ADVERTISEMENT

Foster to smu

I care. Kid is an Iowa kid and at least thought about going to Iowa. Thought he might fit in here too

Reactions: perryhawk
I feel for this kid and his situation….he has the physical tools and size to become a millionaire and live a good life…..but it feels like he’s walking along the edge of a cliff and just a step in the wrong direction and his life could take a very bad turn….I hope he gets his shit together and I hope the coaches at SMU are the type of people that understand the situation and will do everything they can to move him in the right direction.

I
I feel for this kid and his situation….he has the physical tools and size to become a millionaire and live a good life…..but it feels like he’s walking along the edge of a cliff and just a step in the wrong direction and his life could take a very bad turn….I hope he gets his shit together and I hope the coaches at SMU are the type of people that understand the situation and will do everything they can to move him in the right direction.
I feel for the woman not getting justice for her sexual assault

Meh..he choosing his path, that's on him and only him

If Foster were truly innocent, I would have liked McCaffery to reach out to him and bring him into the Hawkeye fold. The atmosphere in IC might be exactly what he needed to get him back on the right path and would have the added advantage as being a huge finger to little brother.

Boy, what happened to this guy? 3 years in and he still seems to be really struggling.

Don't want to rub it in any further, but I do think Xavier would be flourishing had he come to Iowa. Even if he was bust-ish, Fran would have found a way to maximize his potential (at least offensively).

Boy, what happened to this guy? 3 years in and he still seems to be really struggling.

Don't want to rub it in any further, but I do think Xavier would be flourishing had he come to Iowa. Even if he was bust-ish, Fran would have found a way to maximize his potential (at least offensively).

The kid had a rep of being lazy coming out of HS and we're seeing it play out. He didn't do anything at ISU and isn't doing anything at a lower level - he wouldn't have done anything here either. We should be glad we didn't use a scholarship on him.

Yeah. He seemed like he has the attributes to flourish in Fran's offense.

The kid had a rep of being lazy coming out of HS and we're seeing it play out. He didn't do anything at ISU and isn't doing anything at a lower level - he wouldn't have done anything here either. We should be glad we didn't use a scholarship on him.
It is wild to think that, over two seasons later, Josh Ogundele has been more productive in college than Xavier Foster. Granted, not by much.

DJ Carsten is another guy I think would have flourished under Fran’s tutelage. But teenage boys often don’t make wise decisions.
I don't think that applies to Carsten. His problems weren't basketball related. He was having a great freshman season at OSU before having some psychological issues that derailed him.

Reactions: IAGuy and HIWILLE
Wow, from a 5 star to a 4 star to mediocrity & trouble at ISU to abysmal so far at SMU.

The rumor around the IA program that I heard is that the Foster camp reached out to Fran after his freshman year at ISU and the sexual allegations and Fran rightly turned him down (apologies if somebody already made that comment, I didn't read through the entire thread).

The one and only game I watched him at ISU was against IA his freshman year and I thought he looked pretty good actually. I hope he gets it together at SMU and in life though. His parents seemed pretty straight up from the little I've seen of them.

I think we dodged a bullet guys. Nobody on here believed it at the time including me, but we are lucky he didn’t come here.

Reactions: skydog0784
It is straight up insane to think about how far apart Xavier and Josh were in recruiting and then look at their career numbers to this point. Especially considering Josh was our fallback recruit who likely didn’t have a commit-able offer until after Xavier picked ISU.

Xavier
#15 ranked center, #78 overall, committed to ISU 11/11/2019

9 games
61 total minutes
28 points
12 rebounds
2 blocks
1 assist
2 steals
4 turnovers

Josh
#75 ranked center, #424 overall, committed to Iowa 11/13/2019

30 games
144 total minutes
45 points
42 rebounds
6 blocks
3 assists
9 steals
11 turnovers

And 10 of Josh’s minutes were huge in the Big Ten championship game, a game we may not have been able to win without him. More important than any of Xavier’s career minutes.

Last edited:
His uncle called me and told me 6 weeks ago about him playing for SMU but I said nothing. Nice kid and was hoping to fish with the 3 of us at my place but never happened, YET anyway. Here’s Hoping he succeeds in his basketball career. 🍺

His uncle called me and told me 6 weeks ago about him playing for SMU but I said nothing. Nice kid and was hoping to fish with the 3 of us at my place but never happened, YET anyway. Here’s Hoping he succeeds in his basketball career. 🍺
He can't play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT