ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ****Four-star RB Jaziun Patterson commits to Iowa****

Imagine making up easily debunked lies to slander a HS kid. His GPA is even higher than his teammate who just committed to Georgia Tech. #deleteyouraccount

Among the offensive prospects for the rising senior (2022) class include Jamaree Dukes (RB, 6-0, 210 – 2.6 GPA), solid and talented Aaron Hicks (OG, 6-2, 315 – 2.8 GPA), emerging standout Joseph Kennerly (WR, 5-9, 175, 3.2 GPA), impressive Jaziun Patterson (RB, 5-11, 190, - 2.9 GPA), Wilbert Phillips (OT, 6-5, 300 – 2.8 GPA), Kamari Philpart (WR, 6-3, 180 – 2.6 GPA), Jamari Pierre (OT, 6-4, 260 – 2.8 GPA), Ajani Robinson (OC, 6-3, 300 – 2.7 GPA) and receiver Sharrod Ryals (5-9, 160 – 2.7 GPA).
2.9 doesn't exactly scream this proves you wrong, and I'm on your side of this fight lol

2.9 doesn't exactly scream this proves you wrong, and I'm on your side of this fight lol

It does if you actually know what you're talking about.

The minimum GPA you can have and still be NCAA eligible for DI is a 2.3 GPA.

You realize it's solidly above the qualifying threshold and significantly higher than one of their current commits?

Before reading this article, I looked at his older clip on Hudl where he showed some special athleticism fir a sophomore. It’s apparent he lost a step when watching last year’s highlights. It made me think that perhaps he didn’t train during the pandemic, then I read his article (really well written btw) which confirmed he didn’t. If he works hard like he says he will, he has a bright future. Iowa got a great young man and RB.

if you haven’t done so, I advise everyone watching his older clip.

Welcome aboard. Work your ass off and enjoy the ride. You never really know who is going to just bust out. I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity.

You realize it's solidly above the qualifying threshold and significantly higher than one of their current commits?
Plus I read that he plans to enroll early

Thanks for the info

icegif-37.gif

Oh great another RB with only Mac offers.

Wait what the hell kind of list is this? Bama, Auburn, Penn State?!

The thing I like is his highlight reel is showing runs through the line not just play after play where a high school back out runs people to the edge and essentially gets into the end zone untouched. There are a bunch of yards after contact. I’ don’t claim to be an expert, but I like what I saw.

Bottom line is Kakert & KSU guys couldn’t possibly know what Deyo’s grades are as they don’t have access to that information. So being in the press makes it ok to speculate at every turn, especially about a kid’s academic standing? What they apparently did was try and make a justification for a kid not choosing the hawks.
People like Tom and KSU guys obviously have access and info to guys in the football departments. You don't think HS coaches who have access to the kids academic standings (GPA or SAT/ACT scores) tell colleges recruiting the kids where they stand grade wise? Especially the staff at Deyo's HS CB Lewis Central who have a history of dealing with D1 coaches being the same school as Max Duggan and Logan Jones. Most HS coaches are pretty transparent when it comes to stuff like grades and don't sugar coat it to lead college on and want to keep good relationships. So you don't think that info coaches get spreads to people in the football dept. which gets that info relayed to people running sites like Rivals ones such as Tom and KState guys who to no coincidence got the same info.

Last edited:
Big time get for Iowa. We had an awesome class in 21' but no disrespect to Devon Hilson but class 3 positions it was lacking in was DBs, TEs and RB. Why getting a player especially at Patterson's caliber is huge.

Not much of a “wow” factor to the highlight video above but this Patterson certainly gives good effort with the ball in his hands and fighting for the extra yard.

All I got.
He gained a lot of weight last year during the pandemic. He is back down to his playing weight in his sophomore year.

Last edited:
He gained a lot of weight last year during the pandemic. He is back down to his playing weight in his junior year.
I read that and saw others mention it.

As I noted in an earlier post, found and watched some of his Sophomore film - very solid highlights.

I read that and saw others mention it.

As I noted in an earlier post, found and watched some of his Sophomore film - very solid highlights.
The fact he played significantly during his Sophomore year at an 8A school in Florida. And that that high school has an extensive list of current NFL players as alumni speaks to his potential.

Yeah, FSU didn't make him a priority. Iowa made him THE priority once they offered.

It's probably already mentioned in this thread, but Jaziun played his junior season at 215 lbs because he got out of shape during COVID not being able to work out with his team. That's why his junior film looks different than his sophomore film, plus Deerfield Beach only got to play 5 games in 2020.

He's back down to 180 pounds now, like he was his sophomore year. The 5-10, 182 that we list him at was taken at the Rivals Camp this summer, so it's accurate and up to date.

Before reading this article, I looked at his older clip on Hudl where he showed some special athleticism fir a sophomore. It’s apparent he lost a step when watching last year’s highlights. It made me think that perhaps he didn’t train during the pandemic, then I read his article (really well written btw) which confirmed he didn’t. If he works hard like he says he will, he has a bright future. Iowa got a great young man and RB.

if you haven’t done so, I advise everyone watching his older clip.
I hadn't seen anybody else address this before your post. But they article he says he was up to 215 lb last year. He's listed at 180. He said he lost a bunch of weight because he didn't like the way he felt that heavy.

I like the fact that he can gain weight fairly easily so that should bode well for him when he gains weight the proper way at Iowa

I'm not finished with his highlights yet, but he looks like a high-floor player, who could play early. I think he is faster than he looks, kind of sneaky fast. And he's kind of a one-cut guy who gets up field and finishes strong - not particularly a speed guy, or shifty guy or power guy, but a little of all 3. And I think he has some ability to catch the ball (doesn't look like they threw to him a ton, though, so hard to be sure).

Floor is maybe Derrick Mitchell-ish? Realistic ceiling is maybe Albert Young-ish?

Edited to add: He ran harder as a Junior, but didn't look as quick. I saw he said he gained too much weight during lockdown and intends to be slimmed down this year, though. So, I think his Sophomore highlights (which prompted my Mitchell/Young comparison) might be more indicative of what kind of player he is.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT