ADVERTISEMENT

Former Players v. Football Program *** Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I'd call that harrassment though. For what its worth AC was on the leadership council, so I really doubt it was held against him. Maybe Doyle would have told Monty P. to trim that mullet as well. I think some people are just more sensitive to such things, and obviously they weren't forced to do anything.

Seems like most of the complaints are from players on that 2015 team. All players in the lawsuit were on that team with the exception of Brandon Simon and Javon Foy. Doyle may have dropped the hammer at a certain point, maybe after the ill-fated 2014 season. Daniels and Johnson were also on that team. The whispers on social media started with Mitchel and Joly. Something about not being able to attend a funeral? There seemed to be a lot of bad blood. I am 99% certain Mitchell would be included if he were still alive.

Seems like most of the complaints are from players on that 2015 team. All players in the lawsuit were on that team with the exception of Brandon Simon and Javon Foy. Doyle may have dropped the hammer at a certain point, maybe after the ill-fated 2014 season. Daniels and Johnson were also on that team. The whispers on social media started with Mitchel and Joly. Something about not being able to attend a funeral? There seemed to be a lot of bad blood. I am 99% certain Mitchell would be included if he were still alive.
FWIW Joly gets HAMMERED on twitter by former teammates whenever he brings up his time at Iowa. He obviously didn't have a good experience but it seems that at least some of it may have been self inflicted.

Excellent points Jupiter.......

Any decisions made to settle or not will most certainly not be made by KF, ZERO chance. He's not even the main defendent, and none of this will be up to him.
Just my outside non-legal opinion, but I don't think the coaches can settle. If they do, it will be hard for them to be employed anywhere ever again. Doyle is basically unemployable now. I'm not getting into whether or not that should be the case, pretty much everyone has made up their minds already on that topic.

Seems as if the Iowa staff as part of the suit have to take this the whole way if they want to continue to coach in college.

Just my outside non-legal opinion, but I don't think the coaches can settle. If they do, it will be hard for them to be employed anywhere ever again. Doyle is basically unemployable now. I'm not getting into whether or not that should be the case, pretty much everyone has made up their minds already on that topic.

Seems as if the Iowa staff as part of the suit have to take this the whole way if they want to continue to coach in college.
I don't want to see any settlement. Drag it out forever for all I care. Just don't let these grievance culture hacks get a penny because they failed at life. These kids need to pull up their big boy pants and deal with it instead of trying to blame the University or coaches for their problems.

I see The Gazette is back to providing free public relations for the prosecution. Johnathan Parker now claiming B. Ferentz was throwing around the N word like candy and that KF had it our for him since day 1. And yet despite that you stuck around for four years and graduated. Sure buddy.
Doesn't seem particularly credible. Everything I've ever heard about guys like Chris and Brian is that they could be ass-hole dicks. Some of their comments certainly could be perceived as racially insensitive. However, I've never heard anything about them throwing around racial epithets - they're inconsiderate dicks ... but they're not purposefully racist or stupid.

As for some issues about some black players feeling like there was a double-standard ... that's often going to be the case when you have enforced standards on a group. It's standard culture vs counter-culture clashes. It's not racism. Shit ... when I was younger ... I experienced those same clashes.

Also, as far as I can tell ... most of the guys who are plaintiffs are guys who either were in the dog-house, were guys who were seemingly caught on the outside looking in, or guys who were dressed down in front of peers (and mortified and/or pissed off as a result).

Given the sheer number of guys who walk through the doors ... I don't doubt that many guys DID have bad experiences. I believe that better communication procedures in place would have rendered ALL of the issues moot.

Last edited:
Anybody have any information on the supposed recording from 2016 between Parker and KF? Hawkcentral referenced it today on social media, but I don't have a subscription. Figured it was click bait and no real information.

Anybody have any information on the supposed recording from 2016 between Parker and KF? Hawkcentral referenced it today on social media, but I don't have a subscription. Figured it was click bait and no real information.
Can't read it either but if the people that are commenting read the article some of the info is that:
Parker admittedly did a drill wrong, got yelled at by BF, then threw the ball at BF and told him to do the drill instead and then was called into the office by KF for punishment.
Local counsel for the Plaintiff's quit and apparently the lead counsel for the remaining plaintiffs misquoted David Porter.
Also, addition of Wallace was shot in the dark.

Reactions: Hawkatheart
Dsm register posted most of it today.

tape clearly showers Parker was an @ss at practice. Kirk calls out on his direct behavior and attitude. Gives him community service for it. Nothing about therapy mentioned. If anything, Kirk went light on him.

Article in today's DMR......
So he acts like a complete a$$ at practice & gets a few hours of community service......sounds pretty light to me. It says in the article the coaching staff made him feel unimportant which scared him. Are you f'en kidding me??!!! This lawsuit was a joke to begin with & has only gotten worse.

Can't read it either but if the people that are commenting read the article some of the info is that:
Parker admittedly did a drill wrong, got yelled at by BF, then threw the ball at BF and told him to do the drill instead and then was called into the office by KF for punishment.
Local counsel for the Plaintiff's quit and apparently the lead counsel for the remaining plaintiffs misquoted David Porter.
Did the plantiffs think leaking this recording helps them? It only hurts Parker. Shows KF to be very even-handed and more than fair to people. Many players, if you throw a ball at a coach you're gone, done.

So he acts like a complete a$$ at practice & gets a few hours of community service......sounds pretty light to me. It says in the article the coaching staff made him feel unimportant which scared him. Are you f'en kidding me??!!! This lawsuit was a joke to begin with & has only gotten worse.
SMH. If this lawsuit gains these plaintiffs anything I think it will open a big door for future suits towards anyone that ever has their feelings hurt. Nowadays, there are plenty of people that have their precious feelings hurt by just about everything.

I don't think they win in a trial...but with the track record of the U of I legal team...I am not confident that something gigantically stupid could not happen either. Stand strong U of I.

The best part is that Parker was admittedly doing the kick off return drill wrong, just a year after the TaxSlayer bowl..

Was he ever asked what they hell he was thinking on that play? An absolute all timer.

FRR-4dOXMAEDnxZ

Did the plantiffs think leaking this recording helps them? It only hurts Parker. Shows KF to be very even-handed and more than fair to people. Many players, if you throw a ball at a coach you're gone, done.
Did they leak it or did the defendants?

I’d have shit canned him from the team the second he threw the ball in that manner at the coach. Done and out.

I agree 100% with what Gene Stallings the old football coach recently answered regarding todays game. Spot on.

can BF sue JP for assault with a football, harassment, and racial insensitivity ?
I think that's a good call : You attempted to hurt/assault me when you threw the ball at me, you embarassed me in front of my peers and hurt my feelings, the only reason you threw the ball at me is because I'm white.

Kid should be suing his parents for torture and neglect if they made him grow up eating well done steak.

I don't want to see any settlement. Drag it out forever for all I care. Just don't let these grievance culture hacks get a penny because they failed at life. These kids need to pull up their big boy pants and deal with it instead of trying to blame the University or coaches for their problems.
Agree. Don’t give them a f&cking penny.

At some point doesn't a competent judge just throw this out?
I believe there is enough evidence for this to be a case. With it being a civil case though I also believe the Plaintiffs will have a difficult time showing the pattern of discrimination they are arguing. I also think that folks need to remember depositions go both ways. I have a feeling once some of these players give their depositions their attorneys will understand credibility will come into question and the case can start to crumble.

To me this comes down to how long do the Plaintiff Attorneys try and keep this in the spotlight while it’s impacts seem to be having less and less effectiveness. How long do they spend money before they pull the plug.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
The coaches made him feel unimportant? WTF?

How did this guy ever decide to play football in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT