ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Four-star safety Antonio Johnson visits Iowa

Apr 8, 2003
Four-star safety Antonio Johnson visits Iowa

nyh2dhmkb1iyc4zv8jno

Iowa assistant coach LeVar Woods with four-star safety Antonio Johnson.

Blair Sanderson • HawkeyeReport.com
@BlairRIVALS

Four-star safety Antonio Johnson had a chance to make his first visit to Iowa City this weekend. We caught up with the 6-foot-3, 180-pound East St. Louis native afterwards to get his thoughts on Iowa's junior day, where the Hawkeyes currently stand in his recruiting, and much more.

Q: Could you please take us through the junior day? What all did you get to see and do at Iowa?

JOHNSON: When we first got there, they took our measurements and right after that, we ate and they did a quick introduction of the coaches. We did a tour of the facilities, which included the player’s lounge room, indoor field, weight room, practice locker room, and meeting classrooms.

Q: What was the biggest highlight for you?

JOHNSON: To me, the highlight of the day was taking the pictures with my family and just enjoying the moment with them.

Q: Sitting down with the coaches, who did you talk with and what were those conversations like?

JOHNSON: I only got to speak with Coach Woods and Coach Parker. We were talking about a little bit of everything, not just football related. They were doing a good job of getting to know me and my family.

Q: Leaving Iowa City today, what’s your overall feeling on the Hawkeyes right now?

JOHNSON: My overall feeling about the Hawkeyes is they are really genuine people and they are looking for what’s best for me on and off the field.

Q: What’s next for you? Are there more visits coming up on the schedule?

JOHNSON: My next visit will be Texas A&M on the 20th and more after that, but the dates aren’t setup yet.

A four-star prospect, Johnson currently holds scholarship offers from Iowa, Michigan, Georgia, Nebraska, Penn State, Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Purdue, Illinois, Missouri, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Michigan State, Iowa State, Indiana, Western Michigan, and Toledo.

See highlights from Johnson's junior year at East St. Louis in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News