ADVERTISEMENT

Fowler and Herbstreit calling the game Saturday night

Doesn't mean gameday is coming. It means Kirk gets on a plane when gameday is done.

No, they announced last week they are doing it at Times Square in NYC. Why, I have no idea, but Herbstreit will fly to Iowa Saturday afternoon.

Decision made to get away from the political storm they have been creating. There was talk of a bunch of people showing up with racial motivated signs and the lack of consistency with their studio people. Ratings dropping like a rock too.

I'm partial to Joe Klatt myself. Gus Johnson can suck a fat dick, but his co-commentator is the best in the biz.
giphy.gif

I hope to God their flight gets delayed due to mechanical probs or weather and ESPN is forced to bring in some other guys. Herby is the biggest homer ever and I don't want to listen to a PSU lovefest all night.

I hope to God their flight gets delayed due to mechanical probs or weather and ESPN is forced to bring in some other guys. Herby is the biggest homer ever and I don't want to listen to a PSU lovefest all night.
I disagree, I think he's more than fair. If you want to stop hearing about PSU, then Iowa needs to bring their A game and not get blown out like last year. Like others have said, the way college football is right now you absolutely want this crew calling your game.

Herbie is the best college football commentator that
is on ESPN. He has stayed current with the game
and loves to share his insights with the TV audience.
When he comes to Iowa City, then you know that the
Iowa Hawkeyes are playing in a big game.

Herbie is hands down the fairest and most balanced commentator in the game. If you don't like herbie, then you straight up can't handle the honest truth about your school's program. He knows his shit, and while he did go to OSU, you wouldn't know it since the first 5-years of his career.

One of the best.

Having these two do the game is just another reason why I don't want us to get embarrassed (don't want to give these two the pleasure). C'mon Hawks, improve like hell this week!!!

Rewatch last year's Mich. game. Listen for Herbie's quiet, "Oh my goodness" call as Wadley broke the Wolverine star's ankles again. Very complementary of the Hawks at that game and the beat down at PSU a few years ago. Best in the business: knowledgable, prepared and quick with sensible analysis.

Exactly the game that stands out to me. He was so complimentary of that 5-4 Iowa team at the time.

He was also one of the only ESPN heads who supported the Hawks during our run in 2015.

I like him, too. Very objective and he does his homework.

(Herbie is such a non-OSU homer I thought he had to move away from Columbus and their crazy fanbase there. They gave him too much crap about not complimenting OSU enough. Am I correct?)

Exactly the game that stands out to me. He was so complimentary of that 5-4 Iowa team at the time.

He was also one of the only ESPN heads who supported the Hawks during our run in 2015.

Actually I think he was pretty hard on us that year. But after the Michigan State game he was very quick to praise Iowa though. Herbies the best in the business but he was not praising Iowa that year.

Reactions: td77
Yeah we have a lot of chucklefuk fans that apparently don't want the Hawks to be on the biggest stage they possibly could occupy in week 4. If you don't want the best coverage and the best announcer team, stop pretending to be a fan.

Reactions: millah_22
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...keye-fans-force-herbstreit-to-move-from-ohio/

‘Relentless’ Buckeye fans force Herbstreit to move from Ohio

Unfortunately, he also became the subject of vitriol spewed by his own people — Buckeye fans — for having the utter gall and audacity to attempt to be fair and balanced when analyzing/reporting on his alma mater.

And, thanks to that small but deafening portion of the OSU fan base, Herbstreit has been forced to uproot himself and his family from his — and their — lifelong home.

Herbstreit has confirmed to Bob Hunter of the Columbus Dispatch that he, his wife and his four sons moved from their Ohio home Thursday to a new one in Tennessee. And, as you’ve probably already ascertained, it was a decision he says he was forced to make, not one he wanted to.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I used to think Herbie was the best and completely unbiased but he went off the reservation last year IMO. We'll see how he handles OSU this year but if they make a QB change I'm afraid he would go with the early in the season/totally different team/different QB made a difference shtick that followed the VT loss. In fairness, OSU did win that year.

Blackledge is just as good as Herbie IMO.

I used to think Herbie was the best and completely unbiased but he went off the reservation last year IMO. We'll see how he handles OSU this year but if they make a QB change I'm afraid he would go with the early in the season/totally different team/different QB made a difference shtick that followed the VT loss. In fairness, OSU did win that year.

Blackledge is just as good as Herbie IMO.
Holy crap! Did you just compare Blackledge to Herbie?? That's not fair to Herbie.

And if you compare Blackledge to crap, well, that's just plain unfair to crap.

Holy crap! Did you just compare Blackledge to Herbie?? That's not fair to Herbie.

And if you compare Blackledge to crap, well, that's just plain unfair to crap.

You don't like Blackledge? I've honestly never heard anyone from any fanbase say they didn't like him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT