ADVERTISEMENT

Freedom of Movement

Fran-Con-2

HR All-State
Nov 17, 2019
I don't ever want to hear about "freedom of movement" ever again. It means nothing.

Re-watch the final play of the game. The Illini player was inside of CJF's shorts. Garza was wearing Cockburn like a poncho. And it was like that all. Game.

Hats off to Illinois. Dosunmo was the truth and Cockburn is great.

But holy cow freedom of movement is a joke.

I don't ever want to hear about "freedom of movement" ever again. It means nothing.

Re-watch the final play of the game. The Illini player was inside of CJF's shorts. Garza was wearing Cockburn like a poncho. And it was like that all. Game.

just physical b1g basketball, great no call!!

:mad:

Watching with my brother-in-law and b4 the ball was inbounded he says, kriener is already getting fouled, sure enuf the guy guarding him has both arms wrapped around him pretty much hugging him. And yes freedom of movement is a joke, cjf on that last play was being molested

Watching with my brother-in-law and b4 the ball was inbounded he says, kriener is already getting fouled, sure enuf the guy guarding him has both arms wrapped around him pretty much hugging him. And yes freedom of movement is a joke, cjf on that last play was being molested

It sure was a foul earlier in the game when Connor got called on a similar play.

Garza got called for a foul for being taller than an Illini guy. Garza was called for at least two fouls where I’m not sure he touched the guy either time.

Freedom of movement hasn’t been a thing for years. Adjust accordingly.

I agree with LetsGoHawks83! Pad em up and just beat the crap out of each other. There is no such thing as freedom of movement!

Except when we get called for what Izzo describes as ‘touch fouls’. There’s only the application of ‘freedom of movement’ when the refs want it.

Go look at the 15 minute mark when on one possession IL was called for three freedom of movement type of fouls. Then nothing like that the rest of the way. Just be consistent both ways is all everyone is asking (except Wisconsin fans because they benefit from the bull crap).

Replace human refs with technology and Wisconsin is a bottom 1/3 program.

That is how the B10 refs call the games. They allow way more physical contact that most other conferences.

Well, if its not going to be called. Then we need to do it too. How else can you explain a team like Wiscy that consistently places 4th of better in the BIG for the last 20 years. We have comparable if not better talent.

I have friends and family that are Badger fans that say the same thing. I think you are all right. Not sure why we don't just adjust. Every year the refs begin the season calling more hand-checking and holding, but sure enough as the year goes on, they go back to allowing it.

I think that's why Iowa starts the year strong, and fades down the stretch as the games get more physical. Badgers seem to come alive in part 2 of the season as they are allowed to play their style. Can't blame them for finding a system that is successful.

Honestly, I would rather see the game of basketball be about skill and shooting rather than how physical you can be. It's not supposed to be a contact sport. But that's just my opinion.

I don't care if each team is shooting 30 foul shots a game, I want the game cleaned up. Iowa would have around 5 additional wins if the officials actually called the game the way it is supposed to be called. Eventually players and coaches will adjust and stop teaching teams to grab. It's ruining the game.

Watch:

They called a cylinder violation 1 minute before that and it was much less egregious....o_O

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Famous Iowa phrase. “I don’t complain a lot”.

The 20 page in-game threads are all the same. Iowa fans complaining about the refs.

They called it three times on one possession and then didn’t call it again for 39:50 of game time. It’s horse shit. There is no accountability they went right back to holding cutters. It’ll get called in the tournaments tho.
I wouldn't bet on it. In some ways, if fouls are called in the NCAA's, Luka will need to be careful. There are a lot of times where Luka could get called for a foul and he doesn't.

6J6N8u7m4R5tD5ZlQVL3e7vsYA2CMJKBXehZDG2JOqg.jpg

These people got me to do the one thing I never thought possible: cheer for Duke and their POS coach K.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Yea. Except when our player did “adjust” and use his arms to gain some separation he was immediately called for a foul and then a technical.

Allowing defensive players to grab and hold offensive players, but restricting offensive players from using their hands to gain freedom is illogical and downright idiotic. It leads to 40 point games which is a terrible product for everyone except the winning teams’ fan base.

The 20 page in-game threads are all the same. Iowa fans complaining about the refs.

Truth hurts sometimes as painful as it may be to hear. Lots of folks don’t like hearing it and even less like seeing it.

The only way to fix this is full time reffs who are forced to call the game correctly.

The nba didn't have any problem changing the way their sport was officiated when they decided that's what they wanted to do because their officials are full time employees subject to supervision and repercussions.

Theres no supervision or repercussions for part time freelance college reffs so they just go with the flow and allow certain coaches to dirty the game up which then spreads to everyone else.

Its unlikely to ever happen though. To many teams to short of season.

Players don’t complain. Fans do, even Wisconsin. Go back to the Iowa Wisconsin post game twitter. Wisconsin gets as many calls as MSU yet still complains.

Reactions: iahawks10
Players don’t complain. Fans do, even Wisconsin. Go back to the Iowa Wisconsin post game twitter. Wisconsin gets as many calls as MSU yet still complains.

To be fair, this guy is a fan of a player who punched an opposing player in the nuts. It’s okay for their fans to whine about the subsequent 1 game suspension though.

If the officials called the games like you want them to you would be nailed for a solid 10+ moving screens a game.

It is what it is. Personally I think Purdue gets away with the most grabbing/hacking and I hate Tom Izzo with every ounce of my being.

Means nothing, Fredrick and company bounced around like pin balls. Fran referenced it at halftime interview.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT