ADVERTISEMENT

Fran about to get TJD?

SotaHawk87

HR Legend
Jan 3, 2015
wont let me link the tweet but he’s meeting with him now looking to “seal the deal”

Is it just twitterspeak?

@SotaHawk87

Looks to simply be an in home visit. It was Patrick McCaffery who was looking to seal the deal.

The tweet from 3 pm CT, Sep 11 (which Tom Kakert Retweeted):

Jake‏Verified account@jakeweingarten
1h1 hour ago

Iowa’s Fran McCaffery is currently (3 pm CT, Sep 11) meeting with 2019 five-star Trayce Jackson-Davis, source tells Stockrisers.

OV’d this past weekend, 2019’s Pat McCaffery looking to seal the deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAMAM
Michigan State had an in home visit on Monday, Sep 10.

So, guessing Iowa/Fran has the in home visit today.

TJD‏@TrayceJackson
22h22 hours ago

Great in-home with Michigan State today (Sep 10).

2747.png

#GOGREEN

with the manner in which Fran & Francis have recruited Jackson-Davis..if Fran/Francis were at Indiana...I believe the kid would have given a verbal by now. With that Iowa has a shot...Indiana might be the odds on favorite.. Will be interesting to see if the kid signs in November or waits til spring.

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
with the manner in which Fran & Francis have recruited Jackson-Davis..if Fran/Francis were at Indiana...I believe the kid would have given a verbal by now. With that Iowa has a shot...Indiana might be the odds on favorite.. Will be interesting to see if the kid signs in November or waits til spring.

If he doesn't sign in the spring, we have a better shot. This team WILL BE significantly improved. TJD can step in when Cook takes off...

Has Trayce signaled he may commit after November?

I was making fun of the Indiana fans chiming in on all the Carton threads certain he was going to be a Hoosier

I wasn't aware that they were in on all the threads. I don't see this kid coming to IC but I have tried to get away from trying to figure recruiting out. Kid's school decisions don't seem to make a lot of sense to me, mine will have to decide in about 7 years.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
If he doesn't sign in the spring, we have a better shot. This team WILL BE significantly improved. TJD can step in when Cook takes off...

Did you mean if he waits to sign in the spring? Don't 2019 guys HAVE to sign no later than the spring period next spring (2019). If your point is that he will hopefully wait until the spring to sign, I agree it would help Iowa's chances as they would have the chance to put 4-14 behind them. If the team played well and/or made the tournament it wouldn't hurt. Still quite a longshot, but when you are 1 of the final 4 it means you have a shot.

I wasn't aware that they were in on all the threads. I don't see this kid coming to IC but I have tried to get away from trying to figure recruiting out. Kid's school decisions don't seem to make a lot of sense to me, mine will have to decide in about 7 years.
I’m in the same boat, and I feel like most posters here are too. Which is why it’s pretty amusing that fans of other teams come here and get defensive telling us we have no shot when we already realize Iowa isn’t his likely destination, but are still happy to be in the discussion and talk about the possibility of it happening

IIRC he said he wants to wait until after his senior season. But who knows if he actually will.

If he does wait, we'd at least have a chance to show improvement on the court,

"I’ll probably (commit) after the basketball season."....his quote

Michigan State is a player as well.

Got to hope Suggs really wants to play football:
“I don't think five-star, top-five combo guard Jalen Suggs is a realistic target. The only exception is if he truly wants to try being a two-sport athlete in college, in which case Iowa can offer a pretty enticing option.”

And this is interesting:
“Four-star Chicago point guard Tyler Beard is an interesting prospect. I've been very clear about how much I like this kid's defense. He just picked up an offer from Press Virginia — excuse me, West Virginia. Iowa was his first high-major offer, and Sherman Dillard is a respected name in Chicago.”

Last edited:

He said he will not commit until after his season is over. I think Indiana or MSU. Two elite programs vs. Iowa who struggled last year. Just don't see him becoming a Hawk. Hope I'm wrong.

He said he will not commit until after his season is over. I think Indiana or MSU. Two elite programs vs. Iowa who struggled last year. Just don't see him becoming a Hawk. Hope I'm wrong.

Hope so as well (and agreed that it's likely MSU/IU). I will say that if Iowa can have a nice surge to start the season and conference play, it certainly won't hurt our chances with him.

Fran needs to show recruits (and fans) that last year was an aberration.

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT