ADVERTISEMENT

Former KIMT anchor Jodi Huisentruit disappearence update

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
MASON CITY, Iowa (KIMT) —

Former KIMT anchor Jodi Huisentruit disappeared June 27, 1995, and it is a day Kevin Hook remembers well.

“When I was younger, I lived by Harding Elementary School, and I would ride my bike to the park a lot,” Hook said. “My mom, for the longest time, would freak out and said I should never ride my bike near the apartments where she was abducted.”

The Mason City Police Department continues to follow up on leads in the case.

jodi-1-1521406882.jpg

KIMT News 3 learned that within the past year, Mason City police requested a search warrant of two vehicles.

Those vehicles belong to Arthur “John” Vansice.

According to online court documents, police requested in March 2017 GPS data for a 1999 Honda Civic and 2013 GMC 1500, which is giving hope to Hook.

jodi-2-1521406892.jpg

“Just being an open case for so long I, think it would be very good to know what happened, what her last hours, days, were like,” he said.

Mason City Police Chief Jeff Brinkley said he can't discuss why the two vehicles are important to the case or details about the search warrant.

“There’s investigative integrity that we are looking to preserve,” Brinkley said. “I’m not going to talk about the technology that we use to do this kind of stuff.”

jodi-3-1521406902.jpg

But he does want the public to know they aren’t done searching.

“We are going to continue to use all of the resources at our disposal and the disposal of other agencies that we have been working with since day one,” Brinkley said. “I think at some point, someday, it will pay off and we will clear the case.”

http://www.kcci.com/article/police-obtain-search-warrant-in-missing-news-anchor-case/19472930

Without sounding like a smart ass, I assume she is still unaccounted for? As are the 2 paper carriers from DSM.....
Shit like this mystifies me. Those lads have been “missing without a trace” since the early 80’s....1982 for Gosch and 1984 for the Walker boy.
How can that happen?

Without sounding like a smart ass, I assume she is still unaccounted for? As are the 2 paper carriers from DSM.....
Shit like this mystifies me. Those lads have been “missing without a trace” since the early 80’s....1982 for Gosch and 1984 for the Walker boy.
How can that happen?
johnny gosch was supposedly seen since in Omaha and supposedly he went by his mom's house one time to tell her he's fine but there is no way of proving it

CSB:

I met her the weekend before she disappeared at The Vine in IC. One of my buddies recognized her and she started chatting with us. Even got her phone number that night.

When the news hit that she had disappeared, I was in Mpls working at a contractor site for a few days and when I got back later in the week, I had 2 or 3 frantic messages from my buddies asking me if I heard the news and....."uh.....where ARE you man!?"

It was kind of surreal that someone you just met and enjoyed having a few beers with had been abducted and disappeared. At the time, everyone hoped she'd just taken off on a romantic trip or something, but that hope faded pretty quickly. Then, the rumor was that she was in some grain elevator and would be discovered when all the grain was removed....

Shit....22 years later and still nuthin.

CSB:

I met her the weekend before she disappeared at The Vine in IC. One of my buddies recognized her and she started chatting with us. Even got her phone number that night.

When the news hit that she had disappeared, I was in Mpls working at a contractor site for a few days and when I got back later in the week, I had 2 or 3 frantic messages from my buddies asking me if I heard the news and....."uh.....where ARE you man!?"

It was kind of surreal that someone you just met and enjoyed having a few beers with had been abducted and disappeared. At the time, everyone hoped she'd just taken off on a romantic trip or something, but that hope faded pretty quickly. Then, the rumor was that she was in some grain elevator and would be discovered when all the grain was removed....

was she hawt in person?

CSB:

I could see you being a serial killer.

I always thought it was Vansice, he quickly moved to Arizona and was the last person to see her alive.

Last edited:
How can that happen?
Walker = Eugene Martin or is there one I am forgetting/don't know?

Reactions: Pepperman
there were a lot of serial killers roaming the Midwest at the time however usually they picked up hitch hikers. this one has the feel of a boyfriend or stalker

Reactions: Gimmered
CSB:

Reactions: Joes Place
Walker = Eugene Martin or is there one I am forgetting/don't know?

There was a third one that nobody seems to remember, Marc Allen. Circumstances were a little different in that he wasn't delivering papers when he disappeared, but he was a DM Register paper boy.

https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/marc-allen/

Edit: I guess he wasn't a paper boy, but was about the same age and disappeared about the same time as the other 2 boys.

There was a third one that nobody seems to remember, Marc Allen. Circumstances were a little different in that he wasn't delivering papers when he disappeared, but he was a DM Register paper boy.

https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/marc-allen/

Edit: I guess he wasn't a paper boy, but was about the same age and disappeared about the same time as the other 2 boys.
I was thinking there was one north like spencer or somewhere. ft dodge maybe. marshalltown. I can't remember.

CSB:

Hmmmm... very interesting.

I've always thought it was someone that knew her pretty well. Someone that knew her routine, and where she lived. Someone that she might have initially gone somewhere with willingly.

I always thought it was Vansice, he quickly moved to Arizona and was the last person to see her alive.

Didn’t he pass a polygraph? Or was it inconclusive? If he is innocent why would he stick around town if everyone thought you were guilty? Hope they solve these crimes. Is there any statute of limitations for murder?

Didn’t he pass a polygraph? Or was it inconclusive? If he is innocent why would he stick around town if everyone thought you were guilty? Hope they solve these crimes. Is there any statute of limitations for murder?
Polygraph doesn't even hold water in court, and Vansice sounds like a stalker. MCPD has always been very close vested in releasing information, so this is pretty big.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Some day, they'll till a farm field or dig up a ditch to lay some fiber in it, some house will get sold and the basement is dug up...something like these - and come across her bones.

Reactions: BrianNole09
CSB:

I know literally nothing about this case, but she probably met a serial killer in a bar and he killed her and hid the body.

It was probably the same exact scenario as with you except the guy was a serial killer (and probably smarter and better looking than you, Joe ;))

I know literally nothing about this case, but she probably met a serial killer in a bar and he killed her and hid the body.

It was probably the same exact scenario as with you except the guy was a serial killer (and probably smarter and better looking than you, Joe ;))
it is part of iowa folklore. she really had a Minnesota type accent cause she was wayyyy northern iowa. maybe even born in Minnesota if I recall. the whole thing did not seem like a random kill by a serial killer. it seemed more like an obsessed guy who did it.

Actually think it was in Des Moines near the fairgrounds. IIRC not far from where Eugene Martin was abducted. I think he was taking a shortcut on a dirt road through a wooded area when the spidey senses told him to run from some dirty dude in a beater car?
possibly. I was thinking it was like marshalltown or Grinnell who knows. anything north of Oskaloosa is way out of my territory.

I actually had some weird person pull up next to me around 1977 or so, walking home from school at night after sports, luckily something spooked him and he took off

johnny gosch was supposedly seen since in Omaha and supposedly he went by his mom's house one time to tell her he's fine but there is no way of proving it
If you haven't read it, read about The Franklin Cover Up or The Franklin Scandal. One of the abused kids in there said he was there whene Gosch was abducted. It is a disturbing story and cover up of child abuse involving Boys Town in Omaha and alot of influential people. Too much smoke in it for at least some of it not to be true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT