ADVERTISEMENT

Found some new shoes...

CowboyUp61

HR MVP
May 22, 2016
Stillwater, OK
46492712_1601951529905792_1709026371080028160_o.jpg

Just think, some kid somewhere can have a new pair of shoes to be proud of-for only $25 per pair, including shipping. Don't make GG cut off my purchasing privileges-I can't resist these bargains! If you dont know, this is the address http://www.wrestlingforlife.org/index.php/donate

A Hawkeye Report friend sent us 35 pairs of new and gently used shoes yesterday and the best-known voice in wrestling sent a donation specifically to buy shoes. We have middle schools in Georgia, New Jersey, Florida and Iowa and a Beat the Streets chapter waiting for shoes (and headgear). We'll now be able to meet most of those needs, but the requests keep coming.

46492712_1601951529905792_1709026371080028160_o.jpg

Just think, some kid somewhere can have a new pair of shoes to be proud of-for only $25 per pair, including shipping. Don't make GG cut off my purchasing privileges-I can't resist these bargains! If you dont know, this is the address http://www.wrestlingforlife.org/index.php/donate
Damn, these pics of wrestling shoes always get me, as my poor little PayPal account slowly dribbles away.
Keep up the good work, guys!

Got the WFL Newsletter in the mail today and a thank you for the donation. Was reading about the need for wrestling shoes and how they have to limit to who and where they can donate them to because they cannot fill all the requests from all the middle schools.

They limit donations to middle schools where at least 50% of the student population recieves free or reduced luches and still cannot fulfill all of the requests.
35773849.jpg

Roughly 40% of ALL K-12 students in Iowa qualify for free and reduced lunch, and about 400 individual schools are over 50%. Not sure how many of those are middle schools, but it ends up being a lot of kids who could benefit from some shoes.

Got the WFL Newsletter in the mail today and a thank you for the donation. Was reading about the need for wrestling shoes and how they have to limit to who and where they can donate them to because they cannot fill all the requests from all the middle schools.

They limit donations to middle schools where at least 50% of the student population recieves free or reduced luches and still cannot fulfill all of the requests.
35773849.jpg

Reactions: HKI and CowboyUp61
by the way, thats my boy in the blue shirt in the avatar. He wrestles barefoot sometimes because I don't want to have to buy new shoes for him.

That Mudflap is a generous dude

Chief, knowing who GG was talking about, that threw me for a loop for a minute. Good one.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: IAChief32
How valuable is CowboyUp to Wrestling for Life? I got these 10 pairs of shoes a couple of days ago, along with the receipt. These are new, high quality shoes that he purchased for $536 less than list. That leaves money in the till to buy another 15-20 pairs. Thank you.

by the way, thats my boy in the blue shirt in the avatar. He wrestles barefoot sometimes because I don't want to have to buy new shoes for him.

Chief, knowing who GG was talking about, that threw me for a loop for a minute. Good one.:D

Good idea to dress him as you do your wife!;)

A Hawkeye Report friend sent us 35 pairs of new and gently used shoes yesterday and the best-known voice in wrestling sent a donation specifically to buy shoes. We have middle schools in Georgia, New Jersey, Florida and Iowa and a Beat the Streets chapter waiting for shoes (and headgear). We'll now be able to meet most of those needs, but the requests keep coming.

What a great way to help kids and grow the sport! One of the new 8U wrestlers on my team this year had been coming to practice in socks for the first month. I finally brought a pair of my son’s out-grown shoes and gave them to him at the start of practice. At the end of practice he tried to return them to me and I told him they were his now. The look on his face was like Christmas. I’m sure the kids in the states you support feel the same way as he did. What you guys are doing is awesome!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT