ADVERTISEMENT

Found a lost drone in my backyard - what do I do?

Feb 9, 2013
No name tag. Lights are blinking but looks sick.

Do I bring it inside and give it some new batteries? Don’t really want a camera or mic activated inside my house. Leave it outside and maybe it’ll fly off on its own?

Should I post some FOUND flyers around the neighborhood or in NextDoor?

What’s the protocol?

Do I bring it inside and give it some new batteries? Don’t really want a camera or mic activated inside my house. Leave it outside and maybe it’ll fly off on its own?

What’s the protocol?
Check over the drone very well if it's a decent one and not a toy. There should be a FAA registration number on the unit somewhere. Maybe pull the battery and look in that area. I think it's law that it has to be registered. I had mine in the battery compartment at first, but then they changed it had to be visible on the outside, so I moved it.

What’s the protocol?
Fire crackers

What’s the protocol?
Show the wife then Piitb.

TBW found one in our yard when I was out of town on business. It was in the middle of winter with snow on the ground. It was a larger more expensive one.
she ended up taking it to the police station. No idea what happened to it.

ADVERTISEMENT