ADVERTISEMENT

Fox News Will Not Carry Thursday’s Jan. 6 Hearing Live

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The wall-to-wall cable news and network coverage of Thursday’s prime time Jan. 6 committee hearing will once again have a notable gap: Fox News.
Fox will not carry the hearing live, instead reserving what are typically its highest-rated hours for its usual programming lineup of Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham. Its sister network, Fox Business, will take the hearing live starting at 8 p.m., the company said in a statement.
Viewers of Fox News, the country’s most-watched cable news network, will probably have to wait until midnight for any lengthy discussion of the evening’s events. The anchor Shannon Bream will devote her nightly show at that time to the topic.
Advertisement
Continue reading the main story

The committee’s other prime-time hearing last month was also not carried live by Fox News. The network aired its usual prime-time lineup then, too. Mr. Carlson explained to his audience, as he has many times before, that he wasn’t going to indulge the committee’s “lying.” Mr. Hannity dismissed the hearing as a “sham.”

Fox News has aired the hearings that have taken place during the day when millions fewer viewers are watching. But those days were hardly big for the network. It was eclipsed in the ratings by CNN and MSNBC, something that rarely happens.

Reactions: ICHerky
445-1318543204.jpg

They're desperately trying to keep the truth from their millions of viewers. Trump's complete and total dereliction of duty will be the committee's prime topic tonight. It will be described in detail how Trump did absolutely nothing for 187 minutes to stop the carnage while his thug supporters trashed the Capitol, threatened the lives of Capitol police and VP Mike Pence along with sitting members of Congress, all while trying to stop the certification of a free and fair presidential election. Fox has zero justification for Trump's actions (inactions) so their only recourse is to completely ignore it.

I have some relatives who watch nothing but Fox News and right wing websites. They are shocked when you mention anything about Trump, especially January 6. Not matters in doubt or opinions, but simple facts that everybody acknowledges to be true. They literally have not heard it before. First you get silence, then you see a little glimmer of “uh oh,” then back into the shell of denial and ignorance.

It’s unbelievable

I have some relatives who watch nothing but Fox News and right wing websites. They are shocked when you mention anything about Trump, especially January 6. Not matters in doubt or opinions, but simple facts that everybody acknowledges to be true. They literally have not heard it before. First you get silence, then you see a little glimmer of “uh oh,” then back into the shell of denial and ignorance.

It’s unbelievable
Same. And of course they are the ones who scream about the media being the enemy of the people. Disturbing level of irony there. Pretty much no education past high school amongst them either, unsurprisingly

The wall-to-wall cable news and network coverage of Thursday’s prime time Jan. 6 committee hearing will once again have a notable gap: Fox News.
Fox will not carry the hearing live, instead reserving what are typically its highest-rated hours for its usual programming lineup of Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham. Its sister network, Fox Business, will take the hearing live starting at 8 p.m., the company said in a statement.
Viewers of Fox News, the country’s most-watched cable news network, will probably have to wait until midnight for any lengthy discussion of the evening’s events. The anchor Shannon Bream will devote her nightly show at that time to the topic.
Advertisement
Continue reading the main story

The committee’s other prime-time hearing last month was also not carried live by Fox News. The network aired its usual prime-time lineup then, too. Mr. Carlson explained to his audience, as he has many times before, that he wasn’t going to indulge the committee’s “lying.” Mr. Hannity dismissed the hearing as a “sham.”

Fox News has aired the hearings that have taken place during the day when millions fewer viewers are watching. But those days were hardly big for the network. It was eclipsed in the ratings by CNN and MSNBC, something that rarely happens.

Dang! That sucks for you. I'm sure that was the channel you were going to watch. I mean, that's the only reason you could be upset enough to start a thread about it.

Dang! That sucks for you. I'm sure that was the channel you were going to watch. I mean, that's the only reason you could be upset enough to start a thread about it.
Who says he’s upset, Doobs?

Maybe, out of the goodness of his heart of gold, he was simply offering a PSA for all the Trump chumps who love to stay on top of current events and had been planning on tuning into Faux News for the wealth of fair and balanced information they would be presenting on the hearings. Did you ever consider that, slap nuts? 🤔

Who says he’s upset, Doobs?

Maybe, out of the goodness of his heart of gold, he was simply offering a PSA for all the Trump chumps who love to stay on top of current events and had been planning on tuning into Faux News for the wealth of fair and balanced information they would be presenting on the hearings. Did you ever consider that, slap nuts? 🤔
No he's a MAGA deflector professional.

Reactions: HawkMD
MAGA's

Listened today as my mother-in-law (you can have the pics if you really want 'em) spoke on the phone to one of her friends and claimed Obama was a Muslim and secretly in charge of the country. He's busy selling all our assets to Muslim countries.

I keep the tv on The Young Turks just to aggravate her. :D

Best part is she has no clue that her friend is undoubtedly a closeted lesbian who spent her entire adult life living with another woman - a "roommate". They've had a one-bedroom apartment the past decade. The "roommate" passed away a few weeks ago and left everything to the friend. "Wasn't that just so sweet of her?"

You want to know how anybody with a functioning brain knows Fox News isn't really news? Pay attention to what Fox's legal team says when their asses get drug into court on any legal or defamation case. They say "we're not actually news.....we're an entertainment source." When they won't legally call themselves "news" then they are most definitely not news.

They're desperately trying to keep the truth from their millions of viewers. Trump's complete and total dereliction of duty will be the committee's prime topic tonight. It will be described in detail how Trump did absolutely nothing for 187 minutes to stop the carnage while his thug supporters trashed the Capitol, threatened the lives of Capitol police and VP Mike Pence along with sitting members of Congress, all while trying to stop the certification of a free and fair presidential election. Fox has zero justification for Trump's actions (inactions) so their only recourse is to completely ignore it.
WITCH HUNT!
FAKE NEWS!!

They aren't C-Span, the do report some news, but they don't have scripted dramas like this
I always did prefer the Nuremberg style rallies that my President held...at night, in the dark torchlights, signs, chants.....and bullshit....lots and lots of bullshit, half-truths and outright lies! Ah yes Titan......those were the days!

Tonight is going to be bad TV for Trump. I am not sure how much of the outtakes, but they could make him look painfully stupid and inept. Fox cannot allow for the emperor to stand butt naked in front of their viewers.

Tonight could be very ugly for the Trump camp...and it will all be done with FACTS.
They won't care, they won't watch, it won't matter. When Trump said he could shoot a man in the face he meant it. He is their cult leader and they would gladly let him declare himself dictator and take a shit on the Constitution just to they could own the Libs. When Hillary called them "deplorables," they all clutched their pearls, but she was absolutely right. They are 100% the worst of American society. MAGAs are the dumbest, most ignorant, cruelest, smallest minded subset of American I ever imagine we'll see in any of our lifetimes.

They won't care, they won't watch, it won't matter. When Trump said he could shoot a man in the face he meant it. He is their cult leader and they would gladly let him declare himself dictator and take a shit on the Constitution just to they could own the Libs. When Hillary called them "deplorables," they all clutched their pearls, but she was absolutely right. They are 100% the worst of American society. MAGAs are the dumbest, most ignorant, cruelest, smallest minded subset of American I ever imagine we'll see in any of our lifetimes.
They are measuring Trump tonight so he gets a clean drop when they pop the trap door. Wanna make sure his fat McDonald’s Big Mac ass doesn’t get caught up on the gallows mechanism, so he gets a nice clean “snap” when that rope stops his free-fall. Trump’s legacy will forever be twice impeached, once executed.

I’m watching the Democratic Gubernatorial Senate here in Florida.
That’s all the politics and high comedy I need this evening.

Reactions: NI hawk
CBS: Capital Assault Hearings
NBC: The January 6 Riots
ABC: Attack on the Capital: The Investigation
CNN: Attack on Democracy 1/6 Hearings
PBS: 1/6 Hearings

FOX: 3 hour " my pillow guy " infomercial
None of the networks mentioning that 1/6 was just another day of tourists at the Capital? My goodness, how slanted these guys are!

They are measuring Trump tonight so he gets a clean drop when they pop the trap door. Wanna make sure his fat McDonald’s Big Mac ass doesn’t get caught up on the gallows mechanism, so he gets a nice clean “snap” when that rope stops his free-fall. Trump’s legacy will forever be twice impeached, once executed.
Dude, nothing’s going to happen, and he’ll have a good chance of being elected again in 2 1/2 years. The GOP is a cult.

The part about Pence not being in the chain of command can't be overstated. Those two know they can't "legally" take orders from VPOTUS. They did, because they were fulfilling their oaths to defend the Constituion against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC...

Dude, nothing’s going to happen, and he’ll have a good chance of being elected again in 2 1/2 years. The GOP is a cult.

Reference my first tweet as to why he'll have a good chance of being elected. If they were decent people Trump, nor any Trumper, would even sniff a nomination for any office. The whole damn party is complicit in everything.

ADVERTISEMENT