ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Reich Fired

And just a week after they fired the OC.

nothing has gone right for that franchise since Luck retired.

Should fire the GM.

QB situation is a disaster.

Honestly my problem with the GM is that he came in saying the OL and DL come first because the game is won in the trenches. And his initial drafts were heavy investments in the OL and DL. And that worked and for a while we had one of the best OL's in football. Then our left tackle Anthony Castonzo retired and he never really invested in someone to replace him. Furthermore he let our right guard walk.

Then, some of this is on the owner too . . . Irsay interfered and commanded that they get rid of Wentz. So the GM did what he was told and got Matt Ryan. Problem is went and got a immobile pocket passer and he let the quality of the OL slide.

I have a hard time getting rid of the GM because he doesn't make many mistakes. If he drafts a guy in the first 4 rounds, that guy is almost always going to be a solid player or better. There are a few exceptions but for the most part Ballard's draft picks rarely bust.

Hire someone that's not currently with the organization that has never coached in the NFL or College before. Bold strategy.

A lot of Colts fans are reading into this and thinking this is an indicator that the GM has lost the confidence of the owner. Because this is not a move that in the personality of our GM but very much is in the personality of our owner.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
A lot of Colts fans are reading into this and thinking this is an indicator that the GM has lost the confidence of the owner. Because this is not a move that in the personality of our GM but very much is in the personality of our owner.
Irsay is flat out nuts, but I get a kick out of him for some reason. Did you know that Colts oline that sucks is the highest paid oline in the NFL? Kind of a train wreck there right now, which bums me out because I like the Colts.

Reactions: wausauhawk
Irsay is flat out nuts, but I get a kick out of him for some reason. Did you know that Colts oline that sucks is the highest paid oline in the NFL? Kind of a train wreck there right now, which bums me out because I like the Colts.

The thing is the dudes making all the money on that OL are legitimately good, but the two guys who arn't making the money on the OL are just awful.

You have to be strong in all 5 positions on the OL to have a good OL. Colts are strong in 3 and terrible at 2.

And I honestly don't know why Ballard didn't spend high draft picks to correct this.

I wish they were the team in Hard Knocks In Season like they were last year. Would be fascinating.

Sitting at 3-5 seems a bit too "good" to try and tank for top pick at a QB. Also doesn't make much sense to have a popular former player oversee the tanking. hmm.

Reich has had 7 QBs in his tenure and their o-line is a mess. Someone has to take the fall, though.

Reactions: cigaretteman
The thing is the dudes making all the money on that OL are legitimately good, but the two guys who arn't making the money on the OL are just awful.

You have to be strong in all 5 positions on the OL to have a good OL. Colts are strong in 3 and terrible at 2.

And I honestly don't know why Ballard didn't spend high draft picks to correct this.
The Colts need to get some stability at QB. It made no sense to go grab Matt Ryan. I know Wentz wasn't great but I would have stuck with him one more year. He was at least semi mobile.

Ballard is a great GM but Irsay is a nut job. If I were them, I would try to get Lamar Jackson in free agency. Throw everything at him. Then draft an OL in the first round.

The Colts need to get some stability at QB. It made no sense to go grab Matt Ryan. I know Wentz wasn't great but I would have stuck with him one more year. He was at least semi mobile.

Ballard is a great GM but Irsay is a nut job. If I were them, I would try to get Lamar Jackson in free agency. Throw everything at him. Then draft an OL in the first round.

Lamar isn’t getting to free agency.

Hey...If Ryan didn’t end up in Indy, his ticket was punched for Cleveland! (That was before the Brownies fell in love Watson)...but Ryan would have been serviceable in Cleveland with #24 and #27 standing behind him.

Colts should get their RB healthy and franchise him. Spend all money on best available OLinemen. Get the Packers backup QB and become the new Titans.

I still say Titans have the best blueprint to become instant contenders. Get a legit stud RB and spend all you have making sure he has room to run. Play average defense. 9-7 minimum.

Colts should get their RB healthy and franchise him. Spend all money on best available OLinemen. Get the Packers backup QB and become the new Titans.

I still say Titans have the best blueprint to become instant contenders. Get a legit stud RB and spend all you have making sure he has room to run. Play average defense. 9-7 minimum.
You have to have ownership that has a plan! Tennessee has a plan. And they follow that plan. Cleveland has a similar plan (RBs, strong O-line) But they have no plan idea what they need at QB, grasp straws and blow up their plan after one “bad” season....it’s really frustrating! Thankfully, I have that offensive juggernaut in Iowa City to keep me entertained on Saturdays!

I agree with that and it was pretty clear to Colts fans that getting rid of Wentz was a directive from Irsay who seems over the last few years to be meddling more and more with the GM's job.

Getting rid of Wentz was a big one but dumping Reich for Jeff Saturday is another move that has Irsay written all over it.

He didn't used to meddle much as much.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I agree with that and it was pretty clear to Colts fans that getting rid of Wentz was a directive from Irsay who seems over the last few years to be meddling more and more with the GM's job.

Getting rid of Wentz was a big one but dumping Reich for Jeff Saturday is another move that has Irsay written all over it.

He didn't used to meddle much as much.
Owners should “own” and allow GMs to “manage” and let coaches “coach”. But “money” does strange things to those who have it and often make cowards of those who don’t. That is a reality of capitalism.

Honestly I think with Ryan back next year if they make some high draft pick investments in the OL they could have a good season next year.

Honestly I think with Ryan back next year if they make some high draft pick investments in the OL they could have a good season next year.
Ryan was so up and down this season. But he did have a couple really good games. The second Jags game was vintage Matt Ryan with almost 400 yards and 3 TDs.

I think Indy really needs to draft a QB but there are going to be lots of teams looking for a QB this offseason imo. Panters, Lions, Texans, and I think the Saints and Falcons could upgrade as well.

Ryan was so up and down this season. But he did have a couple really good games. The second Jags game was vintage Matt Ryan with almost 400 yards and 3 TDs.

I think Indy really needs to draft a QB but there are going to be lots of teams looking for a QB this offseason imo. Panters, Lions, Texans, and I think the Saints and Falcons could upgrade as well.

Problem is that we have to look for a QB and an OL. QB we can hold off on I think. OL we can't.

A big part of Ryan's struggles was his lack of protection.

Reactions: srams21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT