ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ****Four-star OL Connor Colby commits to Iowa****

Apr 8, 2003
Four-star OL Connor Colby commits to Iowa

bvt4tdhll9udaaucsoef

Four-star offensive lineman Connor Colby committed to the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Blair Sanderson • HawkeyeReport
@BlairRIVALS

After traveling all over for camps this month, four-star offensive lineman Connor Colby decided there is no place like home. So the 6-foot-6, 275-pound Cedar Rapids native made the call tonight and committed to Iowa Hawkeyes.

"Nothing compared to Iowa," Colby told HawkeyeReport.com. "It felt like home from the first time I stepped foot on campus."

A four-star prospect in the Class of 2021, Colby chose the Hawkeyes over scholarship offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Minnesota, and Iowa State.

For Iowa, it was offensive line coach Tim Polasek that took the call on Friday night and received the commitment from the soon to be junior at Cedar Rapids Kennedy.

"I called Coach Polasek and gave him the good news," said Colby. "He kept yelling 'Oh my God' and was super excited."

Overall, Colby is commitment No. 2 for the Iowa coaching staff in the Class of 2021, joining Illinois offensive lineman Gennings Dunker.
See highlights from Colby's sophomore year at Cedar Rapids Kennedy in the video below.

Last edited:
Incredible! Way to go Conner!!! Welcome aboard, Always a Hawk!

Booooooooooooooom!!!

I hope this one is the spicy Robert Gallery flavor. Beatin’ the heads off of poor unsuspecting CBs and LBs.

This kid’s film is basically nothing but pancakes and if he wanted to extend his recruitment he’d get offered by about every blue blood in college football. Glad he’s staying home - huge get.

Kennedy plays some solid teams too. Not some 2A school with a bunch of 175lb DL he's pancaking. Love that he committed so early and he can get on a training program early.

Two very good looking tackle prospects to start out swarm21. Hope Mr. Rubley takes note, his blind side is well protected. Our 2020 class should be close to complete by the end of summer, then it's on to 2021. I have high hopes that 21 can be awfully good, even better than Swarm20 that is shaping up to be a very good class.

Reactions: millhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT