individual "more feminine." Cortisol is released as part of your fight/flight response ... and it is also a general stress-response hormone too. Long distance runners who do a good job of managing inflammation don't have any higher of cortisol levels than anyone else.

However, you'll still see the rail-thin body type for distance runners ... irrespective of how they manage inflammation. Thus, this strongly suggests that what we see is largely independent of cortisol.

Distance-runner body types likely arise more due to the nature on how they train their metabolism to work.
The cortisol is more about their A1C levels looking pre diabetic. Just sprint people. Look up the benefits of sprinting versus distance.

With that last name and that personality, I'm SHOCKED he isn't from the western side of Michigan. Probably family was, at one time.

Please explain. Is there really that big a difference in people from one side of the state versus the other? It's not that wide of a state!

Please explain. Is there really that big a difference in people from one side of the state versus the other? It's not that wide of a state!
Old school, old money Dutch Reformed church-going side of the state. Think Northwest Iowa. Orange City with more money. His last name (VanAnything) is Dutch. Lots of shallowness, vanity, and douche-baggery. To their credit, they’re old school (see Peter Meijer, Fred Upton, Justin Amash, etc.), so not the insane types like in Western and rural Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT