ADVERTISEMENT

Four children dead, two people injured in Mason City house fire

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
An early morning fire claimed the lives of four children and injured two Wednesday.

According to a release from the Mason City Fire Department, firefighters responded to a fire reported around 5 a.m. at a house located at 509 N. Washington Ave. When crews arrived, flames were visible on the first and second floors of the house.
The victims were listed as John Michael Mcluer, 12; Odin Thor Mcluer, 10; Drako Mcluer, 6; and Phenix Mcluer, 3.

John Michael Mcluer, 55, and Ravan Dawn Mcluer, 11, were treated at the hospital with burn injuries. Their conditions are not known.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the MCFD and the Mason City Police Department. A request for assistance from the Iowa State Fire Marshall has also been made. No foul play is suspected.

"John Michael Mcluer, 12; Odin Thor Mcluer, 10; Drako Mcluer, 6; and Phenix Mcluer, 3."

The parents really went off the child-naming deep end after the first kid.

RIP, but those are some dumbass names.

Reactions: cigaretteman
"John Michael Mcluer, 12; Odin Thor Mcluer, 10; Drako Mcluer, 6; and Phenix Mcluer, 3."

What value did this post provide? There's plenty of other threads here to be a petty dickhead in - this ain't one.

• Haha
Reactions: NDallasRuss

ex-brother-in-law named his son Justin Indiana (after Indiana Jones). Technically, I did something similar naming our oldest Elise Makenna after Elise McKenna played by Jane Seymore in Somewhere In Time, but no one would know that if I didn't point it out. I certainly didn't name my kiddo Luke Skywalker. Geesh.

What value did this post provide? There's plenty of other threads here to be a petty dickhead in - this ain't one.
You pretty new here?

All threads are fair game. I'm not bashing dead kids; I'm bashing their dumb ass parents that:
a) gave their kids stupid names based on movies that came out around the time each kid was born, and
b) probably left their Harry Potter incense warmer turned on too long, which overheated and caught their Avengers costumes on fire.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
You pretty new here?

All threads are fair game. I'm not bashing dead kids; I'm bashing their dumb ass parents that:
a) gave their kids stupid names based on movies that came out around the time each kid was born, and
b) probably left their Harry Potter incense warmer turned on too long, which overheated and caught their Avengers costumes on fire.
Like i said - be a prick elsewhere.

• Haha
Like i said - be a prick elsewhere.
Nah, I'm good here!

Maybe you quit white-knighting for Odin, Drako, and Phenix and their idiot parents. Unless you somehow know or are related to their parents or something, what you're really doing is basically message board "thoughts and prayers" - faux concern doesn't matter!

Nah, I'm good here!

Maybe you quit white-knighting for Odin, Drako, and Phenix and their idiot parents. Unless you somehow know or are related to their parents or something, what you're really doing is basically message board "thoughts and prayers" - faux concern doesn't matter!
No, you're a miserable ass who garners some odd self worth from insulting victims on a random forum.

No, you're a miserable ass who garners some odd self worth from insulting victims on a random forum.
And you're a self-righteous horse's rear that feels a need to insert yourself into things that don't require your insertion*.

*Unlike OP's mom who always requires insertion.

Seriously man, if you're not here for enjoyment and finding the lighter side of pretty much anything, then you may want to go find some more reputable quilting circle. And you should really figure there's a difference between making fun of stupid names and the stupider parents who gave them the names, and making fun of dead kids, otherwise you're never going to get it. In that case you're probably a huge Jim Gaffigan fan, whereas I'm more of an Anthony Jeselnik fan.

ADVERTISEMENT