ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Coverage

hexumhawk

HB Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
I was really pleasantly surprised with the coverage that Fox had last weekend. I don't think I have watched too many games that they have televised in the past but I thought they did a much better job than ESPN or ABC / CBS. Great camera angles and slo-mo usage. Love having Gus Johnson in the booth also. Just my 2 cents but thought it was very good.

Reactions: LGEND24
LOVED Gus Johnson, but it's pronounced Ankeny, not "Ann Kenny."
and Krieger-Koble is the last name, not just Koble.

Gus and Joel need to realize that Kirk was one of the last to arrive to the party in wanting CJ Beathard as the starting quarterback.
Then again, the same sports media, couldn't figure out that Tom Davis wasn't retiring, but instead, his contract wasn't renewed, back in the days.

Gus and Joel need to realize that Kirk was one of the last to arrive to the party in wanting CJ Beathard as the starting quarterback.
Then again, the same sports media, couldn't figure out that Tom Davis wasn't retiring, but instead, his contract wasn't renewed, back in the days.

Yes Fox announcers should be going off this theory that KF didnt' want to do this but Iowa message board posters made him do it. T

The only thing any of us know for sure is that KF made this decision. He told a 2 year starter before his senior year that he wasn't going to be starting next year. Nobody here made that call. You can guess or speculate that the pressure (like he has pressure being financially secure), the fans or the coaches forced him to do so, but he was the one that made this statement. The rest is something you guys made up in your mind.

Gus got some things wrong but his enthusiasm makes up for any mistakes. He's awesome.

He also called it Nevada, like the state and with short A, not with a long A as it should be, but I laughed more with AnnKenny.

Reactions: NashvilleHawk
Yes Fox announcers should be going off this theory that KF didnt' want to do this but Iowa message board posters made him do it. T

The only thing any of us know for sure is that KF made this decision. He told a 2 year starter before his senior year that he wasn't going to be starting next year. Nobody here made that call. You can guess or speculate that the pressure (like he has pressure being financially secure), the fans or the coaches forced him to do so, but he was the one that made this statement. The rest is something you guys made up in your mind.

Gus got some things wrong but his enthusiasm makes up for any mistakes. He's awesome.

We also know he lost 5 games last year to bad teams and he wouldn't make the change until the end of the season.

I'm sure you will say he made it at just the right time but that's just more speculation.

KF should have been telling a one year starter that he wouldn't be starting his JR year. That's why he was late to the party. He pissed the 2014 season away.

We also know he lost 5 games last year to bad teams and he wouldn't make the change until the end of the season.

I'm sure you will say he made it at just the right time but that's just more speculation.

5 bad teams? Wisconsin, Nebraska, Tennessee, Minnesota and Maryland all played in bowl games. There were bad teams out there, those teams weren't bad teams. They may not be this elite vision of football that you have in your mind but they weren't bad teams. Neither was Iowa.

I am not this huge KF defender you all think I am. I don't think KF is a great coach But I do know that he has accomplished more in football than you and his opinion counts. Yours doesn't. You don't know more than him, you don't know how to coach, you don't know how to build and sustain a program, you don't know how to call plays and you don't know how to evaluate talent. So what makes you the expert? Hindsight and that's it. Does that make KF perfect, no it doesn't. It just makes his football IQ far above yours.

Here's a prediction.
The first game we lose and CJ struggles, you guys will blame it on KF and GD. Just a hunch.

5 bad teams? Wisconsin, Nebraska, Tennessee, Minnesota and Maryland all played in bowl games. There were bad teams out there, those teams weren't bad teams. They may not be this elite vision of football that you have in your mind but they weren't bad teams. Neither was Iowa.

I am not this huge KF defender you all think I am. I don't think KF is a great coach But I do know that he has accomplished more in football than you and his opinion counts. Yours doesn't. You don't know more than him, you don't know how to coach, you don't know how to build and sustain a program, you don't know how to call plays and you don't know how to evaluate talent. So what makes you the expert? Hindsight and that's it. Does that make KF perfect, no it doesn't. It just makes his football IQ far above yours.

Here's a prediction.
The first game we lose and CJ struggles, you guys will blame it on KF and GD. Just a hunch.

There is alot of truth in this post. Well thought out Heat.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT