ADVERTISEMENT

Fox News polls show Trump with huge gains

538 now has Biden the slight favorite to win Ohio

I didn't know this but checking 270towin the last 4 polls in Ohio all put Biden in the lead. Granted 3 out of those 4 have been done in the last couple days. They are throwing into the a favorable Trump poll from 9/1 that shows him up 50 to 45. But since then it's been

9/8 Rassmussen - Biden 49 - Trump 45
9/23 Baldwin Wallace Univ - Biden 45 - Trump 44
9/24 Quinnipiac Biden 48 - Trump 47
9/24 Fox News Biden 50 - Trump 45

Reactions: noleclone2
Polls are a snapshot in time, Trump's problem is all the snapshots are forming a bigger picture. He is having to fight off Biden in states he won by 8 or more points in 2016, and the states he thought he'd expand into like Nevada and Minnesota are not panning out. He has a very narrow path to a narrow victory, and he knows it.
The question is how complicit the average Republican is willing to be?

I didn't know this but checking 270towin the last 4 polls in Ohio all put Biden in the lead. Granted 3 out of those 4 have been done in the last couple days. They are throwing into the a favorable Trump poll from 9/1 that shows him up 50 to 45. But since then it's been

9/8 Rassmussen - Biden 49 - Trump 45
9/23 Baldwin Wallace Univ - Biden 45 - Trump 44
9/24 Quinnipiac Biden 48 - Trump 47
9/24 Fox News Biden 50 - Trump 45

They have all but given up on MI so having to play defense on Ohio is quite a surprise for his campaign. It feels like basically the people not in his cult are starting to wake up. The thing about Trump is, once you see him for who he really is (a lazy malignant narcissist conman with the emotional intelligence of a 10 year old boy), you can’t unsee it. And he has shown his true nature daily for the last 7 long months. Every single day people are turning away and it will continue. I have a friend here that works on GOP campaigns for a living who told me Tuesday it is shaping up to be one of the most lopsided wins since 88 and may top Jimmy Carter beatdown as a sitting president.

Last edited:
Polls are a snapshot in time, Trump's problem is all the snapshots are forming a bigger picture. He is having to fight off Biden in states he won by 8 or more points in 2016, and the states he thought he'd expand into like Nevada and Minnesota are not panning out. He has a very narrow path to a narrow victory, and he knows it.
The question is how complicit the average Republican is willing to be?

There's a reason they are spending more time trying to figure out how they can circumvent the election than they are on providing relief for families and businesses suffering from COVID losses.

There's a reason they are spending more time trying to figure out how they can circumvent the election than they are on providing relief for families and businesses suffering from COVID losses.
The stupid Fake News didn't even report yesterday that Trump guaranteed coverage of pre-existing conditions for all Americans. It's true, he did.

The stupid Fake News didn't even report yesterday that Trump guaranteed coverage of pre-existing conditions for all Americans. It's true, he did.

While at the same time he's suing to eliminate the ACA. Trump says a lot of things and then immediately does the exact opposite. Here's a hint: He's not really protecting people with pre-existing conditions.

From what I’ve heard, Biden hasn’t even gone full-in in Ohio. Arizona seems to be getting tighter and Florida will be Florida...very close all the way to the end.

A female friend of ours stated yesterday, she is voting for a Democrat for only the second time in her life. She’s in her sixties. She stated “ Trump is a vile man”. If true, trump may be in trouble. I won’t believe it until she pulls the handle in the voting booth, but that comment is telling.

Last edited:
A female friend of ours stayed yesterday, she is voting for a Democrat for only the second time in her life. She’s in her sixties. She stated “ Trump is a vial man”. If true, trump may be in trouble. I won’t believe it until she pulls the handle in the voting booth, but that comment is telling.
Polling among women is worse. The gender gap is wide. It appears that women, especially those who voted for Trump believing he'd grow into the job, are preferring Sleepy Joe over four more years of a reality show and tweet storms.

A female friend of ours stated yesterday, she is voting for a Democrat for only the second time in her life. She’s in her sixties. She stated “ Trump is a vial man”. If true, trump may be in trouble. I won’t believe it until she pulls the handle in the voting booth, but that comment is telling.

What does he keep in his vials? ;)

Reactions: ping72 and dekhawk
Even three weeks later, if necessary, right?

Huh?

If it takes 3 weeks to count the ballots, then it takes 3 weeks to count the ballots.
Are you too senile to remember the recount process in FL in 2000?

Wisconsin has already stated they will accept mail-in ballots received up to 6 days after the election - I believe a judge required that. Perhaps you can mull over why that is necessary.

Polling among women is worse. The gender gap is wide. It appears that women, especially those who voted for Trump believing he'd grow into the job, are preferring Sleepy Joe over four more years of a reality show and tweet storms.
This won't be an issue because Trump is nominating a female for the SCOTUS job. Certainly all women will see this and vote for him very strongly. Bigly move Mr. President!

Or like me you've lied the few times a poll has contacted you.

You? Lie or misrepresent?
thats-unpossible.jpg

They have all but given up on MI so having to play defense on Ohio is quite a surprise for his campaign. It feels like basically the people not in his cult are starting to wake up. The thing about Trump is, once you see him for who he really is (a lazy malignant narcissist conman with the emotional intelligence of a 10 year old boy), you can’t unsee it. And he has shown his true nature daily for the last 7 long months. Every single day people are turning away and it will continue. I have a friend here that works on GOP campaigns for a living who told me Tuesday it is shaping up to be one of the most lopsided wins since 88 and may top Jimmy Carter beatdown as a sitting president.
The saddest thing is over a third of our populace can't see him for what he is, or worse just don't give a damn.

Personally I think the bigger news is that multiple states Trump is struggling in also feature Senate races.
Que Mitch and vulnerable Republicans starting to speak about how, "We cannot allow the Democrats to hold the WH and both houses of Congress".

This is a big reason that I'm simultaneously surprised but not surprised at the same time that Mitch is pushing so hard on the SC nomination so quickly. The 2022 Senate map is also favorable towards Dems and if they do really well in November and pick up 5, 6 or more seats this year, Dems could potentially control the Senate for the next decade.

So on the one hand, Mitch knows this, and wants to get his while he can. On the other hand, right on the heels of 2016, this looks like it could really turn off voters and almost ensure the GOP loses the majority.

At this point, I'm increasingly surprised GOP odds to keep the Senate majority are still in the 40+ percentile according to 538 - last I saw anyway. There seem to be more and more Senate races in red states that you wouldn't expect the races to even be competitive but are, and the Dems only need a couple of upsets to have a Blue Wave in the Senate. They seem in good shape to pickup 3 (AZ, CO and ME), and are pushing hard in several others.

Reactions: StonesCat
We’re they “cast” before or on Election Day? If so, explain why they shouldn’t be counted.
In Iowa the absentee ballots must reach the auditor's office by noon on the Monday following the election and bear a postmark on or prior to the Monday prior to the election. Any other ballots are not eligible to be counted. I plan to vote on election day so that I can place the ballot in the machine and be sure it is counted.

Reactions: LBoogie28
I never ask you guys for anything, so if you could indulge me here... could everyone close their eyes and for ten seconds, just imagine a world where the president of the United States doesn’t go on the internet to pout about his polling numbers.

Don’t you feel better and more centered, now? Also if you’ve watched Trump behave this way for 4 years and you still want to vote for him, please drive your car off a cliff on the way to your polling place.

Reactions: cigaretteman
In Iowa the absentee ballots must reach the auditor's office by noon on the Monday following the election and bear a postmark on or prior to the Monday prior to the election. Any other ballots are not eligible to be counted. I plan to vote on election day so that I can place the ballot in the machine and be sure it is counted.
Unless the Russian machine doesn't count every 5th Biden vote. I don't even trust those at this point.

That's is kind of difficult to rely on because most of that money is from outside the States and most of the world thinks we are a bunch of mouth-breathing, gun-totting crazies that ride around on lifted trucks with Trump flags waving......
I've posted this before but when we went to Europe in 2019, the British husband in the couple we were eating dinner with said, "I've gotta ask you...what is with the guns?"

Personally I think the bigger news is that multiple states Trump is struggling in also feature Senate races.
Que Mitch and vulnerable Republicans starting to speak about how, "We cannot allow the Democrats to hold the WH and both houses of Congress".

I know, right? The horror! People might end up with something awful, like health care.

Reactions: Joes Place
If I were you, I'd mortgage my house and cash in all my retirement savings and put it all on Trump. Go for it.
Oh, you just talk big? Got it. Sorry.
I don’t gamble and I rarely vote. The article was posted without comment because I had no opinion on it; it was simply another take on the subject.

If you had actually read the article you would have known it was full of caveats and disclaimers.

Instead you decided to act like a douche. 🤡

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT