ADVERTISEMENT

Fran interview: Says Keegan Can Change the Sacramento Kings' Losing Culture

Sacramento has the #4 overall pick.

Fran says that Keegan is both ready for and welcomes the pressure of being an immediate impact player for the Kings or whoever selects him.

Listen here:

I watched that last night. I've been watching Keegan breakdowns as they become available. Yes, Matt is hooked on Keegan. I saw another breakdown by him awhile back. He's still pretty high on #15!

Reactions: NevadaHawk
no-bro-memes.jpg

Fran tells people to do their homework.

check this out & watch:

I'll check out the podcast later. Matt has been on Keegan's side for quite awhile and has been criticized by others for some time. I give him credit for standing his ground and trying to explain that Keegan is a good player, fits well with their program, and is ready to contribute now, as opposed to developing a player who is younger and is currently less skillful. The GM there as well as the new coach know what's best for their recurring playoff hopes.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I was listening to some NBA Draft stuff and honestly everybody I listened to said that Keegan was a good player and he was a good pick. They were just bagging on the Kings because if they weren't taking Ivey they were saying there were a lot of suitors and teams wanting to trade up to get him, and Sacramento could have probably traded down and still got him and another pick or something.

So I think the draft grade stuff for the Kings is more about that than about actually picking Murray. IMO that is over analysis - if the Kings traded down there is no guarantee they get Murray and if he were truly the best guy after the top 3 on Sacramento's board go get him.

Here is the full 35 minute interview.

I watched this earlier. Fran told Matt not to interview those guys lol. I think that what some of those who do and do not support Keegan, (and I'm speaking of the fan base over there), don't know that he's a cold-blooded player when needed to be. They see a "Nice kid from Iowa, lots of cornfields" , and so on. We know who Keegan really is. He's a nice kid from Iowa, who is a great player and teammate, intelligent, good decision maker, scores, rebounds, blocks shots, was first team All-American, winner of the Karl Malone Award, and as I said cold-blooded. I'll even throw in the cornfields just for fun. They'll get to know him soon, I guarantee that. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT