ADVERTISEMENT

Fran’s going to get a few coach of the year award votes

BVHawkeye

HR Legend
Jan 6, 2003
He’s done a hell of a job bringing this team along. We do have depth but I would ask this question: Of our starting five, which player other than Keegan, would start for the top 8 or so teams in the B1G? We have nice players that contribute and fill roles. Certainly Kris is a developing talent.

I maintain Fran has to get some credit. Defense is vastly improved as is rebounding. The people bitching every game about him need to give credit where it’s deserved. We lost four starters, when healthy, and I think this team is as good and seems to really hitting their stride at the right time.

Frans coaching/lineup change to win 8/9 puts him in contention, but I though Iowa was picked 9th and
Wisconsin 10th? Gard/Wisconsin are winning the B1G and Fran and Iowa are looking up in the standings, and that matters.

I think Iowa's talent is coparable to better than Wisconsins. Wisconsin has been very good at winning close games and that is the difference.

Keegan has a better case for POY over Wisconsin Davis just based on stats...I think Keegan is ahead of Wisconsin Davis in scoring/shooting efficiencey, probably similar in rebounding, ahead in blocked shots. I assume Davis will win POY because they have the best record. Cockburn might win, but he is more 1 dimensional than either Keegan or Davis...

ADVERTISEMENT