ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ****Four-star RB Jaziun Patterson commits to Iowa****

Same size as Wadley coming out of HS. How heavy do you think he'll play at? Sounds like he is more of a pounder but had some shimmy-shake in the camp drills.

totally-jazzed-stephen.gif

Welcome to the Hawkeye Family Jaziun, really glad to have you here!

Reactions: pink shizzle
"Snow? I’ve never seen it. But there’s a first time for everything. I have jackets for cold weather, so I’ll be good."

So is someone going to warn him, or are we just gonna let nature take its course?

Pretty sure that -30 actual air temp from Jan 2019 will never happen while Mr. Patterson resides in Ia City.

I am 58. It has gotten that cold here twice in my lifetime. Hope I don't see a third.
This is a mouthful. Below Hwy 30 our winters are usually fairly mild. We get a little snow that needs plowed and is a pain in the ass for a few days. So much can be done online there isn't always even a reason to leave the house when its really bad outside.

Whatever polar activity makes the upper Midwest so cold peters out roughly along Hwy 30. Iowa City even has better weather than Cow Town.

any thoughts if he could start as a true freshman? It is entirely possible that Goodson could leave after this season, and if so, there is not a ton of competition after Goodson to take over the Number 1 spot. if it is true that he is coming in January, he can get started on adding size and maybe be read to start by September 2022.

thoughts, anyone?

any thoughts if he could start as a true freshman? It is entirely possible that Goodson could leave after this season, and if so, there is not a ton of competition after Goodson to take over the Number 1 spot. if it is true that he is coming in January, he can get started on adding size and maybe be read to start by September 2022.

thoughts, anyone?
It’s possible, but the reports from the open practice were that the RBs may have been one of the deepest positions. If he plays as a TF, he’ll have earned it.

This is a mouthful. Below Hwy 30 our winters are usually fairly mild. We get a little snow that needs plowed and is a pain in the ass for a few days. So much can be done online there isn't always even a reason to leave the house when its really bad outside.

Whatever polar activity makes the upper Midwest so cold peters out roughly along Hwy 30. Iowa City even has better weather than Cow Town.

Yes but Ames has better water.

"Snow? I’ve never seen it. But there’s a first time for everything. I have jackets for cold weather, so I’ll be good."

So is someone going to warn him, or are we just gonna let nature take its course?
Lol boy oh boy he’s probably going to be shocked at the winter weather conditions.

His teammates will show him the way before he walks outside en route to class a January morning with his “jacket” on.

Lol boy oh boy he’s probably going to be shocked at the winter weather conditions.

His teammates will show him the way before he walks outside en route to class a January morning with his “jacket” on.
Now with NIL he'll be able to afford a winter coat and trips back to Florida every weekend.....

Not much of a “wow” factor to the highlight video above but this Patterson certainly gives good effort with the ball in his hands and fighting for the extra yard.

All I got.
He was playing 25+ over what he was playing his sophomore year, when he got all those offers. He’s cut that weight down, and he’s torn up multiple camps since then. This is a great addition for us.

Reactions: David1979

Felicia Goodson said the best advice to Southerners is, "Buy your warm clothes in Iowa, NOT a store in the South, because 'cold' in the South doesn't compute"

thoughts, anyone?
Wouldn't surprise me if staff already knows barring something happening that goodson is gone after this season and that might even been conveyed to jp (I'm sure they would've said the usual come and work hard and you could have a chance) because of the way jp said one of the reasons of Iowa being his choice is that he could play earlier then other places saying the rb room isn't as deep as others etc. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. Lol

Wouldn't surprise me if staff already knows barring something happening that goodson is gone after this season and that might even been conveyed to jp (I'm sure they would've said the usual come and work hard and you could have a chance) because of the way jp said one of the reasons of Iowa being his choice is that he could play earlier then other places saying the rb room isn't as deep as others etc. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. Lol

no, it sounds like you are reading it right. I would interpret it about that way also. I just was not aware of all that detail. (are you some kind of Hawkeye insider?)

Same size as Wadley coming out of HS. How heavy do you think he'll play at? Sounds like he is more of a pounder but had some shimmy-shake in the camp drills.
Not. Wadley was probably only 165 to 170 coming out of high school and didn't get to 190 until his last season. JP will probably come in around 185 and within a year he'll put on "good" weight with the program they set up for him even before he arrives, unlike the "bad" weight he put on during covid. By the end of his first year he'll most likely be at a good target weight of around 195-200lbs. Take a look at T Goodsons maturation and that was with a stunted training time last year.

thoughts, anyone?
Sounds like both Williams have looked very good in practice. He won't be handed the starters spot by default....

Sounds like both Williams have looked very good in practice. He won't be handed the starters spot by default....
Correct. No one is, and starting spots shouldn't be handed out that way. Iowa never has. But if you were a prospective RB, the Iowa depth chart would be appealing. If Goodson has a good year, he is likely gone. Which means the starting spot would be open to competition. And if you are a RB, that will be the case at any power conference school.

ADVERTISEMENT