ADVERTISEMENT

Fran?

Omg joe was amazing, on both ends! But seriously ulis wasnt “bad” and had a nice drive right when he came in to attack the zone, and a nice pass to Keegan a few possessions later but made me nervous down the stretch tonight. He’s good though just Joe deserved to be out there more definitely.

Credit Joe for staying highly engaged on the bench down the stretch. I would’ve been pissed

I’m not sure if Fran thinks that Ulis, Bohannon, Connor, Keegan, and Rebraca is the lineup that’s going to close out a game in the Big Ten Tournament or NCAAs/NIT game, but if he does, he better think again. If that’s the lineup he’s riding with then it’s going to be a quick finish in March

Omg joe was amazing, on both ends! But seriously ulis wasnt “bad” and had a nice drive right when he came in to attack the zone, and a nice pass to Keegan a few possessions later but made me nervous down the stretch tonight. He’s good though just Joe deserved to be out there more definitely.
Should have been Joe, JBO, Ulis, Keegan, Kris at the end of the game.

1. Why did you sit Joe the last 8 minutes of the game?
2. Why did you play Connor the last 13:30 of the game?

I’m glad we won but this may be one of the worst coaches games I’ve ever witnessed. I’m touching the tip of the iceberg…
He had Connor in to protect the lead. 😂

Joe T and Perkins should start, and get the vast majority of minutes at guard positions.

Joe Ulis Perkins Keegan Rebraca imo. Rebraca’s free throw shooting is suspect, but he’s a top rebounder on the team and played outstanding interior defense tonight. Kris is slumping. All of Joe Tony and Ahron are good free throw shooters
I'd rather have a capable FT shooter like Kris than Rebraca. Filip is a little better rebounder but it isn't like he's Rodman.

Reactions: drunkengoat
Couples things:

Kris needs some juice to get his game back he’s been struggling offensively, just think he’s a little thin to bang down low with the 5’s especially with Frans shitty ass 2 foul rule he’s playing scared on D, you can really see it. Few times he looked lost on offense but I can say the same for Perkins and Rebraca too. He might unfortunately be wasted under this program the way Fran subs and manages games.

Payton is an amazing supporter on the bench too, kid gets up on every made basket and he got screwed on minutes tonight, did nothing wrong and did he job well. Pmac is just trash man, I know he does some things nice but I absolutely HATE how he plays.

I'd rather have a capable FT shooter like Kris than Rebraca. Filip is a little better rebounder but it isn't like he's Rodman.
Totally understand your point. Just don’t think that Kris is playing with much confidence right now. Rebraca is a vet, playing confidently and you can be confident he won’t take an ill-advised shot or turn it over. I guess the idea would be for Filip to get rid of the ball and try to stay off the line

Fran's rotations are awful. OP is right to point it out.
It is very frustrating. Like with 10 min in 1st half we have all 5 starters on the bench and our lead evaporates. Fran frequently does this where 8-10 min into game and we have 4 bench and 1 starter in. Or fact Connor is our 6th man first one off the bench. Kris and Perkins depending on who should be first one off the bench. Plus Fran isn’t a big proponent of subbing off for D or vice versa. 1:40 after to Maryland comes out and guy blows last JBo we help out misses shot but to where guy defender left gets off rebound and goes to the line.

Totally understand your point. Just don’t think that Kris is playing with much confidence right now. Rebraca is a vet, playing confidently and you can be confident he won’t take an ill-advised shot or turn it over. I guess the idea would be for Filip to get rid of the ball and try to stay off the line
Filips form isn't bad either, and he hits most of his second shots at the line. Must be a mental thing for him on the front ends.

I’m glad we won but this may be one of the worst coaches games I’ve ever witnessed. I’m touching the tip of the iceberg…
you need to actually watch the game. who do you think made the zone work…since you dont really watch so I’ll help….Conner down low and Perkins/Ulis out front. we needed to slow things down against their zone…..seemed to work……your hate seems to be showing.

It is very frustrating. Like with 10 min in 1st half we have all 5 starters on the bench and our lead evaporates. Fran frequently does this where 8-10 min into game and we have 4 bench and 1 starter in. Or fact Connor is our 6th man first one off the bench. Kris and Perkins depending on who should be first one off the bench.
Last year (Against Maryland at their place) Fran took the starters out and the bench guys went on a run and took the game over. When the backups weren’t getting it done tonight he pulled them pretty quickly….WE WON

Filips form isn't bad either, and he hits most of his second shots at the line. Must be a mental thing for him on the front ends.
Also shoots very few jumpers. It’s like he’s shooting cold on the first one then figures out the range and makes the second look easy. I’m not sure how you fix it but it doesn’t work in 1 and 1 situations

I call the Moss effect. Productive player benched in the 2nd half so Connor can get a participation badge.

Last year (Against Maryland at their place) Fran took the starters out and the bench guys went on a run and took the game over. When the backups weren’t getting it done tonight he pulled them pretty quickly….WE WON
True and worked out well. But how many times do you see the opposite happen? Where we get outscored. In big 10 play with our roster playing with fire doing this we don’t have the luxury of having a bench deep with talented players like blue blood schools who can’t get away with this.

Last edited:
how does someone who often over dribbles “deserve“ to be in the game against their zone when we are working middle out. the lead grew with the lineup that all the haters here are crying about.

Fran just answered a question about the lineup in the 2nd half. Says you have to have a connected group to play defense. "Connor is back there directing traffic".

I didn't know we made any decisions based on defense.... Otherwise Perkins would get more mins and JBo would get less.

Fran just answered a question about the lineup in the 2nd half. Says you have to have a connected group to play defense. "Connor is back there directing traffic".

I didn't know we made any decisions based on defense.... Otherwise Perkins would get more mins and JBo would get less.
He said that? Because that’s a bunch of bs

Olé!

TLRilT.gif

The starters were playing like crap that game. Today the starters were on fire!

The starters were playing like crap that game. Today the starters were on fire!
Our bench has been pretty good in most games…playing the bench is good for the starters and their end of game energy. When things were going south in the first half the starters weren’t great either.

We won…Frans done a good job. No coach or player is perfect…. But tonight both our coaches and players were good enough to get the win.

Our bench has been pretty good in most games…playing the bench is good for the starters and their end of game energy. When things were going south in the first half the starters weren’t great either.

We won…Frans done a good job. No coach or player is perfect…. But tonight both our coaches and players were good enough to get the win.
He doesn’t need to play the whole bench at the same time.

Barely won…at home…against a terrible MD team.

ADVERTISEMENT