ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Four-star WR Jaevon McQuitty enjoys Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Four-star WR enjoys Iowa visit
Blair Sanderson | Editor

puvgdmeq36lugwa7x5fs

Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz with four-star wide receiver Jaevon McQuitty.

Four-star wide receiver Jaevon McQuitty had a chance to get back to Iowa City this past weekend for a junior day visit with the Hawkeyes. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound McQuitty’s last trip to Iowa was during the season last fall, before the Hawkeyes had offered a scholarship, so the junior day gave him a chance to reconnect with the Iowa coaching staff a little bit.

“It was great,” said McQuitty. “I had lots of fun.”

“I hung out with Coach (LeVar) Woods a lot and also the head coach, Kirk Ferentz,” he continued. “I feel at home at Iowa.”

McQuitty was one of several top recruits from the state of Missouri in town as he joined names such as Andrew Clair, Trevor Trout, Dallas Craddieth, and Kamryn Babb on Iowa’s visitors list.

“It was fun being with the Missouri group because I’m cool with all of those guys,” McQuitty said. “There was lots of laughing and jokes. It made the visit more fun.”

Currently, there are 11 teams that have offered McQuitty, including Iowa, Missouri, Michigan, Nebraska, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, and Maryland, among others. After seeing Iowa and Missouri in recent weeks, the four-star prospect has one more potential visit on his upcoming schedule.

“I think I’m going to Nebraska next week,” said McQuitty. “I just have to figure out my ride situation.”

As a junior, McQuitty caught 58 passes for 1,077 yards and 12 touchdowns at Battle High School in Columbia, MO.

See highlights from McQuitty’s junior year in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News