ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Radio Call in show tonight 7-8:30pm

WOC a Davenport station that carries Iowa Basketball is not airing the show tonight, morons.......

They are 21-10 is it that hard to keep track? Maybe it's just me but i keep the schedule on my desk so i know when and where each game is played and what time they play. Works wonders for me.
smile.r191677.gif

there were 3 good (interesting) calls tonight.

1) first call of the night, guy was either drunk or had some kind of mental disability. you could barely understand him. started listing off the other teams in the B1G and that was it, dolph just went right into the next caller.

b) female called in, very complimentary to the team and mentioned how she enjoys listening to Fran. then, and you could tell she was waiting to unleash this question, brought up something that i didn't catch, but it must have been a hot button topic, because both dolph and fran said they weren't going to comment and moved on. Anyone catch what she said/asked that was so controversial? was it something to do with the women coaches and barta?

finally) caller asked about recruiting, one of about 4, and fran said that they are 'for sure' going to fill the 5th maybe the 6th. almost positive he said 'for sure'. not earth shattering news, but i know some were thinking he might bank them both.

gabe was also on the show over the phone. very happy for that guy. much deserved 6th man of the year.

I enjoyed the segment when McCaffery answered the caller who was talking up a kid he had seen play and it turned out to be Fran's son, Patrick.

Originally posted by Ronman:
I enjoyed the segment when McCaffery answered the caller who was talking up a kid he had seen play and it turned out to be Fran's son, Patrick.

That was pretty funny. How do you not recruit a kid that you wiped his butt?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

WOC is terrble. They routinely miss parts of the pregame, sometimes post game, and Hawk Talk. Stick with 600, it comes in pretty good in the QC.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Quintana:

1) first call of the night, guy was either drunk or had some kind of mental disability. you could barely understand him. started listing off the other teams in the B1G and that was it, dolph just went right into the next caller.

b) female called in, very complimentary to the team and mentioned how she enjoys listening to Fran. then, and you could tell she was waiting to unleash this question, brought up something that i didn't catch, but it must have been a hot button topic, because both dolph and fran said they weren't going to comment and moved on. Anyone catch what she said/asked that was so controversial? was it something to do with the women coaches and barta?

finally) caller asked about recruiting, one of about 4, and fran said that they are 'for sure' going to fill the 5th maybe the 6th. almost positive he said 'for sure'. not earth shattering news, but i know some were thinking he might bank them both.

gabe was also on the show over the phone. very happy for that guy. much deserved 6th man of the year.
No that's not 'earth-shattering' news, but I suspect it will have a significant impact on projections for the rotation next year. I wonder who he's got in mind to shore up the losses of Aaron and Gabe?

So to summarize your summary. You couldn't understand what the first guy said, didn't catch the most important part of the seconds lady's call, and are almost positive about what you heard on the last one.

Originally posted by OC_Hawk:

So to summarize your summary. You couldn't understand what the first guy said, didn't catch the most important part of the seconds lady's call, and are almost positive about what you heard on the last one.
haha, pretty much! I was washing dishes at the time and was only half paying attention. in my defense; the first guy was barely audible; the lady, before she sucker punched them with her question, said "in the same vein" and so I automatically did the beavis and butthead "she said vein, uh huh huh' in my head which blotted out half of her question; and I'm almost positive he said 'for sure' but I didn't want to be overly assertive as I know someone on here is just waiting to correct any misstep.

i know, pretty poor reporting, but I'm not getting paid very much either!

I could only stand to listen to so much of every caller taking about 3 minutes to say "congrats" or "good job" before actually asking a question. Did hear the recruiting question though. Sounds like Fran is sure he'll sign at least one.

She had a comment about Applebee's that I will not repeat because she does not deserve air time on a basketball show.

It was about Appleby's paying their employees, I think. So, I'm in the same boat as the OP, but wasn't washing dishes, just couldn't unscramble her garble.

I always have a hard time listening because the majority of callers are so uninformed. Just get to your question, no one cares that your uncle's,sister's, dog's, brother's owner met Fran once in 1999. Do you remember that Fran?

Originally posted by BGHAWK:

It was about Appleby's paying their employees, I think. So, I'm in the same boat as the OP, but wasn't washing dishes, just couldn't unscramble her garble.
ah-ha, sweet vindication! I do believe that dolph said that was a question for somebody else before moving on, and I didn't recognize the name, so that makes sense.

I never listen to the weekly call in show, but I am guessing it is the highlight of Fran's week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT