ADVERTISEMENT

fran is a freakin magician, I love fran post

Aug 27, 2015
We have Jok, Gessel, and Clemmons and all three struggle just to get above the rim! Even marble kind of struggled with that. Fran is an absolute magician in my mind to get as many wins as he does while giving so many minutes to guys who, for the most part, have to play below the rim. Jok is starting to make me mad with how little ups he has. Jok, if you read this, please consult someone on ups! You will easily be a pro if you can get 5 more inches on the vert! Just wait until we have Williams, moss, and even flemming running the backcourt. All can get those dunks pretty easily with the exception of flemming perhaps. It's going to be pretty awesome. Can't wait!

Given my druthers, I would much rather have good shooters over great dunkers. FWIW, I think M.G. actually has very good "hops". He and Clemmons are not all that tall so expecting them to be dunking machines is a tad unrealistic IMO, as far as Jok, His severe knee injury likely took away some of his vertical that you wish he had.

Reactions: hawk-i bob
You are pretty uninformed if you don't think MG can get up. You also assume Fleming can't get up instead of doing some research and seeing he has mid 30" vertical. I give you a D-.

We have Jok, Gessel, and Clemmons and all three struggle just to get above the rim! Even marble kind of struggled with that. Fran is an absolute magician in my mind to get as many wins as he does while giving so many minutes to guys who, for the most part, have to play below the rim. Jok is starting to make me mad with how little ups he has. Jok, if you read this, please consult someone on ups! You will easily be a pro if you can get 5 more inches on the vert! Just wait until we have Williams, moss, and even flemming running the backcourt. All can get those dunks pretty easily with the exception of flemming perhaps. It's going to be pretty awesome. Can't wait!
Welcome to Ignore World. And congrats on today's stupidest post...

No, I knew someone was going to disagree with me on Gessel's ups. He's 6/1 or 6/2. Hops on a guard that size is Keith appling. Remember when he went up off two feet and dunked the crap out of it on us in the big tourney? That's ups my friend and I havent seen mg do that yet. I want to see mg do that. I think he might be able to. Just not sure. It would rock everybody's world if he did. Come on mike!
As for Jok, I know about his knee. Im just bummed it doesnt look like he can get any stronger.

No, I knew someone was going to disagree with me on Gessel's ups. He's 6/1 or 6/2. Hops on a guard that size is Keith appling. Remember when he went up off two feet and dunked the crap out of it on us in the big tourney? That's ups my friend and I havent seen mg do that yet. I want to see mg do that. I think he might be able to. Just not sure. It would rock everybody's world if he did. Come on mike!
As for Jok, I know about his knee. Im just bummed it doesnt look like he can get any stronger.
As others have noted, you haven't watched MG much. He has gotten up like that.

Reactions: hawk-i bob
Never heard of that keeping anyone from being a pro.

Now that DanL has proved that yes Mike can & has...would you like to utter some more words of wisdom or maybe you would like to remain silent....or maybe you are one of those who has selected vision...that is you only see what you want to see.

Jok has worked hard to get stronger from his serious knee injury...from what we saw in PrimeTime the guy has done just that.

For the life of me I don't understand why people just make things up to try to make a point.

Jok looked way faster with and explosive jumping. He seems to have gotten Ito really good shape. He outplayed dez wells and petteway when iowa played nebraska and maryland and those are two wry good players. Did some good thins last year and now that he is in better shape he hopefully will have a really good year.

I know mike can get up, but this vid really didn't help the cause lol.
Doing a clutch requires quite a bit of hangtime-- I posted that mainly for the first dunk. The ones he missed didn't really require ups so much as a solid pass.

Worth noting that was two years ago. I bet his vertical has increased

Yeah, dunks are exciting.
And also about the least useful thing a point guard can do for his team.
Woodbury's limited finishing ability around the rim is a much bigger concern than MG or Sapp dunking.
And while Woody is hardly an offensive powerhouse down low, he has at least shown some good offensive moments despite the lack of rim rattling excitement.

Reactions: BuckRussel
Yeah that was a pretty horrible video to support MG's vertical. I'm fine with his game. He doesn't need to dunk. Just distribute the ball and hit jumpers. I thought he was a better player after the elbow injury last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT