Votes: 40 19.5%
  • 2-2

Votes: 139 67.8%
  • 1-3

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 0-4

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
This is a tough 4 game stretch. Every game is winnable but every game is certainly losable. I think we win the 2 at home and lose 2 on the road

Reactions: perryhawk
After looking through the remaining schedule of other B1G teams, Iowa has the toughest stretch to finish the season. With that being said...4-0!

MSU is tough but has proven to be suspect to defeat, even in E. Lansing
Illinois is possibly the toughest remaining game, but they can be beaten.
PSU is going to be another tough contest but playing in Carver should help us.
Purdue played their best game of the year against us last time...revenge time.

Last edited:
I'd take 2-2 right now and be extremely happy with it. You can almost count on a spectacular Garza performance every game, then the rest of the guys just have to do their job and Iowa will be in it. When another player or two steps up and exceeds their normal performance, we are in great shape. Last night Pemsl/Bakari. Vs. Minnesota is was Kriener. Joe W. is due for at least one big game down the stretch..CJ as well.

I think there is a 1% chance of winning at MSU. Not because they are better necessarily but I anticipate Garza will get in some bogus foul trouble while on offense our guys will get mugged. Fran will get really, really mad at some point.

However, everything else about the season going forward I am feeling excited and optimistic.

Most likely win the two home games and drop both of the road.

This is what I expect.

I also expect bitching and moaning, we're weak, we suck, what could have been, not getting out of the first weekend, blah blah blah when they lose by 16 at MSU or 14 at IL.

Reactions: perryhawk
After looking through the remaining schedule of other B1G teams, Iowa has the toughest stretch to finish the season. With that being said...4-0!

That Rutgers schedule looks pretty rough.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
I'd take 2-2 right now and be extremely happy with it. You can almost count on a spectacular Garza performance every game, then the rest of the guys just have to do their job and Iowa will be in it. When another player or two steps up and exceeds their normal performance, we are in great shape. Last night Pemsl/Bakari. Vs. Minnesota is was Kriener. Joe W. is due for at least one big game down the stretch..CJ as well.

I think there is a 1% chance of winning at MSU. Not because they are better necessarily but I anticipate Garza will get in some bogus foul trouble while on offense our guys will get mugged. Fran will get really, really mad at some point.

However, everything else about the season going forward I am feeling excited and optimistic.
I have a feeling FM gets T’d at MSU, while Izzo does just as much complaining without incident.

This MSU team just doesn't seem to be the powerhouse of past teams. I think the Hawks finally steal one there.

This MSU team just doesn't seem to be the powerhouse of past teams. I think the Hawks finally steal one there.
I don't know if we can win but those sumb!tches are NOT going to push us around this time.

We take (3) of these,..we'll get the (2) home games and one of the road trips...

We're going to win at MSU. This group will be able to handle the "stuff" waiting for them in East Lansing.

The last win there was wild. Hawks beat #1 MSU at home soundly and then turn around less than two weeks later and absolutely obliterate them in East Lansing. Talk about coming completely out of left field. 4-0 in this stretch would be right up there with that particular stretch of games on the expectation train.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
This is what I expect.

I also expect bitching and moaning, we're weak, we suck, what could have been, not getting out of the first weekend, blah blah blah when they lose by 16 at MSU or 14 at IL.

I can guarantee at some point over that 4 game stretch iafootballforever will start a thread predicting losing out and one and done in tournament.

4-0...

(As long as Fran manages the minutes correctly)

I can guarantee at some point over that 4 game stretch iafootballforever will start a thread predicting losing out and one and done in tournament.

giphy.gif

MSU has IA/pedd/osu/md. Lots of big games still to come by most teams.

Penn State will be the tough one. I think we can win at Illinois. Just depends on what kind of team Illinois will be bringing into that game.

Remember, Minnesota was in desperation mode in that one as well, and we showed the kind of grit needed to overcome that effort by our opponent.

The only one I'm rather doubtful about is Michigan State, obviously.

But hey, if we can steal one in East Lansing then all bets are off!! :)

Bad feeling the Izzo influence on the refs gets Garza in foul trouble early. Couple that with some cold shooting efforts on the road...don’t love chances at MSU.

But this team has some fight...and if CJ back healthy it could be a toss up at MSU.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Bad feeling the Izzo influence on the refs gets Garza in foul trouble early. Couple that with some cold shooting efforts on the road...don’t love chances at MSU.

But this team has some fight...and if CJ back healthy it could be a toss up at MSU.
Bet heavily on Iowa with the points and about CJF...
Look for Pemsl and Kriener to continue to produce and elevate Iowa to win....
And look for Tillman to have a similar tough day as Oturu and Wesson endured...

I said 5-2 when we had this thread with 7 games remaining, and I am sticking to that. 3-1 to finish the season. Think this is the year we pull one out in east Lansing.

Reactions: skydog0784
Love to pick off a quad 1 road game! That will bump us up a seed! Hold serve at home! Love this time of year. Scheduled my hip replacement surgery for the weekend of the BIG tournament so nobody bothers me! Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT