ADVERTISEMENT

Fran (the man) will be coaching & Keegan (is special), Kris and Patrick will be playing in Spain in August

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Training camp will be at Manhattan College and the event will be in Valencia and Barcelona July 31-Aug 9.

This summer's USA East Coast Coaching Staff:

E6QSuVlXEAEEnc9

The Red, White, and Blue Rosters that will compete in Spain in August:

E6a8peFWYAEwoEF

E6a8peGXEAEsrb4

E6a8peFWUAQMXj7

Why would the organization want a scumball like Larry Brown as head coach?

Boeheim and and Frank Martin aren't exactly the best representatives either....

Hmmm? Larry Brown only = one of the best basketball coaches of all-time. Couldn't really think of a better man for the job myself

Reactions: Buffalo43
Why is Larry Brown a scum ball ?
Probably because his bags were always packed, and he couldn't get on of Kansas fast enough with that national championship trophy before the roof caved in with sanctions against the Jayhawks. By the way what in the hell is a "Jayhawk"? Stupid looking bird, its almost as bad as calling your self "the Cyclones" and having a Cardinal as your mascot.....;)

The things Larry Brown did were now commonplace in today's cesspool of college hoops. He has been a great player/coach for 60 years!

One example was he hired Ed Manning @ Kansas to be an assistant so he could land Danny Manning. In 1988 I thought it was a weasel move and a way to skirt the system. Today, I just consider it prudent and smart!

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Why would the organization want a scumball like Larry Brown as head coach?

Boeheim and and Frank Martin aren't exactly the best representatives either....
You need to 1) take a chill pill, 2) understand that this is a great opportunity for these players even if you were the coach, 3) getting live competition for the three Hawks at this time of the year is "priceless" and 4) the HOF basketball knowledge is unprecedented for ALL of the coaches and players. The thing that bugs me about MOST people on this board (in this instance it includes "paladinhawk") is how you don't see the potential life/basketball lessons in each circumstance. I am not mad, or even irritated, but in a world that all we are shown is the "negative", why can't we look for the "positives" in each circumstance discussed on this board? Most of the players on these rosters won't play in the NBA, but by going overseas, they will see how basketball is played there and might like to continue their playing career abroad. They will learn about other cultures. They will see the beauty of this world outside of the US. I am excited for the Hawks even if they lose every stinking game. The life lessons on and off the court is what I am excited for my boys to learn. Go Hawks!!

You need to 1) take a chill pill, 2) understand that this is a great opportunity for these players even if you were the coach, 3) getting live competition for the three Hawks at this time of the year is "priceless" and 4) the HOF basketball knowledge is unprecedented for ALL of the coaches and players. The thing that bugs me about MOST people on this board (in this instance it includes "paladinhawk") is how you don't see the potential life/basketball lessons in each circumstance. I am not mad, or even irritated, but in a world that all we are shown is the "negative", why can't we look for the "positives" in each circumstance discussed on this board? Most of the players on these rosters won't play in the NBA, but by going overseas, they will see how basketball is played there and might like to continue their playing career abroad. They will learn about other cultures. They will see the beauty of this world outside of the US. I am excited for the Hawks even if they lose every stinking game. The life lessons on and off the court is what I am excited for my boys to learn. Go Hawks!!
Well said.

Hmmm? Larry Brown only = one of the best basketball coaches of all-time. Couldn't really think of a better man for the job myself

Taking the 01 76'ers to the NBA Finals when their only good player was a 5'11 2G who wasn't a good shooter was HoF level coaching.

Reactions: jasonrann
I never said anything about the opportunities that the players are going to get. My comment was directed at the Moneyball Sportswear organization, who chose out out of 300+ Division 1 coaches, three coaches who have issues related to NCAA infractions or ethics to represent the team that they are sponsoring. Odd choice IMO.

Maybe you should take a chill pill, as I notice you didn't actually argue that my claim that these coaches aren't the best representatives was wrong. You didn't mention the character of those guys at all.

Far too many people, especially on our team boards, spend their entire lives looking for the pile of horse shit and ignore the pony by the Christmas tree. The European experience is a wonderful chance for the kids to build their games, soak up some different coaching and playing experiences to grow their game, and take in a little of the ancient European cultures. Where is the downside.

An optimistic and pessimistic scenario exists for every human event. Why not prefer the optimistic scenario until it fails to materialize?

Last edited:
Training camp will be at Manhattan College and the event will be in Valencia and Barcelona July 31-Aug 9.

This summer's USA East Coast Coaching Staff:

E6QSuVlXEAEEnc9

The Red, White, and Blue Rosters that will compete in Spain in August:

E6a8peFWYAEwoEF

E6a8peGXEAEsrb4

E6a8peFWUAQMXj7

Hey Fran,
Do you have any TV links? Needing one for ESPN+ today.... I sent you an email.

Hope the Europe trip is online as well.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I never said anything about the opportunities that the players are going to get. My comment was directed at the Moneyball Sportswear organization, who chose out out of 300+ Division 1 coaches, three coaches who have issues related to NCAA infractions or ethics to represent the team that they are sponsoring. Odd choice IMO.

Maybe you should take a chill pill, as I notice you didn't actually argue that my claim that these coaches aren't the best representatives was wrong. You didn't mention the character of those guys at all.
If I had a son in college and he had the opportunity to play in an overseas series of games coached by any of these coaches I would not hesitate one bit to allow it. Look at the accolades given to these coaches by former players and you'll understand there is a lot more to life beyond the black and white of what gets reported on ESPN.

Reactions: jasonrann
If I had a son in college and he had the opportunity to play in an overseas series of games coached by any of these coaches I would not hesitate one bit to allow it. Look at the accolades given to these coaches by former players and you'll understand there is a lot more to life beyond the black and white of what gets reported on ESPN.
Can't argue this. If I was selecting where my son was going to spend 4 years for their college hoops career I would hope they selected otherwise.

Who am I to argue ANY of these coaches? Pretty sure they have forgotten more basketball than you or I would ever know. Keep debating me....I love it!!

One would hope that a few weeks of exposure through a summer tour would not change the players' respective moral foundations or futures. On the other hand they just might pick up some knowledge that does change the trajectory of the kids' respective basketball games.

Who am I to argue ANY of these coaches? Pretty sure they have forgotten more basketball than you or I would ever know. Keep debating me....I love it!!
These coaches are in this position to teach the kids about basketball during a relatively short period of time. The kids will gain exposure to some fascinating experiences they may never be afforded again.
It is certainly not the same as a 4-5 year commitment to a college program run by them.

USA East Coast Basketball 2021 Tour Postponed

By ADAM ZAGORIA
JULY 28, 2021

USA East Coast has canceled its upcoming trip to Spain due to travel concerns over Covid.

The group was originally going to bring three teams composed of college players to compete in games in Valencia and Barcelona next month.

They announced earlier Monday that one of the head coaches –Memphis assistant Larry Brown, 80 — would miss the trip due to contact tracing issues. Brown had been at Peach Jam, which turned into a super spreader event with multiple players and coaches coming up positive at the event or once they returned home.

Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim, South Carolina’s Frank Martin and Columbia’s Jim Engles were to coach the other teams that included players from Syracuse, Duke, Kansas, Rutgers, Colorado, Iowa and several Ivy League schools.

“This summer’s event has been postponed,” a spokesman said. “We hope to see everyone on the court in the fall and with us in a healthier summer 2022!

You are a person with morals and integrity. As such, there is nothing wrong with insisting that those around you who are elevated to a position of authority and influence are also people with morals and integrity — even if they have “forgotten more basketball than you or I would ever know.”

Integrity matters, no matter how smart you are.

Sucks for the kids. Seeing other parts of the world is an eye opening experience. In this case, safety should be the utmost concern, so if that means cancelling the trip, so be it.

Reactions: BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT